“A Hidden Gem” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Clarion Suites Maingate

Save Saved
You added Clarion Suites Maingate to your Saves list
Clarion Suites Maingate
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   7888 W. Irlo Bronson Hwy, Kissimmee, FL 34747 (Formerly Comfort Suites Maingate)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #20 of 157 hotels in Kissimmee
South Park, Pennsylvania, United States
“A Hidden Gem”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

was concerned when we pulled up and saw this was an "outside" hotel....but it was wonderful...room was clean and spacious....loved the counter space in the bathroom..bed very comfortable...we ate dinner in the restaurant and it was delicious...the breakfast buffet leaves some to be desired...not much of a selection, but what there was was good...also not enough tables to eat at when the weather was too cold to eat outside....I must compliment one of the employees...his name is Josh he was our waiter and bartender and we also saw him ouside...he took our luggage cart back for us and was always so nice to talk to when we saw him...

Room Tip: there is an elevator to the 2nd and 3rd floors...but if you would like the convenience of having you...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
comfortsuites7888, General Manager at Clarion Suites Maingate, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope had a chance to visit on café, Pixies Java Café. There’s a large selection of pastries and specialty coffee available. If you didn’t have time during your visit, we hope you can check it our next time. Thanks again for your comments!

560 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

I stayed January 2-7. My room was 301 and was relatively clean. Other than a sticky night stand, there were no concerns. I passed on housekeeping during my stay. (This prevents things from going missing.) Front desk staff are pleasant but don't smile or engage guests. When I was waiting for a Mears taxi which was late, I approached the Latino male clerk to call to check and was told I could go to my room to call. The breakfast and the free shuttle to the attractions are a bonus. I would recommend this hotel if you are looking for a 3 star accommodation. Don't expect 4 star service but you get what you pay for.

Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
comfortsuites7888, General Manager at Clarion Suites Maingate, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay with us. Please accept my sincere apology for the issues with our front desk. This is not typical and I will look into this matter. We hope you visit again.
Winnipeg, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

I stayed at the Clarion Suites Maingate during a family trip to Disney World, and it was a really nice hotel. It was quiet, very clean, well maintained and had nice rooms. You're definitely getting a deal staying here as opposed to more pricier hotels in the area. Would definitely go back :)

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
comfortsuites7888, General Manager at Clarion Suites Maingate, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Wonderful! We can’t wait to see you again. Thank you for your comments.
Philadelphia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

Stayed in Clarion Suites Maingate during my recent visit to kissimme, Florida for disney world. The stay was very comfortable, pleasant and enjoyable. The breakfast served here was very nice. Also has a bar, and gift shop onsite.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
We are glad we could make your stay enjoyable. And we hope to see you again soon!
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

Our recent trip to Central Florida, in Kissimmee was very pleasant, comfortable, and enjoyable. This hotel restaurant served a full course breakfast, it also has a bar, snack, and gift shop on site. The hotel is modern, with Wi Fi internet connections, very clean and is located near other nice restaurants, and Disney World. The front desk staff was friendly, and professional, especially Jason, who checked us in upon our arrival. We would certainly recommend this hotel to our family and friends.
BDOTStudio

Room Tip: The rooms and the bathrooms were spacious!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
comfortsuites7888, General Manager at Clarion Suites Maingate, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Happy belated birthday! We appreciate your feedback and recommendations.
Winnipeg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

This large hotel offers amazing value. It seems to be very well maintained. Our spacious room had two very comfortable queen beds. Bathroom was very clean with a huge counter to spread our stuff out on. Microwave and fridge worked well. The safe in the room was locked by swiping a credit card, which seems to me to be a good idea. The pool area is huge and clean. Breakfast (included in our package) was plentiful, although the eggs and the sausages were not very appetizing. The coffee is surprising good. Without exception, the staff were cordial and efficient. Regina, the woman who punches your breakfast card, was very pleasant and allowed me to practise my terrible Spanish on her. My daughter left her expensive snorkelling mask at the pool and the staff ensured it was returned to us. I have only two negatives to report:
- The toasters at breakfast were a joke. They barely worked—I left my English muffin in for over 5 minutes and it still was not toasted. I reported this to the front desk and was told that the manager was shopping for new toasters that very day, so hopefully this has been rectified.
- There is no recycling. I don’t know if this is usual for Orlando hotels, but during our 10-day stay we accumulated a lot of aluminum cans, plastic and cardboard, and it bothered us to have to throw it away.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
We would love to have you back. Thanks for your kind words. I am happy to report that the toasters have been replaced. They just don’t make toasters like they used to I guess. We have back of the house recycling programs in place as well as energy and water conservation programs. Thank you for your feedback. Please visit again soon.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Clarion Inn Maingate last March for one week while visiting Disney and loved it so much that we returned with extended family for another week over Christmas week. We booked two rooms and our family members loved it every bit as much as we did. This hotel is beautifully landscaped, has impeccably clean and well maintained grounds, excellent, friendly staff and is 10 minutes from all Disney parks. The rooms are spacious and have the most comfortable beds and pillows I've ever encountered in any hotel. The rooms have a sofa (that pulls out into a bed if needed), coffee table, another table with chairs for eating, working or sitting, a microwave, spacious fridge, in-room safe and closet/cabinet. The bathroom is huge with ample counter space and good, hot water pressure in the showers. The large, curvy pool is fabulous and very clean. At night and in the evenings, the outdoor lighting is so pretty and the lush plantings of ferns, hibiscus and palm trees adds a tropical feel. The restaurant serves a free breakfast with basic options. The dinner menu offers good options including fine and casual fare. The pina coladas are the best I've had. There is ample outdoor seating for dining or relaxing. There is a Cracker Barrel next to the hotel for different breakfast/dining options and the Italian restaurant next door is fantastic. I can not say enough positive things about this place and would not consider staying anywhere else if visiting Disney again. The hotel is set back from the road so it is very quiet. You instantly feel "on vacation" the moment you check into your room. Although all the rooms are equally nice, I would recommend requesting a pool side room because the pool and surrounding area is so lush and tropical - its simply beautiful.It has a very nicely appointed laundry facility that is clean, well lit with plenty of machines. If you want every amenity provided by luxury accommodations - then stay somewhere else. But if you want a lovely, clean, relaxing place to stay close to Disney that provides all your creature comforts and then some - this is the place! We miss it already.

Room Tip: I would select a room with a pool view on the second or third floor (there is an elevator).
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
And we will miss you as well. Please don’t stay away too long. We can’t wait to have you again. Thank you for writing such an outstanding review. It is so rewarding for our staff to read it!

Been to Clarion Suites Maingate? Share your experiences!