We booked through a third party, had no problems at check-in, and got the room we reserved. The rooms are nice and big. We had two beds plus a semi-divided area with a couch and coffee table. The furniture was all in good shape. Beds were on the firmer side, but still comfortable. The pillows are odd because they're square shaped, although they were fine. The bathroom ran the width of the room all the way in the back. It has tons of counter space. The room and the entire property were clean. They had crews cleaning the outside door frames and windows the day we left.
The pool area is above average. It's fairly large and has a curved shape rather than a typical rectangle. There's a hot tub (it's definitely kept hot, not warm) big enough for at least 15 people. Plus there's even a mushroom fountain in the kiddie pool. It's all open until 11pm. If you're going to the parks then you might not get back in time to use it. They had Mexican style music playing in that area.
Breakfast runs 5:30 - 9:30am and can get really packed towards the end. They had sausage, eggs (with or without bacon!), hash brown patties, pancakes (like the frozen ones you can get from the grocery store), rice & beans, oranges, bread, bagels, english muffins, generic single-serve cereals, coffee (with plain creamer only), and a variety of juices from a machine. Overall it's better than your average free hotel breakfast. Some flavored coffee creamer and more fruit or yogurt would be the only things I'd add. Everything was kept fully stocked even at the end of the breakfast time so you don't need to worry about getting there early to get something you want... you could have trouble finding a spot to sit though.
Close to many restaurants, grocery stores, and a couple mini golf courses.
I'm glad we chose to stay here and would consider staying here again on future trips.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located two miles west of the Walt Disney World entrance. This Award winning hotel offers Complimentary breakfast, Free Shuttle to major theme parks and Free wireless Internet. Studio Suites sleep six people with two queen beds and sleeper sofa, refrigerater, microwave, coffee maker. All rooms refurbished in 2007, tastefully decorated with new furniture, carpet, bedding, linens. Oversized heated pool, Jacuzzi and poolside Cabana Bar. Eleven restuarants within walking distance as well as shopping center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Tingo, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, Venere and Priceline so you can book your Clarion Suites Maingate reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Suites Maingate Hotel Kissimmee
- Maingate Comfort Suites
- Comfort Suites Kissimmee
- Comfort Suites Maingate Resort
- Kissimmee Comfort Suites