“Clarion Suites & Jumbos” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Clarion Suites Maingate

You added Clarion Suites Maingate to your Saves list
Clarion Suites Maingate
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   7888 W. Irlo Bronson Hwy, Kissimmee, FL 34747 (Formerly Comfort Suites Maingate)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #21 of 158 Hotels in Kissimmee
Appleton, Wisconsin, United States
“Clarion Suites & Jumbos”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We are extremely happy with the Clarion Suites. This was our 14th year staying there. They are always upgrading the property It's very clean. They are prompt at doing something that needs to be done when requested. The pool area is beautiful. It is within walking distance to other resturants. You don't always have to get in your car and drive someplace to eat and the new resturaunt Jumbo's located on site is very nice. Michelle the bartender and waitress is excellent. She's very helpful when we have asked questions on the menu. She's very friendly and extremely professional Excellent menu. We will keep coming back to this location.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Miami Lakes, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We stayed here early March/2013. Everything was perfect! Room was cleaned everyday.
Breakfast is really great, with a large selection of food and juices. One of the best I experienced in MCO area.
Front desk staff was always available to help you, in a very professional manner.
Great service. Really.
Big room, giant bathroom. *NO* roaches found at all (anywhere in complex BTW).

LOCATION: Hotel is located on HWY 192, WEST of I-4. This area is still developing, but you can find several good restaurants, like Sweet Tomatoes (@ 3236 Rolling Oaks Blvd - 1.5 mi from hotel), Fridays, Outback and Olive Garden, among with junk food places (McDonalds, BK, Taco Bell). A very few are under a walking distance, but for most of them you will need a car/taxi.

Hotel is close to WDW complex (9 miles from MK), about 13 miles from Sea World, 16 miles from Universal, 23 from downtown Orlando (Amway Center/Church Street St).

CONS: WiFi didn't work for several days during the peak season on spring break - and very poor quality on the other days. Their business center computer does not print - need to ask front desk to print it inside the office.

CRAZY MAIL ORDER SHOPPER: If you are here on vacation from overseas, this hotel will charge you a convenience fee for every item received by mail or carrier. The fee is small, so, no need to worry.

GEEK/NERD TALK: Very poor 3G reception and no 4G at all on T-Mobile. VirginMobile does not work here - good signal but can't connect to their network. If you need internet to work while travelling, you probably will need to work from hotel lobby area. Even T-Mobile (mobile) voice service was not available inside the room (my room was in the back of complex).

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

My wife and I recently stayed at this hotel as part of a 10 day flight-hotel package with Westjet. We booked kind of last-minute and paid $660 pp taxes in - which was a very good deal because I found lots of flight-only prices to Orlando to be $500-700 - with no hotel included!

I always read Tripadvisor reviews before booking anything and for the most part our experience here mirrored what I had read from other travellers.

PROS

Front desk staff were very helpful and friendly.
Hotel was older but very clean.
Full-size fridge in room.
Pool and hot tub were both a good size and very clean.
5 min to Disney.
15-20 min to Universal.
Close to hundreds of restaurants - 2min to Walgreens - 5 min to Target.

CONS

Breakfast area really small and busy (exactly what everyone else says)

No Fitness Area

Pool was NOT heated (I would guess it was 72-73F - no way it was 80F+)

Lady who works in the lobby of the hotel at the tourist kiosk (she sold us Universal passes) is a little offside and could be a little crazy!!! LOL I cannot describe it any other way but she was a total weirdo!!! Also, when we went to use the passes she printed out for us at the park, the scanner couldn't read them so we had to go to guest services for new passes which was a bit of a pain. I would have gone back to complain but I didn't want her to murder me and wear my skin as a hat :)

Overall, for what we paid, excellent value. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants an affordable Orlando vacation.

Room Tip: We had a pool view - It was nice
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013 via mobile

We were exhausted when we arrived and were told they needed a credit card to check in. We stayed for 13 days and I found out on day 9 when I couldn't use that credit card anymore, that they had billed my card for 7 days accommodation at a higher rate quoted to me. In addition, they had placed a hold on my card for the 13 days accommodation at a higher rate than quoted. I had taken their initial quote with me and when I confronted the staff with this, was told 'computer says'. It was resolved but only because I was adamant. They do no ask you to sign a form with the hotel procedure and charge the card unknowingly. This is a serious breach in trust and it is illegal. The manager who was supposed to be on duty was not there even though the sign said she was available. This experience ruined my stay at the hotel!
The safety certificate for the elevator had expired in Aug 2011. Breakfast was disgusting and we had pb&j toast each morning. The buses are too small to manage the hotels they service and one often ends up standing after a very long day in the parks. We had cockroaches in our room. All in all this hotel was terrible and NOT a disney hotel at all! Will never visit again!

• Stayed August 2012
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

Spent 8 days at the hotel from Feb 23-March 3, 2012. Room was utilitarian but clean. Despite the fact that the hotel stay was prepaid, they asked for a credit card for "incidentals". I should not have provided a card as there are really no incidentals except for extra breakfast (only 2 provided) or drinks charged to the room and I preferred to pay cash for these. We were tired from a long flight and waiting until 4PM to check in so I provided the card. Big mistake. After paying for any extras (less than $20) in cash and checking out with a zero bill balance, arrived home to find a $518 charge to my credit card. We are now calling to investigate. Most of the guests seemed to get free stays as part of a time-share seminar. Will not stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Naples, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We had our family of 14 people, 9 adults and 5 kids.The service was great, the location was great, the pool was great and the nearby restaurants within a very short walk were a huge benefit (Outback, Chicago Pizza and Publix supermarket). The staff could not have been better in accommodating our group especially Veshti at the front desk.
The free breakfast was awesome - a huge savings.

Room Tip: Try to get a poolside room
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Bradenton, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

We spent one night with family and friends to celebrate my son's 7th birthday. The rooms were great...spacious and clean. Breakfast was very good as we had no problem getting a seat and plenty of food to go around. The staff was accommodating and pleasant. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Been to Clarion Suites Maingate? Share your experiences!