“Great place to stay!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Legacy Vacation Resorts

You added Legacy Vacation Resorts to your Saves list
Legacy Vacation Resorts
3.0 of 5 Specialty Resort   |   2800 N Poinciana Boulevard, Kissimmee, FL 34746 (Formerly Celebrity Resorts Orlando)   |
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Great place to stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2011

I stayed at the Legacy Vacation Resorts recenlty. I was able to find a great deal on Travelocity for $109/night for a two bedroom condo about a week before my trip. My sister has a timeshare membership. She reserved a three bedroom condo. I decided to reserve an extra room, because more people decided to join us for the trip at the last minute.

The resort conveniently located within a short 8 mile drive to Disney World and about 12 miles to Orlando Studios. Since it was not "high season" when we went, the drive to both parks took no more than 15 - 20 minutes. It was great! The resort is is very close to many restaurants, supermarkets and the Prime Outlet shopping area.

My two bedroom condo was very spacious and clean. It was nice having a full kitchen so we can cook our meals. We also had a washer and dryer in our unit. We were able to wash our clothes before returning home. There are pools, play area for the kids and a volley ball and tennis court on site; however, we didn't get to use them, because we were out all of the time.

The folks at the front desk were very friendly and helpful. Janice at the customer service desk was very helpful in providing recommendations on nearby restaurants and places to visit. I checked out of my condo and realized I left an item in my room. Carlos from Security was very helpful in getting back to me. It turned out I had my item with me all along. I was really appreciative of his help, nonetheless!

I would definitely recommend this resort to you if you are planning to go to Disney/Orlando Studios!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
Barboursville, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2011

Just got back from a 2 week stay at Legacy resorts Spas. We stayed in a 3 bedroom condo. First of all the idea of three bedroom is a joke. It is an extra room with kitchen supplies and a fold out couch. You have to move all the furniture (coffee table, end tables) out of the room to even open the couch to make it into a bed. Definitely not a deluxe statement there.
We stayed for two weeks, with no mid stay clean. Every other timeshare I have stayed in for 2 weeks offered a mid stay clean with sheets changed and clean towels.
Sure we could have gotten out own but why should we when staying for two weeks.
I was using a scooter, no curb cuts anywhere near most of the condos. I suppose if I had stated handicapped I might have been accommodated. But I really didn't need handicapped facilities, just a curb cut for the scooter.
They came around mid stay to put weather stripping on the bottom of the outer doors. The stripping was too long and we couldn't close the door. We took it off and left it lying outside, it was picked up. I bet we weren't the only ones to rip this stuff off.
Check in was easy but our room wasn't ready until 4:40. I couldn't understand that because the resort didn't seem very full.
No in room internet, not even for pay. You could go to the lobby but that was very inconvenient. I did stay at the same resort but in a different section a couple years ago and we could pay for internet.
I can't say I will never stay there again, but certainly not if I needed a 3rd bedroom.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Elmira, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2011

Stayed at the Legacy Resort with 2 other couples. We went to Disney's Epcot one of the days which was only 15 minutes away & Universal Studios City Walk for night life, it was just as close! The location was awesome. There were tons of restaurants, bars, amusement parks, outlet malls, grocery stores, gas stations, the airport- literally everything you need within a 20 minute drive. The rest of the trip we decided to "wing it" we cooked on one of the resort's grills one night and enjoyed live music entertainment from the pool/hot tub area. We did not have any kids with us but this was definitely a perfect family resort- they had basketball hoops, an activity center, putt-putt, ping-pong, volleyball, scheduled events daily and 4 pool areas. Without kids the resort was just as enjoyable.. relaxing hot tubs indoor&outdoor pools, indoor&outdoor bars, casino night, live entertainment, spacious rooms (full kitchen with laundry), a fitness center & super-friendly/accommodating staff. For an entire week our stay cost around $150/couple.. that's three couples in three separate bedrooms.. you honestly cant beat the price! Totally recommend it!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Champaign, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2011

We stayed here on the end of a trip to Cocoa Beach. It was a nice retreat. Must have been not very busy and a little cooler for those southerners. Went swiming and the walk up pool bar was a nice touch. A little expensive but access must cost something. The bed was very comfortable, the whirlpool tub was awesome. The staff were very hospitible except when you went to the front desk they didn't listen enough to understand the question I had so I had to wait to talk to one specific person just to ask where the stairs were. A little more patients to listen would have been appreciated. Otherwise, the guest services were very interactive and wanted to make sure we had a good time.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2011

First night we were in a 1 bed suite and I was bitten by bed bugs, found them in the bed. They moved us to another 2 bedroom suite and woke up next morning and my 3 year old had been bitten. We had to cut our trip short because of this problem, I would not stay again the cleanliness is horrible around and under the beds.

• Stayed October 2011
Bronx, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2011

A superviosor name Endrian Rojas made our worst vacation experienc at Legacy vacation resots to a good one. She changed our 2 mini suite to a one full suite and one mini suite with additional payment of just $15, which full filled all our needs.

My husband had booked two mini suites throtiugh travelocity for us and my sister and her husband after making sure if it comes with a kitchen. However, when we reached to the hotel, they only had one mini suite available at that moment which only came with a half kitchen. And they told us to wait couple of hour more to get our next mini suite which still will not full fill all our needs. The mini suites were very small and its not very specious for kids, it doesn't come with a full kitchen. We were deceived by the photos that were shown on travelocity and they were not very detailed about the mini kitchen or what the mini suite comes with. I would never again book anything from travelocity. Thanks to Endrian, she made my worst experience to a good one. After this experience, I would prefer to book my hotel directly with legacy without any third party.

Room Tip: one bed room suite with full kitchen on the second level