“Home away from Home!” 5 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Lodge   |   2545 Chatham Circle, Kissimmee, FL 34746-5160   |
niagara falls ontario
“Home away from Home!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

My husband, myself and our four children have been staying at the Beechtree Villas or Laguna Bay for the past 8 years and have a vacation planned for this March - with family and friends - which we have referred for the past two years. This is an awesome place to stay... Each villa is either individually owned or owned by the complex. Yes.. the pictures are outdated and some villas have more wear and tear than others which is up to the owners to make sure it is up to standard. We have never had a problem... We rent a three bedroom condo with two bathrooms - each has a full kitchen, huge livingroom, washer, dryer, t.v. dvd player and air conditioning. Room enough for 8 people. Love the fact that this place is very quiet.... We love that the pool, hot tub and games room is not over run with people - especially after a busy day at a park. Everyone is polite but keeps to themselves. Love that there is security at night. The stores, restaurants and parks are close by. We love seeing the wildlife and tiny lizards. There is also a small playground for the kids. Everything is easy to find. If ever a problem - the manager or owner fix the problem right away. We love coming here - and look forward to coming so much we may look into buying a place.

Room Tip: Ground floors are nice but you can sometimes hear the people upstairs (not a big deal).
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Rochester, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

I can't even begin to describe this place, just filthy and bad neighborhood, def not a 3 star hotel! Long story short I'm out $600 that was prepaid to HOTWIRE that they will not refund me, I had to pay another $700 and some odd dollars to stay at another hotel because there was no way I was staying there.
The pictures on the website are NOT what the place looks like at all, not even close. I turned the keys right back in after I was told I had the best rooms there were-THAT'S SCARY!I drove 40 minutes away to Bahama Bay where I enjoyed the rest of my vacation.

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thomasville, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

we stayed at Lagonna Bay unit 69,price was great but was told that my $100.deposit would be refunded in 14 days.well on the 16th day i called to see why i havent recieved my deposit back,the man told me ,it could take 21 days and was rushed off the phone.i knew right then ,BEECHTREE VILLS had no intention on refunding my deposit.but i have waited and called back on day27 ,only answering machine ,but i did leave message and of course no retun call.called back on day 28 to the same answering machine!!! so if anyone stays with these LYING CROOKS ,be aware u will not recieve your deposit back..not to mention the beds were horrible and roaches crawled through out unit....and trust me i will call book it .com and every place they advertise with and let them know..its just not right to do people this way...

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Rockledge, Florida, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2012

Wow, I really don't even know where to begin with rating this place. First off, please let me inform everyone that I have been in the travel industry for over 12 years and I have NEVER experienced what I did at Beachtree Villas.

For starters, they say that check-in is at 4:00. If you want to check-in early, they will charge a $35.00 fee. Well, we got there (a house in a run down neighborhood) right at 4:00 and the office (again, a house....no lobby or staff) was closed and our keys were in an envelope. We called the number to find out which unit we were in and they then proceeded to get our credit card number for another $100.00 deposit (total paid $150.00). We were told to come the next day back to said house so that we could check in, but when we did so, they were only open from 9-11am, so we actually did not physically get checked in for 2 days.

As for the unit itself.....it was disgusting. There was a modem in the unit, but it did not work at all for wifi. Thankfully, we brought our home from home and plugged it in and it worked like a charm. As for the kitchen, first off, DO NOT under any circumstances use the disposal. If you do, you will feel like you just went through a 10.0 earthquake. The appliances are all mismatched and I believe the dishwasher is as old as I am. Two of the burners on the stove didn't even work and the plug on the coffeemaker was so rusted, that I wouldn't even plug it in for fear of being electrocuted....so we did not drink coffee for a full week. It has very limited things to work with in the kitchen, there wasn't even a cutting board in there. Isn't that like a main essential to have in a kitchen? The dish towels that they had there smelled liked they hadn't been washed in quite some time. The washer and dryer was so old, that I wouldn't even put my clothes in there.

As for the beds, well if you enjoy sleeping on bricks, then you'll enjoy these beds. I believe that the cheapest hotel has more comfortable beds. My son was so uncomfortable in his twin bed, that he actually slept on the floor and said it was more comfortable....that's sad!! For the six nights we were there, I probably only slept an average of 3 hours a night. The shower knobs are so hard to pull on just to get the water running and the toilets were filthy with rings inside of them.

Last, but not least, they weren't there for us to check in, but by gosh, they called us at 9:45 to make sure we would be out of the unit by 10:00am because the cleaning lady was already there.....seriously?!!? We stayed in unit 73 and I believe it was building 5202 or 5212. We checked out on March 30th and as of today's date are still awaiting our refund from our deposit.

As I said earlier, I have been a travel professional for over 12 years and have sent clients all over the world, some are luxury travelers and some are budget travelers. To my budget travelers, I would never recommend this place. For a few dollars more, you could stay at Westgate Lakes Resort and Spa (to be closer to Universal), Mystic Dunes (closer to Disney) or Lake Eve Resort (closer to SeaWorld). All have very nice condos with upgrades galore and an actual resort with staff at the front desk.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
DFunk34746, General Manager at Beachtree Villas, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
We do know where to begin in responding to this review. This guest saved over $1750.00 on her six night stay by staying with us compared to her recommendations at the end of her review.
Unfortunately, the motivation for this review is because this guest is angry that she has a debit card that she used for her reservation and is striking out at us because of our policy which requires a security/incidental fee deposit for debit card users. We would rather never have had to implement this but due to many instances with debit card users we had to. A “Travel Professional” would know this.
Although presented by the user as a credit card a debit cards is basically the cash balance that the user has in their checking account. There is no credit line attached to them to act as a security deposit for incidental charges or damage that might be cause during a guests stay. Due to past happenstances with some past debit card users we have found that they depart with outstanding balances that they do not have the funds in their account to cover. As such we have had to go from trusting people to having a policy that now requires debit card users to place a security deposit/incidental charge allowance on their debit card. The guest is advised that the incidental/security deposit will be returned between 14 and 21 days after they depart if there are no charges placed against it.
This guest is angry because she didn’t want to have a deposit/incidental amount charged to her debit card immediately. After 12 days the guest called asking about the deposit and was advised that it was scheduled to be returned later during the day. The next morning the guest called again angrily saying that the money was not in her account. She was advised that we returned the money and it is the banks not us that take time from when the money is returned to when it is posted on her account. She shouted that it happens immediately with her bank and accused us of not returning her money. The money was returned as stated and as everyone knows there is a several day delay as to when it might be posted back on an account by the banks. We apologized to her even though it was something that was out of our control.
That same day she wrote this negative review to intentionally hurt our business because she was angry.
This is the report from our credit card processor showing that on April 13,2013 the guest was refunded the $100.00 security/incidental deposit. The guests name and address have been removed her town has been left so you can confirm it with her review location.

Rockledge FL 32955 13 Apr 2012
06:40:30 PDT

REFUND
cleared Payment Amount -$100.00

We will address her comments to help other guest who might be concerned about her comments when deciding to book and stay with us.
1. She complained about our check in time.
A “Travel Professional” and anyone who travels know that 4p.m. is a standard for check in time. Our check in policy and hours are clearly stated to our guest by us. The problem this guest incurred is that she booked through a discount online travel agency and apparently did not read any information they provided her. If she had read the information she would have known the check in time and also to call us. If she had called us we would have made sure she had and knew the necessary and pertinent information to help her with a smooth check in.
2. Early Check In Prior to 1 P.M.
If you would like an early check in before 1 P.M. there is a charge of $35.00. This is a special request and we try to accommodate it, It is not always possible. The reason for this charge is that the previous guest has until 10a.m. to check out of the unit and that we must now clean, prepare, and possibly repair a 1300 square foot unit that has three bedrooms, two bathrooms, a living room, dining room, a full size kitchen with a stove with oven, microwave oven, refrigerator, dishwasher, pots, pans, utensils, dishes, glassware, knives, forks, spoons and a full size washer and dryer. This takes a significant amount of time to clean and prepare it (most hotel rooms are approximately 300 to 400 sq ft and just have a bed and a bathroom). In order to accomplish the early check in we now must reposition and concentrate our staff on this unit to accomplish its’ preparation for the guest in now an even slighter amount of time from check out to check in.
If you do not want to pay for the early check in and arrive early you can register at our office we will give you the keys to the unit and you can go and enjoy the day and call us around 4p.m. for your unit assignment.
3. Our check in office is a house it has been so for more 18 years.
We do rent condos and homes and our office is centrally located to our properties. Due to the fact that this guest checked in outside of our office hours she was made available to our simple afterhours check in procedure. Guests who arrive after our office hours are asked to stop by the following morning between 9a.m. and 11a.m. to register. This is not our office hours it is a time we request guests to check in between before they start their day and forget to come. Apparently this guest did not attempt to come in between these hours and then made a self determination without contacting us that the office closed at 11a.m. If this guest had called the office she would have known that. She says she could not check in for two days, is this because she was mistaken about the office hours I do not know. Apparently she did not have a problem on the second day.
4. We totally disagree that the unit is disgusting.
Why would a “travel professional” or anyone stay for six days in a disgusting environment? Why didn’t this guest ever call us about any issues or even advise us on the second day when she was personally at the office and conversed with staff while she registered? She must have known if it was disgusting immediately or was it after she left? This person stayed for six days.
5. WI-FI
Currently, we do not have or advertise Wi-Fi within the units. We do have free direct hookup within the units and free Wi-Fi within the clubhouse. It is strange that someone would travel with a Wi-Fi unit from their home. Great for her she hooked her own WiFi up to our cable modem and it worked.
6. She reports a problem with the garbage disposal.
After this guest checked out the disposal was found to have several metal bottle caps banging around within it. How they got there between her arrival and departure we can only imagine. Metal bottle caps rattling around within a garbage disposal certainly create quite a racket. If this guest had called and advised us of the issue it would have been resolved immediately. Please note again this guest never advised us neither during her face to face interaction with our staff during check in or with a simple call to advise us about this during her six day stay.
7. She reports a problem with the coffee maker.
The guest said the coffee makers plug was so rusted that she wouldn’t even plug it in. This is something we had to see. What was found was that the copper colored prongs had dulled like a shiny penny does. There was absolutely nothing wrong with the coffee maker it is still in service within the unit with no complaints from the guests. Most importantly, why didn’t this guest let us know of her concern we would have checked it out and if it was damaged replaced it. “So we didn’t drink coffee for a week”, Really?
8. She reports that there wasn’t a cutting board.
In this unit there is a combination cutting board / heat plate. Again a simple telephone call would have resolved this issue even if there wasn’t one within the unit we would have brought one over, six days no call.
9. Stove burners did not work.
When our cleaners clean the stove the burners are removed on occasion they are not replaced for a full connection. When the unit was checked the burners were working fine. If there was a problem it would have been an easy fix if we were notified, six days no call.
10. Dish Towels
All towels are washed. We have no idea as to what she was smelling but again if she had a problem with them let us know so we can address the issue, six days no call.
11. “The Washer and Dryer was so old, I wouldn’t even put my cloths in there.”
We supply free usage of a washer and dryer within the unit a great convenience and bonus. All hotels have paid machines and your per load cost is probably around $8.00. Ours are free another savings to you. The washer and dryer worked fine. If a guest doesn’t want to use them for a perceived strange reason then there is no loss since they are free to use.
12. Bedding
The guest who identifies herself as a “travel professional: uses the word “believe” not knows, when saying the cheapest hotel has more comfortable beds. Unfortunately, we cannot have all types of different firmnesses of beds within a unit. We have found in our experience over the years that most guests prefer a firm mattress to a soft and saggy one.
13. Filthy rings in the toilet.
Our units are cleaned and then checks by a supervisor before a guest checks in. We find it highly unlikely that this guest found filthy rings in the toilet. Once a guest checks into a unit if they do not choose to have maid service the units are self serviced by the guest during their stay. She might have observed filthy rings after staying for six days without cleaning the toilet though. Again, if she had observed something like that why wouldn’t you call us we would have been over to rectify the issue, six days no call.
14. The guest complained that we called her to remind her of the 10 a.m. check out time.
We are sorry a friendly telephone reminder call bothered her so much. Our cleaners through experience are very good at identifying a guest who does not appear to be checking out on time. We have pointed out earlier how long it takes to prepare a unit and when a guest overstays check out without notifying us can affect the timing for the whole day and ultimately arriving guests, Note, this guest who was so angry about not getting an early check in, did not check out until 10:45 a.m. If she wasn’t called and politely reminded about the check out who knows what time she would have left.
15. The guest recommends other establishments with upgrades galore.
When you would be paying two to three hundred dollars or more a night than this guest did I would expect additional benefits. We provide our guest with nice, clean and affordable accommodations. This guest booked us on an online discount travel site in which the guest does not even know what the properties name is before booking, she booked strictly for price. You would think a travel professional would like to know where they are staying before they book. In any event this guest received a fantastic deal.
“Absolutely Worst Place to Stay” is quite a distinction for someone who stayed for six days without a complaint to us. Do you believe?
Nashville, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2012

First, I am well aware that our stay here was during a very busy season, but that does not excuse the poor state of the condo and the less than professional exchanges with the staff here. Also, there are few times a year when Disney World isn't crowded.

Be advised that property management and guest services is not on the property. When you arrive, you are at a private home where if not between 3:30 & 5:00 pm, keys will be left in a box within an envelope with your name on it. (I'd wondered why the desk representative called me and was rather pushy about getting an exact arrival time)

The condo we stayed in was very spacious. It must be 1800 sq ft. Apparently, other non-human species found the condo spacious enough for them to share with us. There were spiders with fly and gnat carcasses in their webs in the shower corners upon arrival; and the shower light bulb had blown. The carpet had stains in every room. There were smashed bugs on the walls in the den. Internet access was well, inaccessible and I haven't seen televisions that old since I was 10. Nevertheless, we were there to enjoy the parks and didn't plan on spending a great deal of time in the condo. So I called the "desk" about this and was told it would be handled after we'd left for the parks the next morning. Yeah, I wanted to clean myself in a dark shower with insects. When we put the children to bed, we found dingy sheets in every room. I can only hope that they purchased taupe sheets, but I don't think they began that color. I was too scared to pull the sheets back and look at the mattress. I might have fainted. Then, I went into the kitchen and saw the rusted refrigerator door and opened the pantry looking for the trashcan and found an insect welcoming committee. When we contacted management about these additional concerns, they were far less than polite and not at all willing to make amends. The manager hung up on us.

Yes, this place is spacious and convenient to the parks, but the grounds are not the cleanest. The staff is rude. The condos are very outdated and are inhabited by non-human species. Perhaps some are better equipped to spend time in such conditions, but I'm not. The lack of professionalism and concern by the staff was insult to injury. The mattresses are what you find within dormitories at state schools (yep, the striped ones). I think I saw the furniture on TVLand. It was not expensive, but not a value either. I've stayed at another condo in Orlando previously that was half what I paid here and much cleaner and even closer to Disney. There was an actual front desk and staff on the property, not some landlord living in a house around the corner keeping odd hours. Too bad it was fully booked. Now I know why this place wasn't.

So the quick of it is: If space and a full albeit smelly kitchen are more important than cleanliness and a polite/professional staff, then this is the place for you. If you prefer courtesy, cleanliness, 24 hour maintenance, staff that is on the property, and a customary check in, this place is not it. For our next visit, I'll be sure to book the other condo in advance.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2012

My family and I have been staying at Beachtree Villas for our annual Disney trips for the past 5 years. We love, and quite frankly cannot believe, the amount of space we get for our dollar. The units are very clean and spacious just as advertised. The staff is very supportive, reasonable, and accomodating to any of our requests. Beachtree Villas is a very clean place and we have noticed new renovations each time we have stayed. We love the new furniture, wall colors, and crown molding! In all of my traveling, I have never stayed at such a LARGE and clean place for these rates - in fact I usually pay more for less!!! Thank you Beachtree villas for being so accomodating that it allows us to come multiple times! We simply love your villas!

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for their repeat guest discounts!
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2011 via mobile

Gross, disgusting, sickening. This place looks like what you would expect in a motel frequented by prostitutes. Nasty carpet, rusty fridge, dirty sheets, the place smelled like mold. I'm contacting the health department. It should be condemned. We stayed about an hour-- long enough for me to contact hotwire & get out of there.

• Stayed December 2011

Been to Beachtree Villas? Share your experiences!