“First and Last Stay” 1 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Lodge   |   2545 Chatham Circle, Kissimmee, FL 34746-5160   |
Nashville, Tennessee
“First and Last Stay”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2012

First, I am well aware that our stay here was during a very busy season, but that does not excuse the poor state of the condo and the less than professional exchanges with the staff here. Also, there are few times a year when Disney World isn't crowded.

Be advised that property management and guest services is not on the property. When you arrive, you are at a private home where if not between 3:30 & 5:00 pm, keys will be left in a box within an envelope with your name on it. (I'd wondered why the desk representative called me and was rather pushy about getting an exact arrival time)

The condo we stayed in was very spacious. It must be 1800 sq ft. Apparently, other non-human species found the condo spacious enough for them to share with us. There were spiders with fly and gnat carcasses in their webs in the shower corners upon arrival; and the shower light bulb had blown. The carpet had stains in every room. There were smashed bugs on the walls in the den. Internet access was well, inaccessible and I haven't seen televisions that old since I was 10. Nevertheless, we were there to enjoy the parks and didn't plan on spending a great deal of time in the condo. So I called the "desk" about this and was told it would be handled after we'd left for the parks the next morning. Yeah, I wanted to clean myself in a dark shower with insects. When we put the children to bed, we found dingy sheets in every room. I can only hope that they purchased taupe sheets, but I don't think they began that color. I was too scared to pull the sheets back and look at the mattress. I might have fainted. Then, I went into the kitchen and saw the rusted refrigerator door and opened the pantry looking for the trashcan and found an insect welcoming committee. When we contacted management about these additional concerns, they were far less than polite and not at all willing to make amends. The manager hung up on us.

Yes, this place is spacious and convenient to the parks, but the grounds are not the cleanest. The staff is rude. The condos are very outdated and are inhabited by non-human species. Perhaps some are better equipped to spend time in such conditions, but I'm not. The lack of professionalism and concern by the staff was insult to injury. The mattresses are what you find within dormitories at state schools (yep, the striped ones). I think I saw the furniture on TVLand. It was not expensive, but not a value either. I've stayed at another condo in Orlando previously that was half what I paid here and much cleaner and even closer to Disney. There was an actual front desk and staff on the property, not some landlord living in a house around the corner keeping odd hours. Too bad it was fully booked. Now I know why this place wasn't.

So the quick of it is: If space and a full albeit smelly kitchen are more important than cleanliness and a polite/professional staff, then this is the place for you. If you prefer courtesy, cleanliness, 24 hour maintenance, staff that is on the property, and a customary check in, this place is not it. For our next visit, I'll be sure to book the other condo in advance.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family

Couples
Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2012

My family and I have been staying at Beachtree Villas for our annual Disney trips for the past 5 years. We love, and quite frankly cannot believe, the amount of space we get for our dollar. The units are very clean and spacious just as advertised. The staff is very supportive, reasonable, and accomodating to any of our requests. Beachtree Villas is a very clean place and we have noticed new renovations each time we have stayed. We love the new furniture, wall colors, and crown molding! In all of my traveling, I have never stayed at such a LARGE and clean place for these rates - in fact I usually pay more for less!!! Thank you Beachtree villas for being so accomodating that it allows us to come multiple times! We simply love your villas!

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for their repeat guest discounts!
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2011 via mobile

Gross, disgusting, sickening. This place looks like what you would expect in a motel frequented by prostitutes. Nasty carpet, rusty fridge, dirty sheets, the place smelled like mold. I'm contacting the health department. It should be condemned. We stayed about an hour-- long enough for me to contact hotwire & get out of there.

• Stayed December 2011
Pueblo West, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2011

After reading some of the reviews at this site I must say I was a little concerned after we had booked our villa back in May for an October stay. But having stayed for 12 nights we were very pleased with our overall stay. I have come to the conclusion that most of the negative reviews I read are probably written by people that were expecting a "five star stay" at an "economy price" and possibly had unreasonable expectations. Don't get me wrong the villa was a very nice place to stay and was perfect for our family and our needs, I just don't think some people would be happy with complete perfection. We were greeted warmly by a lady who stayed beyond their normal closing time on a Saturday. She actually called us to see if we were on our way and stayed late to meet us even when we did not respond to her phone call immediately. The villa was VERY spacious. And while maybe not "white glove immaculate" it was reasonably clean and in good condition. It was raining the first two days we were there and a wet spot appeared in the master closet. We called the next day the office was open and let them know about the wet closet floor along with two bathroom light bulbs that were out. When we came back that evening all of the issues had been resolved. We encountered no rudeness from any of the staff. And any question we had was addressed quickly and thoroughly. We were very impressed with the roominess and comfort of the villa. It was in a great location near everything of interest and necessity especially Walt Disney World and Wal-Mart. Our family used the pool, hot tub, weight room, and tennis court area and all of those areas were clean, very nice and well kept. My 6'7" husband and I are spoiled with a KIng sized waterbed at home and we are seldom comfortable when we travel and stay in a different bed but he and I both were very comfortable and slept great! After the first two days of rain we commented to each other that we couldn't imagine being cramped up in a small hotel room with no space. Having the fully equipped kitchen was a real blessing as well as the full-sized washer and dryer. Unlike wanting to get out of a cramped hotel room we were glad to come home to a comfortable, spacious villa where we all had our own space and could enjoy our stay. We will definitely use Beachtree Villas again and heartily recommend them to friends and family.

Room Tip: Just like in apartment living, if you prefer a more quiet stay the second floor might be quieter tha...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Jacksonville, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

This was on of the cleanest, well-equipped places we have ever stayed. Everything they advertised was there. The villa was very clean and comfortable. There was plenty of space. It was very close to all the parks and to any stores that we needed or were interested in checking out. Check-in and check-out procedures were extremely easy. The staff was extremely courteous and helpful!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

I came on a Family Trip. its not what you think. the Pics from the website are old of course. the same old furniture. from 20 years ago, it had a molded smell to the place. when I got there, I had to pay a 200 security dollar deposit. thats fine, IF I ever going to GET IT BACK?!! I asked the lady in the front desk. when will it be put back in my account. she told me, "When you check out, give it a few days to clear." thats fine. I checked out July 7th...Today is July 28. I never received it. I called them Last week, that I never received my deposit back. The guy that was on the phone, had supposably looked up my info. told be give it a couple more days. Now I wont ever see my MONEY BACK. its gonna be a month now!

Room Tip: old and not updated
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2011 via mobile

First off the place is disgusting. There were hairs on the sheets bugs in the sheets on bed. Dale the manager is very hard to deal with .we did not stay one night to nasty

• Stayed July 2011

Been to Beachtree Villas? Share your experiences!