“Would stay again!” 5 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Lodge   |   2545 Chatham Circle, Kissimmee, FL 34746-5160   |
Jacksonville, Arkansas
“Would stay again!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

This was on of the cleanest, well-equipped places we have ever stayed. Everything they advertised was there. The villa was very clean and comfortable. There was plenty of space. It was very close to all the parks and to any stores that we needed or were interested in checking out. Check-in and check-out procedures were extremely easy. The staff was extremely courteous and helpful!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

83 people have reviewed this hotel

Couples
Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

I came on a Family Trip. its not what you think. the Pics from the website are old of course. the same old furniture. from 20 years ago, it had a molded smell to the place. when I got there, I had to pay a 200 security dollar deposit. thats fine, IF I ever going to GET IT BACK?!! I asked the lady in the front desk. when will it be put back in my account. she told me, "When you check out, give it a few days to clear." thats fine. I checked out July 7th...Today is July 28. I never received it. I called them Last week, that I never received my deposit back. The guy that was on the phone, had supposably looked up my info. told be give it a couple more days. Now I wont ever see my MONEY BACK. its gonna be a month now!

Room Tip: old and not updated
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2011 via mobile

First off the place is disgusting. There were hairs on the sheets bugs in the sheets on bed. Dale the manager is very hard to deal with .we did not stay one night to nasty

• Stayed July 2011
Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2011

When we arrived at the resort we were not told they shared an entry road so even with the navigation system we had to drive around for a bit. We actually drove by it several times. We arrived at the unit at approximately 8pm, the toilets did not flush, the bathroom was in disrepair, the bathmats were filthy and the towel bar in the shower was missing. The air vents in the unit were rusty and the overall condition of the unit was poor, run down and smelled of mold. The towels and linen were old and filthy. They were the kind of towels you save in the garage to wash and dry your car. The outside on the buildings were dirty and covered in cobwebs. When I phoned in to indicate the toilets did not flush the man who arrived told us to get out or he would call the sheriff and have us thrown out because we were trouble makers. I had my brother visiting with me from Phoenix, my daughter was on crutches, and then there was my wife and myself. The man was rude to my wife, inconsiderate with any concerns we had as customers. We have a house in Massachusets and a house in Rotonda West. We have traveled to the Orlando area for over 25 years. This was by far the worst experience we have ever had. Because of the poor way we were treated, other business in the area did not get our business because we left early for home the next morning.

Our treatment by Beachtree Villas was disgraceful. I intend on sharing this information with AAA, orbitz and other travellers. The owners and Beachtree Villas should be ashamed of this disgracelful treament of guests and by the lack of care and attention to their Villas!

This was just a horrible experience!!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Orlando, Fl
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2010

This year is my family's 4th Thanksgiving with Beachtree Villas and as always, our holiday was stress free. Although I live only 10 miles away in Orlando, my house is not big enough so when we want to get our extended family members together for Thanksgiving with a full kitchen, this is the place we choose. Not everyone can sleep in one unit, but the living room is big enough for our dinner gathering and the full kitchen is huge for cooking and serving. They have all of the comforts of staying at home. Our first stay was at Somerset, then Royal Palms. Last year we were at Sweetwater and this past week we stayed at Laguna Bay Villas. My favorite was Somerset because it's closer to the stores and they had more cabinets in the kitchen, but all of the villas had the same layout and square footage, amenities and service. Every unit we ever stayed in was sparkling clean upon our arrival. Only once (this year) were there maintenance issues (2 burners on stove did not work, bedframe was broke, etc) but we chose not to bother staff during the holiday and work around the minor issues. I agree that you don't get the face-to-face access found at the hotels which is something I don't need, but they do deliver on their promises. Plus, twice someone in the family left important valuables behind and staff called us within an hour after our departure to report the items...I NEVER got that from a hotel! The places are consistently affordable, the staff is available 24/7 for emergency maintenance and other issues and the price and convenience are unbeatable! Thanks Beachtree. Keep up the great work and I'll see you next year. L. McCall (and Happy Family) ^o^

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2010

This is the 2nd time we've used this company, and its been for the most part good. The condo's are individually owned/maintained, but managed by the group. They have a variety of locations, but we liked the location so well, we returned this year. Close to the 192 (main drag to Disney World). Easy access to all the attractions. Home comforts... washer/dryer, kitchen, 3 bedrooms, 2 bath on condo property with tennis, kids playground, pool/jacuzzi.
We had a few issues that were reported for the owner to fix, but minor compared to cost and quality for 10 days - average cost per day for a place that holds up to 8 people $100.00. Very economical if you are splitting costs with friends.
We'd go back again.

It is a home, so you have no maid service if you are looking for this - it's more vacation home vs. hotel.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
Buffalo, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2010

I cannot speak for the past reviewers' experiences or which units they were inhabiting, only my own. I was a little nervous at first not knowing what to expect with reading some of these reviews, and also because it was our first experience out of a hotel/resort scene.

When we arrived at our villa located at the Laguna Bay complex, my wife and I checked all the water facilities, electrical utilities, appliances, air conditioning, windows, carpets, bed spreads/sheets etc. and all were in excellent condition. Nothing was broken or dirty. Furniture was in excellent condition as well. I breathed a sigh of relief. The villa was very charming. Ours was for 6 people. It had a living room, dining room, kitchen, laundry closet, corner hallway closet, 2 single bed bedroom with walk-in closet and hangers, master bedroom with attached bathroom and walk-in closet with hangers. The kitchen was well stocked with 6 plates, 6 bowls, 6 drinking cups, 6 juice cups, some cookware, and silverware. The bathrooms were stocked with 6 towels, hand towels, and wash clothes, and some soap. The villa was, overall, very clean.

As far as the dated appliances complaints - look it - you're on vacation and these are temporary quarters while you're away at the local attractions. If you're looking for 5-star resort amenities and to be waited on hand-over-fist or to not leave the premises for your stay(if that's what you call a vacation), you're in the wrong neighborhood. Steel convection coil stove vs. a flat cooktop stove does not constitute antique-ish appliances. So let's be realistic here. Minus cooking over a campfire, they accomplish the same thing - heat your food. Furthermore, I don't need a 55 inch flat plasma TV screen while I'm on vacation so I'm not expecting one, nor do I plan on watching one while on vacation. The TV was a regular flat panel console 27 inch and the kids were happy with that. Everything was fine and worked.

There is also a pool area behind the recreation building. The pool takes up to about 20 people or so, but there was never that many there, about 5-8 at any given time. (My kids swam there almost every day.) The rec building has wi-fi as did our villa. It also has a billiard table, reading area, work-out gym, and a sauna. It was clean and well stocked with local attraction brochures in the lobby. The villa grounds were well kept and set in foliage and not out in the open under the hot sun, though it was still hot and humid nonetheless.

Upon check-in (the check-in office is in a residential area about 1 mile away), we had been given a complimentary starter-bag of hygiene products (toothpaste, shampoo, soap) to start just in case if we had forgotten anything from home. But we had come prepared with our own amenities. Again, this is not a hotel, so be prepared and bring your own stuff from home and don't complain about it. If you forgot something, the location of the villa is perfect. It is in a gated complex away from the road and the main strip of attractions (about 2 miles), yet close enough to civilization. There is a Super Walmart and Target nearby for your convenience. The complex is about 20 minutes from the Disney parks and Universal Orlando (given daily traffic patterns). Perfect spot.

The value was just what the doctor ordered for a family of 5. I booked 12 nights (w/ AAA discount) back in January 2010 for our July 2010 stay. It was well worth it. We had no hidden charges charged to us or anything like that. Read your confirmation notice. It spells everything out in English. Charges are only hidden if you don't read the contract. If you don't read or ask questions, that's your own fault - so don't complain about it. If you're a slob that leaves a mess behind where ever you go, yes, they will charge extra to clean up after you - it's in the contract.

The only area of criticism I have is that there were a lot of (nesting) wasps around the foliage. One always kept creeeping into our confines everyday and I had to either capture/release or kill it. No biggie unless you have allergic reactions to bee/wasp stings. Then that would be a big concern. The other minor issue is that the outside fascade could use a power wash to get some of the insect nests or grass clippings off. Not a deal breaker.

Overall, me, my wife and 3 kids were extremely satisfied with our accommodations and would definitely recommend this to a family looking to save a little money while staying for an extended vacation. It's adequately furnished and conveniently located near everything (including a hospital) while maintaining some peace and quiet.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Been to Beachtree Villas? Share your experiences!