This hotel is so laughably bad, you almost have to admire it.
The first bad surprise is the resort fee, which you would not find unless you go looking for it. It’s cleverly hidden by both Orbitz and the hotel in their descriptions – and the Hotel Fron tDesk even has a printout of the Orbitz website showing where it’s hidden, so they can prove you are an idiot for not having dug relentlessly to find it - so they can show YOU were WRONG and THEY were RIGHT. Their page capture, though, doesn’t mention you have to click to see the last sentences of a write up of the hotel, which is where the resort fee is hidden. Even ORbitz makes you figure out that in the reservation process, you need to click a link to find out about this resort fee. I always though tORbitz was better than that – they’re not. So this review also means that for us, ORbitz becomes our booking site of last choice, not first choice. We just don't like being tricked, and both Orbitz and this hotel succeeded in fooling us.
When you pull up, you have a moment of thinking, aha, not so bad - but that is the OTHER Ramanda, directly across the street. No, you've booked into the aging, dilapidated hulk on the north side of 192.
The 2nd thing about the hotel: the stench of chlorine blasts your nostrils and permeates all the hallways from the moment you enter the hotel. They have an indoor pool right by the dining room, and it is an ugly murky blue, not clear and reassuring. Yukko.
The atmosphere: disorganized, like a 2nd rate hotel in Central America.
The Wi-Fi doesn’t work – there are a few spots you can grab it sporadically, but they kept reassuring me I just had to keep trying, until they admitted it wasn’t going to work – period. It doesn’t even work in the lobby.
There were sticky spots on our bedspreads. The pillows seemed to have no covers or just one cover. Noisy, grubby hallways, rooms showing serious wear and tear.
When I complained about the wifi to the staff, they shrugged and reminded me that since it was ‘free’ wifi, they didn’t have any reason to reimburse me for anything.
Now we get to the hairballs in the shower. Think Kraken from Pirates. Seriously, there was no way this shower or tub have drained properly in recent months. This took the plumber 45 minutes to clear just partially. The things he extracted from that pipe belong in a horor movie.
Finaly it got to the point where we could actually take a shower. However, when you are 10 inches deep in cooling off water, and you know it's circulating down to the next clump of hairballs from some hairy person from last year, it' just doesn't feel good.
Everything in this hotel feels 2nd rate or 3rd rate, beat up, barely tolerable. For $52, it’s a little too much. The place screams out for a makeover. There’s one PC and printer in the ‘business center’ in the lobby. The printer is broken. Must be 400 rooms in this place.
IN the fitness center, everything is broken. Except the TV. and the mirror. so you can look at yourself wanting to be fit.
buffet breakfast. No fault o fthe overworked servers, but they don't even come to ask if you want coffeee or juice until you are aalmost finished. I helped myself and had to negotiate to not be billed for doing so. Good points - it's near Disney. It wasn't actually scary - just kinda slimy start to finish.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located outside sunny Orlando, Florida, our hotel in Kissimmee is close to all that central Florida has to offer, including the major theme parks, shopping, dining and entertainment. Situated just one mile from the main gate of Walt Disney World, Magnuson Grand Hotel Maingate West offers spacious, comfortable resort accommodations, exceptional amenities and exemplary service, all at a great value! Enjoy hours of family fun in our 8,000-square-foot, four-story atrium. Kids will love splashing in the heated indoor pool and playing arcade games, pool and air hockey in the game room. Parents will enjoy soaking in the hot tub or sipping a frosty beverage in the adjacent Brass Monkey Lounge.The atrium is also great for family reunions and group gatherings around the pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, HostelBookers, getaroom.com, Agoda and Tingo so you can book your Magnuson Grand Hotel Maingate West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Maingate West Hotel Kissimmee
- Ramada Hotel Kissimmee
- Ramada Hotel Maingate West
- Ramada Maingate West Kissimmee
- Kissimmee Ramada
- Ramada Kissimmee