“Wifi” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Magnuson Grand Hotel Maingate West

You added Magnuson Grand Hotel Maingate West to your Saves list
Magnuson Grand Hotel Maingate West
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   7491 West Highway 192, Kissimmee, FL 34747 (Formerly Ramada Kissimmee Maingate West)   |
Ranked #90 of 158 Hotels in Kissimmee

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
Maryville, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

We had already booked another hotel-which was awesome-when we decided to come a day earlier. We booked this hotel because it was cheap and we just needed a place to sleep. Unfortunately this is its best attribute, it is a place to sleep. The "courtyard" was nasty and I would not have entered either the pool or the spa without a body suit-gross. The halls were nasty and smelled bad and the carpet was filthy. If you are looking for a cheap hotel to sleep, then stay otherwise run.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Hotel M, Guest Relations Manager at Magnuson Grand Hotel Maingate West, responded to this review, November 6, 2013

Newark, Delaware, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

I used to stay at this hotel from 2004 to 2009. The hotel has not been updated since before 04. The pool was so cold you could not even go into it. The hot tub was dirty and not hot. The buffet used to be awesome, now food was tasteless and like a school cafeteria. I spent every October at this hotel from 04-09 and it was packed. Not anymore. The rooms were not kept up. Everything is dated. The karaoke is no more and the pizza place in the center is closed down. My son and I was two of the 5 people that were at the bar/pool area. There was a sign stating the place was behind on their taxes and the building was going to be seized. Staff was wonderful as always. Price was good. It is in serious need of some TLC. I dont think it is as dirty as it is just old. There was never weeds in the flower beds before. The owner is not taking care of the property. I have spent over 5 months at this hotel and we had to leave after 1 night. I am very disappointed.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your recent stay with us. We appreciate your feedback regarding your experience. It is our goal to provide the highest level of customer service. We rely on our guests to let us know when we have fallen short. Comments such as yours permit us to target areas of concern and take the necessary steps to remedy the situation.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconveniences you encountered during your stay with us. Along with our General Manager, we have reviewed your comments and we have taken the appropriate actions to ensure a situation of this nature will not be repeated in the future.
M.Haibon-Sales
Poughkeepsie, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

My friend and I ended up staying at the Ramada Maingate West after being at a previous hotel that had a cockroach in the room and then horrible customer service, so we switch our plans and stayed at the Ramada Maingate West. The customer service at the hotel was wonderful and they were always willing to help with our requests. We especially enjoyed the help from the Assistant manager Stephanie Seay. She was the greater help out of all. Very pleasant and always available to help us out. I enjoyed staying at the hotel, and will hopefully come back to stay again!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your review of our hotel. Our staff is very proud of the work they do, and always try to go above and beyond when it comes to each of our guests. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed using our on property amenities such as the indoor pool and bar! We hope to see you again next year!
Tampa, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

Let me start with as soon as you walk in, the whole place smells of chlorine and it is extremely humid from the pool and "hot" tub. As soon as we got to our room, we found that the air conditioning in our room did not work. I called front desk and they said I could switch rooms... before I could even get my bags packed back up the maintenance man came over to fix the a/c, which I found very awkward, he could have waited until we were out of the room. Once I got back down stairs to trade out my room key, the concierge was very rude to me and spoke to me as if I was a 5 year old. I was not amused. She tried to convince me to stay in my room, but like anyone else, I did not want a room with a broken a/c in the middle of Florida, just for it to break down again. Finally after raising my voice, the concierge let me change my room. The second room we received smelled of mold and smoke, even though it was a non smoking room. I gave up and stayed there.

My husband tried to calm me down and asked me to go to the hot tub with him and so I regretfully went. As I sat in the hot tub I waited 2 hours for it to get even the slightest bit warm... every single person that entered the tub while I was in it agreed that it was colder than the heated pool. I gave up and went back to my room and watched t.v.

The next morning my husband and I decided to try the breakfast buffet, again, regretfully. Once the waiter finally saw us (after we had been seated 10 minutes) I asked for a water and waited another 15 minutes to receive my cup of water. The food (aside from the day old cut fruit.. I know it was a day old because my husband is a chef at a very prestige restaurant) was horrible. The sausages were extremely dried out as we're the biscuits, the sausage and gravy was clearly old as well as it was gritty and so on. I would not recommend the breakfast buffet there is a ponderosa right a cross that has a way better selection and much better waiters... it also costs less. To add to this experience I had to wait another 15 minutes just for a refill on my cup of water. My husband waited the same amount of time for his drink refill.

After coming back from our days events, we decided to have a couple of drinks at the bar. It was actually the best part of the hotel. The bartender was very nice and he talked with my husband about sports for hours while still doing his job and making sure all of his customers were taken care of and happy. We really did enjoy him as my husband does not drink alcohol, the bartender made the bar experience very pleasant for everyone.

I honestly wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone. It's out dated and the bathrooms next to the pool are dirty. The only good part about the hotel is the price and the one bartender we has the pleasure of having.

Room Tip: If I could give a good tip, I would.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
We certainly appreciate all feedback posted about our hotel, and we are sorry we fell short in the Restaurant. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome the feedback as opportunity to improve.
Walsall, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

This hotel is in a great location near to shops, restaurants and parks.It is a little tired in places but all the staff we met were friendly and helpful. We had a couple of problems to begin with ,but these were soon sorted out The main areas were clean and tidy and the laundry was easy and quick to use. Housekeeping came in every day for the 2 weeks we were there.We would stay here again.

Room Tip: I would choose the upper floors away from the pool,laundry etc and also a room facing outside.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Hotel M, Guest Relations Manager at Magnuson Grand Hotel Maingate West, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to leave a review. We strive to provide the best possible service and experience and it is always great to hear from our guests on how we are doing. We will make sure and share your wonderful feedback with our staff!
M. Haibon-Sales

Been to Magnuson Grand Hotel Maingate West? Share your experiences!