“You get what you pay for” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Magnuson Grand Hotel Maingate West

Save Saved
You added Magnuson Grand Hotel Maingate West to your Saves list
Magnuson Grand Hotel Maingate West
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   7491 West Highway 192, Kissimmee, FL 34747 (Formerly Ramada Kissimmee Maingate West)   |
Ranked #91 of 158 Hotels in Kissimmee
Miramar, Florida
“You get what you pay for”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

We paid $42/night through Expedia. Did not expect the Plaza, but the property's heydays have been long and gone. The indoor pool is an unusual concept in Florida, but it goes well with family activities, this area has tables, a bar, restaurant, access to vending and game room. The rooms? bare neccessities are covered by a TV and two full beds, the sheets and towels appeared really worn out, the matresses should have been replaced as you can feel the top of the springs through the fabric. On the plus side, it is on US192, many restaurants, shops, Mini golf and other entertainment are within walking distance, the entrance to Disney is two miles East. If you can overlook the humble conditions the place has exceptional value and is very attractive for families with two or more children. The parks are open until midnite, so stay in the park and just go to your room to sleep!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Hotel M, Manager at Magnuson Grand Hotel Maingate West, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Thank you for your review and your recent stay with us. I am so glad you liked our nice outdoor pool and the great location of our property. I'm sorry you were not satisfied with the room accommodations you received and the unusual condition of our hotel. Your feedback is very important to us as this assists us in continually improving the services and facilities we have to offer to our guests. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to serve you again should your travels bring you back to Kissimmee, FL.
Jessica Marchetti

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
Hialeah, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I stayed in this hotel a total of 3 times which is my limit for screw ups!

First time I stayed there was with my friends which we got a room for 2 nights and split the room to save some money as it was expensive. our room was around the center area where the indoor pool/bar is. there was kareoke all night long and wow was that annoying. My best friend and I went don to the front desk and explain that we wanted to be moved the front desk agent said that they didn't have any other rooms available not around that area. the bathroom was moldy, picture frames broken, and extremely dusty in the room. worst thing is that we found out at check-out that there was a $10/night fee.

Second time we stayed it was with my best friend again... (they choose the hotel) we checked-in went to the room to drop off our stuff and we always have the tendency to check the sheets and blankets... well the blankets had burn wholes on them. we immediately went to the front desk to exchange them and the front desk attendant was rude and accusing us of having done it ourselves and mentioned that if we smoked in a non-smoking room there would be an extra fee! none of us smoke in the first place and that was uncalled for. after we got that fixed we went to disney, came back to the room and when we went to go take a shower... broken shower head! a maintenace guy was sent in and again being rude and with an attitude. we are nice people but jeeze it's your job no matter what time of the day we call. they ended up not charging us the $10/night fee. woopdeedoo!

third time we stayed there was with my g/f and I which was just to give it another chance. well, it definitely failed! this time we had checked-in and just gone straight to the parks as we had arrived a little late. when we got back to our rooms it was around 11:30pm and that's when we arrived in the room and it was filthy, moldy bathroom, torn shower courtain, no toilet paper and the a/c didn't work. I called down to the front desk put the phone on speaker since no one answered the phone. I was waiting for someone to answer the phone for about 35 mins until I decided to tell my g/f to stay in the room waiting for someone to respond while I went down to the front desk. I got there and the phone was ringing but no one was there to be seen! I waited at the front desk for about 20 mins until I got impatient and yelled to see if someone would come outside and someone did! it just happened to be a manager too! well, I complained like hell! about the room and everything else. he apologized and asked what would I like him to do. that pushed me over the edge because it was already past midnight at that point. I requested a room change which they were no other rooms available. He then said that the morning manager could do something and not him. so I went to sleep in my hot room. next morning I spoke to the morning manager which told me that he could remove the hotel fee for the night and I said that's not gonna work for me, he asked me what would I like to pay for. I said "nothing" oh sir, we can't do that as you still slept in the room. I explained that I would be happy to document everything that has gone on, pay with my amex, contact amex to not pay them for those reasons and then contact his manager. I was not charged for that miserable night!

NEVER AGAIN STAYING HERE!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Hotel M, Manager at Magnuson Grand Hotel Maingate West, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay at Ramada Maingate West and sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. On behalf, of the hotel management we would like offer our sincere apology for your most recent experience you encountered and would like to thank you for your feedback as it gives the Hotel the strength to improve its products and services.
Jessica Marchetti
Sales Liaison
West Palm Beach, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for a single night recently. The hotel is 5 minutes from WDW and it's very easy to get in and out since there is a stoplight (a plus since the area can get super crowded). The first thing I noticed is that there are a lot of smokers that stay here, and even though we had a non-smoking room, I smelled smoke the entire time. My husband also waited in line for what seemed like an eternity because the front desk had to deal with an issue of "someone gaining access to a room without a room key".
The room is ok, the beds are comfortable and a good size. The A/C sounded like it ran on diesel and the motor could be heard all night. The bathrooms need a huge overhaul. The wallpaper was peeling, the sinks are rusty, and the mirrors had that really bad black color, like the reflective surface was peeling off. The drains were slow and the towels were rough.
I hated that our room was towards the back of the hotel, because there is no access directly to it from the elevator since there is an opening. You have to walk along all the other rooms to get there or take the outside stairwell, which either leads you past the hotel's laundry facility or trash area, pick your poison.
Other than this, the rate is cheap, and you could do worse.

Room Tip: Near the front of the hotel
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for posting your review of your most recent stay with us. We are happy to know that the location of the hotel was ideal for your stay.
We offer our apology that your stay was anything but perfect. Please be advised that we have addressed your concerns accordingly and hope you will consider the Ramada Maingate West during your next visit to Kissimmee.

Been to Magnuson Grand Hotel Maingate West? Share your experiences!