I stayed in this hotel a total of 3 times which is my limit for screw ups!
First time I stayed there was with my friends which we got a room for 2 nights and split the room to save some money as it was expensive. our room was around the center area where the indoor pool/bar is. there was kareoke all night long and wow was that annoying. My best friend and I went don to the front desk and explain that we wanted to be moved the front desk agent said that they didn't have any other rooms available not around that area. the bathroom was moldy, picture frames broken, and extremely dusty in the room. worst thing is that we found out at check-out that there was a $10/night fee.
Second time we stayed it was with my best friend again... (they choose the hotel) we checked-in went to the room to drop off our stuff and we always have the tendency to check the sheets and blankets... well the blankets had burn wholes on them. we immediately went to the front desk to exchange them and the front desk attendant was rude and accusing us of having done it ourselves and mentioned that if we smoked in a non-smoking room there would be an extra fee! none of us smoke in the first place and that was uncalled for. after we got that fixed we went to disney, came back to the room and when we went to go take a shower... broken shower head! a maintenace guy was sent in and again being rude and with an attitude. we are nice people but jeeze it's your job no matter what time of the day we call. they ended up not charging us the $10/night fee. woopdeedoo!
third time we stayed there was with my g/f and I which was just to give it another chance. well, it definitely failed! this time we had checked-in and just gone straight to the parks as we had arrived a little late. when we got back to our rooms it was around 11:30pm and that's when we arrived in the room and it was filthy, moldy bathroom, torn shower courtain, no toilet paper and the a/c didn't work. I called down to the front desk put the phone on speaker since no one answered the phone. I was waiting for someone to answer the phone for about 35 mins until I decided to tell my g/f to stay in the room waiting for someone to respond while I went down to the front desk. I got there and the phone was ringing but no one was there to be seen! I waited at the front desk for about 20 mins until I got impatient and yelled to see if someone would come outside and someone did! it just happened to be a manager too! well, I complained like hell! about the room and everything else. he apologized and asked what would I like him to do. that pushed me over the edge because it was already past midnight at that point. I requested a room change which they were no other rooms available. He then said that the morning manager could do something and not him. so I went to sleep in my hot room. next morning I spoke to the morning manager which told me that he could remove the hotel fee for the night and I said that's not gonna work for me, he asked me what would I like to pay for. I said "nothing" oh sir, we can't do that as you still slept in the room. I explained that I would be happy to document everything that has gone on, pay with my amex, contact amex to not pay them for those reasons and then contact his manager. I was not charged for that miserable night!
NEVER AGAIN STAYING HERE!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located outside sunny Orlando, Florida, our hotel in Kissimmee is close to all that central Florida has to offer, including the major theme parks, shopping, dining and entertainment. Situated just one mile from the main gate of Walt Disney World, Magnuson Grand Hotel Maingate West offers spacious, comfortable accommodations and exemplary service, all at a great value! Enjoy hours of family fun in our 8,000-square-foot, four-story atrium. Kids will love splashing in the heated indoor pool and playing arcade games, billiards and air hockey in the game room. Parents will enjoy soaking in the hot tub. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Low Cost Holidays so you can book your Magnuson Grand Hotel Maingate West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Maingate West Hotel Kissimmee
- Ramada Hotel Kissimmee
- Ramada Hotel Maingate West
- Ramada Maingate West Kissimmee
- Kissimmee Ramada
- Ramada Kissimmee