“An unfortunate stay. Poor Staff response, Unclean rooms. Good price.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Magnuson Grand Hotel Maingate West

You added Magnuson Grand Hotel Maingate West to your Saves list
Magnuson Grand Hotel Maingate West
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   7491 West Highway 192, Kissimmee, FL 34747 (Formerly Ramada Kissimmee Maingate West)   |
Ranked #90 of 158 Hotels in Kissimmee
PORT SAINT LUCIE
“An unfortunate stay. Poor Staff response, Unclean rooms. Good price.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

I stayed at the Ramada west gate over thanksgiving. The first night went well, the subsequent nights were horrible. The rooms had not been changed, towels not delivered. Dirt on the ceiling. Not Happy

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
Bowling Green, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

we stayed on the week of Thanksgiving and we LOVED the stay the early shuddle helped us stay at the parks longer and we also liked that they have the late pick up from the parks. The only thing missing in the room was a microwave but other than that it was are stay great.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Bonita Springs
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

I often stay at this hotel when going to the theme park areas because the location is good and the price is good. It is usually quiet and the rooms are large. The windows to the exterior are very small, and I would like a bigger view. It is clean and staff are helpful. It can be slow at check in time, if a lot of people show up at the same time.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012 via mobile

From other reviews, I did expect this hotel to be older and more run down, which it definitely is. Dingy, dark, and smelly (moldy/smokey) are good descriptions, but we really wanted a place with an indoor pool for our last night in Orlando so we thought we'd give this a try. I bit my tongue when we entered our room and started to notice annoyances like the bathroom door not closing all the way, hair in the sink and on a hand towel, and yep I even got to smash a tiny bug on the bathroom sink. My kids had fun at the pool, but it was cold enough that I think we would have been better off with an outdoor pool that was heated well. My patience reached its end when I went to put my kids to bed (we stayed in a family suite with twin beds for the kids) and noticed that the beds were made as follows - mattress, small mattress pad, 1 flat sheet draped on top of the mattress pad and then covered by a dingy comforter. There were no fitted sheets covering the mattress. The flat sheet didn't cover the mattress all the way, so they would be sleeping on the exposed mattress with just the nasty comforters covering them. Yuck. I called guest services and they didn't act surprised or apologetic, just said they would send up extra sheets. An hour later after my kids were already asleep we were presented with 5 pillow cases and 2 fitted sheets. At this point, I am just counting down the minutes until we check out. The one good thing I can say is that aside from the person at guest services, the other staff seemed to be friendly and helpful. I won't be staying at a Ramada again and recommend staying somewhere else if in the area. You can find comparable prices for much nicer hotels.

• Stayed November 2012
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

Had a short term night time job at Disney - sleeping days/working nights. Rosalinda and the employees really took care of me. Shared places to eat, kept housekeeping at bay during my sleeping times. Everyone at the hotel seemed happy to have me there. I highly recommend for anyone wanting to stay near Disney without the high prices.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Hotel M, Manager at Magnuson Grand Hotel Maingate West, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Thank you so much for the wonderful TripAdvisor review. Our staff takes much pride in their customer service so your kind feedback means a lot to them; thanks again, we look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Kissimmee.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

This hotel is literally the closest you will get to the parks aside from staying on Disney property. We had to make an emergency reservation with this place and were pleasantly surprised how attentive the Manager, Rosalinda, was. The staff is nice, the indoor pool is nice, the room was nice, and it was very budget friendly. For a budget style hotel stay this hotel ranks 10/10 in my book. Staff that is willing to bend over backward for you goes a long way in my book.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your response and kind words about the property and staff. Our number one goal is to always make sure we are meeting and met all guests’ expectation. The staff “above and beyond” philosophy will forever be associated with our name and it is always our pleasure to serve you our guests.

Been to Magnuson Grand Hotel Maingate West? Share your experiences!