“Great” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Magnuson Grand Hotel Maingate West

You added Magnuson Grand Hotel Maingate West to your Saves list
Magnuson Grand Hotel Maingate West
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   7491 West Highway 192, Kissimmee, FL 34747 (Formerly Ramada Kissimmee Maingate West)   |
Ranked #102 of 160 Hotels in Kissimmee
Gainesville, Florida
“Great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

The place was clean, the family room was a tad small, but suffice for us. My daughter got a kick out of having her own room in vacation. I like the fact of the shuttle to and from the parks. The staff was very helpful and curteous, I will certainly stay there again!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Hotel M, Manager at Magnuson Grand Hotel Maingate West, responded to this review, June 8, 2012
Dear dciulla: Thank you for your review! We are happy to see you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to your next visit!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
Fruitland Park, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

My son and I recently stayed at the Ramada Main Gate for a baseball tournament at Disney. We were very pleased with the service. We found a great 3-day deal, online, for $208, included taxes and resort fee. You just can't beat that for all the amenities - two swimming pools, jacuzzi, food court, restaurant, bar, and game room. The gift shop is loaded with anything you need at a reasonable price. It's like a mini Citywalk in one area! Thank goodness, because there was a thunderstorm and we didn't need to go out for anything. Barbara B. was very helpful upon check-in, and David C. was very kind upon check-out, as we were past our check-out time due to our tournament running late. It was no problem. We had the best night's sleep ever at a hotel - the beds, and especially the PILLOWS, were very comfortable. That was very important for my son's performance, and his team won the Championship! I have read the negative reviews about this property, and I have to say that there are some people that you just can't please, no matter how hard you try. Those must be the people who wrote those reviews. On the other hand, this was the second time we stayed at this property and I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone. We are looking forward to our next visit.

Room Tip: Ask for an inside room so you view the courtyard activities.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Dear sa2smith: Thank you for taking time to review our hotel! We are happy to see you enjoyed your stay with us and appreciate your kind comments regarding our desk staff! Thank you and come back again soon!
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

This is my basketball team's favorite hotel. I'm the athletic director and head coach of FLA Live basketball team and every time we have an AAU tournament at Disney we stay here. The group sales coordinator Jessica Shimer Is masterful in handling our group accommodations and the staff was very friendly. I particularly want to acknowledge manager Stephanie Seay who always makes sure we have everything we need. My players love the indoor/outdoor pools, and always steal the show during karaoke night. We can see the hotel is making some excellent improvements and renovations. The team, parents, and I are looking forward to coming back next year

Austin Harris
Head Coach: F.L.A Live Basketball organization

Room Tip: Any room is good, the Suites are great!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Dear Austin H: Thank you for your review! Stephanie and Jessica would like to thank you for your kind comments regarding their service. We certainly hope you come back to visit us again soon!
West Palm Beach, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

We stayed at the Ramada Maingate West on 5/25/2012 for one night and it was the most deplorable hotel I have ever stayed in. Within five minutes of entering the room, we had to kill SIX roaches. They were crawling on the headboard, ceiling, dresser and bathroom.
We immediately went to the front desk to get another room and the guests ahead of us were complaining that their room was infested with ants. This hotel should be condemmed. The conditions are beyond unhealthy!! There are plenty more hotels in the Orlando/Kissimmee area reasonably priced--STAY AWAY from this one!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Dear Michelle A: We apologize for any inconvenience and would like you to know we take your comments seriously. We would like to assure other guests that we have routine pest control by a well-known pest control service. We would like to invite you to stay with us again in the future. Thank you for your review.
Miami, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

As soon as I walked into the hotel the smell of chlorine was so strong I felt like fainting. The hotel has 4 floors and the hall ways are extreming long. There are only two elevators in the entire hotel which are located in the front lobby meaning that you have to walk for like 10 minutes just to get to your room. The hotel is nasty super dirty. I found chicken bones, popcorn on the hall way floors. My husband found bugs on the bed. The sheets were nasty and full of stains. When I first c hecked in they gave me a room without a window which was horrible and smeilled like chlorine in the room. I asked to be moved into a room with a window and they gave me a smoking room (I had a non-smoking originaly). I had to go back to the lobby (mind you I have a 7 month old baby) and ask for a non smoking room. It was a constant back and forth. I hate Ramada now and will never ever stay in a Ramada because of this hotel. HORRIBLE service, nasty, dirty hotel. This place is not safe for ANYONE. I am personally writing a letter to corporate asking them to close this place down and am even going to email the health department. So So so many things that are wrong with this hotel. PLEASE do not ruin your trip by staying here. After leaving the theme parks I DREADED the fact we had to go back to this hotel. Would have checked out but they would not refund us the money and we had saved up and budgeted for this trip. So sad... I hate you Ramada Maingate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Dear CubanCrew: We would like to express our sincere apologies for any inconvenience you may have encountered during your stay with us. If there was anything regarding your stay that was not addressed while you were with us, please feel free to contact the hotel and ask for the Asst. Front Office Manager so he may make this right. Thank you.
ga
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

I know people say ones personal experience could be different..wrong! This place would make anyones vacation unpleasant. The rooms smell like mold, customer service is rude, and they dont ever pick up there phones from room service. One thing i definitely didnt like from these guys is they didnt explain or state that there would be a room charge of $10 per night when i reserved with them. They are way to expensive for the type of service they gave! for 200 dollars for 2 bedrooms and terrible svc, i might as well have stayed at disney resorts for that ridiculous price! I would never recommend this place to anyone. This was my first time ro a ramada hotel and will DEFINTELY be my LAST!!

Room Tip: Just plain and simple go to any other hotel where you will be pleased and treated better!!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Hotel M, Manager at Magnuson Grand Hotel Maingate West, responded to this review, May 29, 2012
Dear Melina S: I would like to speak with you regarding your stay. There are comments in your review I would like to address such as room condition, resort fees, and customer service. Please contact the hotel and ask for the Front Office Manager so I can make this right. Our sincere apologies for any inconvenience encountered. Thank you.
Little Rock, Arkansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2012

Just got back from a stay at the Ramada Maingate West. Every other time I have come to Disney, I've stayed at a Disney resort, so this was a new experience for me. I have to say that if my group hadn't already made reservations at this hotel, I would have kept driving right past it. It is close to restaurants, the Disney parks, and gift shops, but other than the location, there is nothing spectacular about this hotel. I think at one time this was probably a very nice place, but it is in desperate need of an update. Our room was clean enough and pretty spacious, but the decor throughout the hotel was tired and outdated. The entire place is just a little dingy. I think with some major overhauls, this could be a nice place to stay, but it's not quite there yet.

Several other reviewers have commented about bugs; we did have some ants in our room that showed up only if we left food or drink cans out. I heard another member of our group say she saw roaches in her room, and I overheard a woman at the front desk in line in front of me complain about ants in her bathroom.

As far as the staff, I really did not have much interaction with them. I didn't try the pool, either, but we did eat the breakfast buffet, and again, it was nothing spectacular.

So overall, we did not have a terrible experience, but it wasn't the best place I've ever stayed, either. I think that the experience you have at this place probably depends on where in the hotel you stay. For me, if I come to the Orlando area again, I won't be staying here--I prefer the convenience and atmosphere of a Disney property.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Hotel M, Manager at Magnuson Grand Hotel Maingate West, responded to this review, May 28, 2012
Dear GrammarMaiden13: Thank you for taking time to write a review. We appreciate your comments and take them seriously. We are continuously making improvements to our facility. Thank you and we do hope you come back to see us soon.

Been to Magnuson Grand Hotel Maingate West? Share your experiences!