I'm going to try and be as objective as I can, though my thoughts are colored by the sleazy cruise outfit that brought me here in the first place with their phone solicitation that "you won a free trip". I'll get to them later - first - the hotel.
We stopped at the front desk and were treated with the warmth and charm of an armadillo. Despite a confirmed reservation, the package process was to send us back to the 'welcome center'. To get to this room we had to walk through the hotel and were very unimpressed. The hotel was dirty and dated. The pool area reeked of chlorine. Open doors on rooms we went past were not places where we would want to stay. After a twenty minute wait at the 'lack of welcome' center, we were told the hotel was oversold and we were being bumped to another property - Champions World Resort. Given the state of the place, we thought this would be a bonus - it wasn't.
From the poor condition of what we saw and the business practices of the outfit that brought us there - you can find much better in the same price range. Look for other reviews from the rest of our stay in the Kissimmee area.
We had only ended up there from a "congratulations, you have won a free cruise" telemarketer. If you get the call, hang up and disinfect the phone as a precaution. The cruise is on the Bahamas Celebration. What they don't tell you is it isn't free (oh, surprise! - in fact it is expensive for what you get), it is all second rate (like this hotel) and they have stupid rules (like the package includes a one week car rental - but you can't choose your rental week - you have to bracket the cruise dates - so you pay rent for 4 of the days while the car is sitting parked in port - at $15 parking charges per day). They also don't tell you that you must sit through a morning of time share presentation. Then, when our reservations were incorrect, we had to pay a $20 fee to get them to correct their mistake - or sit through a different time share presentation at another resort. Avoid these people like the plague! If you have given them any credit card deposits (and now you are checking what you got into) IMMEDIATELY call the credit card company and cancel the charges. We tried to cancel with the company selling - but they refused to answer the phone until after the time limit to cancel had passed
(As an aside, the cruise boat itself is a smaller, dated, low service vessel that goes back and forth between West Palm Beach and Freeport. It has a casino and sort of a night spot. The food varied, with a selection of restaurants. Lunches were the low point and a very nice dinner was the high point. Watch for cheesy little add-on charges - like having your ice cream in a cone instead of a cup. It is not the Love Boat - and if you are booking, book it yourself, NOT in a package with any Ramada).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located outside sunny Orlando, Florida, our hotel in Kissimmee is close to all that central Florida has to offer, including the major theme parks, shopping, dining and entertainment. Situated just one mile from the main gate of Walt Disney World, Ramada Maingate West offers spacious, comfortable resort accommodations, exceptional amenities and exemplary service, all at a great value! Enjoy hours of family fun in our 8,000-square-foot, four-story atrium. Kids will love splashing in the heated indoor pool and playing arcade games, pool and air hockey in the game room. Parents will enjoy soaking in the hot tub or sipping a frosty beverage in the adjacent Brass Monkey Lounge. After working up an appetite playing, the family can enjoy a delicious meal at Tradewinds Family Buffet Restaurant, which is also in our atrium. The atrium is also great for family reunions and group gatherings around the pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Tingo, Wyndham, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, HostelBookers, Priceline, Hotels.com, HostelWorld, Expedia, getaroom.com, Otel and Agoda so you can book your Ramada Kissimmee Maingate West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Maingate West Hotel Kissimmee
- Ramada Hotel Kissimmee
- Ramada Hotel Maingate West
- Ramada Maingate West Kissimmee
- Kissimmee Ramada
- Ramada Kissimmee