“Vacation was great!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Flamingo Waterpark Resort

You added Flamingo Waterpark Resort to your Saves list
Flamingo Waterpark Resort
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2261 E Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy, Kissimmee, FL 34744 (Formerly Clarion Resort & Waterpark)   |
Ranked #54 of 158 Hotels in Kissimmee
Boston, Virginia
“Vacation was great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

Flamingo Waterpark Hotel was amazing! The rooms were perfect. Spacious and

so comfortable. I loved all the pillows they gave us! The best 4 nights of sleep

my vacation!. It was very clean and all the staff we encountered were helpful

and friendly. We loved the water park, the pools and the new playground area. I

wish we would of skipped the parks and just stayed at the hotel and relax.. The

location is very convenient, next to the Turnpike exit 244 !! . We will definitely be

back next year, can't wait!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Diego N, Guest Relations Manager at Flamingo Waterpark Resort, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Hello Adam,

Thanks for the review. It is always good to hear guest sharing their great experiences with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
york
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

For what we paid for this hotel it was ok, the room was clean but basic.

The waterpark had a good range of facilities and wasnt too bad.

The public areas were dirty but its a budget hotel.

We did get charged hidden resort fees but these were refunded by our travel agent once back in the UK

We probably wouldnt stay here again unless it was a really good price!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Hello Rebecca,

We strive to give the best possible rate for all the amenities we offer. We are constantly renovating and adding new things to the resort in an effort to increase the value to our guests while at the same time keeping our prices reasonable. As to our resort fee, we do not hide any fees. Our resort fee is clearly stated on our Roms section of our website and in our website reservation area when booking a room. Also all the 3rd party companies that we work with are aware of our resort fee and have it posted on their sites.
Thank you for your review and we hope that you will consider us in the future.
Milford, Connecticut
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

1. $6/day Resort fees on top of room charges does not include water park. It's $7/person extra. Also breakfast is another $7/person. So a family of 4 ends up paying $62/day +taxes extra to stay here.
2. First floor rooms facing the water park have no privacy, its noisy since early morning and people keep passing by so you cannot open your curtain. You end up staying in that small dark room.
3. The room had a strong smell of chlorine. We requested for a room change the moment we stepped in our room, Alice on front desk was polite and told us she will certainly find us another room. She never did :(
4. There was something wrong with the ceiling fan, we could never switch it off.

I am never coming back and I will NEVER recommend it to a friend.

Room Tip: Never take the first floor room facing waterpark.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear divine_sunset,

We apologize you where not happy with your stay at our resort. We purposefully do not include all our extras in our rate so people will not have to pay for anything additional that they do not use. Not everyone that stays with us will use the water park everyday they are here and may choose to go to Disney or Universal for the day. Some guest also enjoy the option of choosing to go out for breakfast such as the character breakfast offered at Disney. We price our water park and breakfast at affordable prices for those guest that choose to spend the day with us. $62/day for the entire family is not much when you consider a full day at one of the theme parks in the area can cost you over $100 just for one persons admission. Our ground floor rooms are especially suited for family's that want to be close to the water park and have children that want to go back in forth from the room to the water park area.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

This is not a resort,it's a motel. They lie to you with fake pretty pictures so don't be fooled! If you don't believe me, then go see for yourself.I wish we would have read some of the negative reviews before booking this nasty place.We found hair and a bug on the bed,bathroom and shower smelled like wet dog ,urine and mold.Rusty old room. The ceiling had an old leak stain.The ac did not work at all,so we were sweating all night. The staff does not change bed sheets to fresh ones,they make the bed with the same sheets. No clean towels were provided daily,we had to go out and get them. The room and carpet is old and outdated. The water park is not all that great and they charge you a separate fee,its not included with your room. Bathroom is tiny, you can barely close the door. This place is right by a prison and there isn't much to do around there. The food there is not that good and expensive,had to pass around the syrup from table to table,and waited for someone to finish eating, there was not enough tables and chairs. Save yourself time and money.

Hello aud111,

I would like to apologize for your experience here and want to assure you that this is not typical of the service we offer here. I have forwarded your concerns to our housekeeping department head and will be looking into these issues. If you would like please email our general manager at generalmanager@flamingowaterpark.com and he can speak to you regarding your concerns.
Thank you for your review as it helps us improve the quality of our service and increase our value to our guest.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

So I will start of by saying this place is a little dated, but it was clean. The beds and sheets were very clean. The beds comfortable. Overall its your basic hotel room. The kids loved the water park. It was an extra $7 per adult, but that's cheap entertainment for an entire day! We have 3 kids between 2-9. The size of the park was perfect for them! All of the employees were very friendly and very willing to help and go the extra mile!
We will most definitely be back!

Hello jbrink627,

Thanks for the review. Like you said in your review, this hotel is perfect for families with kids. We are updating our hotel constantly and getting rid of all our dated items. The next time you come and visit you should see many improvements. We are excited that you had a great time and can't wait to have you back!
Crisfield, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

This place is no more than a sketchy motel with a half-assed waterpark dropped into the courtyard.How can you call yourselves a "waterpark resort" when your lazy river has SIXTEEN tubes for hundreds of guests???? When I demanded they refund my waterpark wristband,I got the runaround until I turned on my meanie-switch.Oh and anyone off the street can walk in and pay a fee to use the waterpark!
First of all,I now need a new laptop because when I placed mine on the rolling desk,the wheel on oneleg broke and sent my laptop crashing to the floor,busting the screen! Thanks guys!
The place was awful and seeing things like 5 adults & 8 kids cramming into one room,I thought they rented by the week!We shrugged it off because we were leaving daily to the parks anyway.After reading reviews here about peoples things "disappearing" from the room,we requested no maid service daily AND yet everyday when we returned,someone had come in!
On our first night there,I walked around the complex for a cigarette and the center courtyard was occupied by a group of drunk hoodrats whooping & hollering,and when they saw me they got defensive for some reason and started shouting about "these hoes don't know me".Yeah.I could have stayed home and visited our local Section 8 housing project if I wanted that crap!Absolutely no security,we carried mace and brass knucks all week at night when we had to hike to an ice machine because ours was always broke down.
While we are discussing security,there is absolutely no supervision at the pool either.Children as young as 8 were alone in the pool,teenagers were throwng footballs across the pool,hitting people with it and people were jumping in off the side. Adults were smoking poolside,even with the little kids close by and no one said a thing! I smoke,but I have enough couth not to light up around children!!!! People were also visibly intoxicated in the presence of children,and thats just not my idea of a "family resort". On multiple nights, we were disturbed by loud drunk groups who could not find their own room banging on random doors & at one point we saw an inebriated young lady practically being dragged to her room by her friends because she was too drunk to walk upright.Just what I like to expose my ten year old to!
The room itself was pathetic.A wheel fell off the desk,busted my laptop screen when it slid off into the floor,which is a $100+ repair.Thanks Flamingo! I need to buy a new one now!The shower was good and hot but the water smelled like marsh-water and the toilet overflowed once as well.The whole room smelled like smoke,mildew and pee.The Hi-Def modern TV we were promised when we booked was an ancient tube TV that flickered the entire time we were there.And the Wifi? It took me 3 hours to upload a dozen photos,connection dropped constantly,and when I requested a patch cord from the front desk,the clerk looked at me like I fell out of a dogs butt.Her job involves using the computer and she does not know what a patch cord is????She referred me to their "business center" which consisted of two outdated desktops that did not even have SD card slots!
There were a few bright spots...after getting fed up with the poor Wifi I relocated til I hit a hot spot,which just happened to be in the bar/restaurant.I set up there and the lady barmaid was wonderful,even offering to comp me a cola drink for the aggravation of the Wifi.The maintenance man who came to unclog the commode and the housekeeping manager lady who came to clean up after the commode clog were also very accomodating and helpful.
All in all,the bail bondsmen,pawnshops and boarded up hotels in the area should have clued me in,but we arrived at night.I later learned by reading online that they apparently offer uber-cheap rates to locals for weekend stays,hence the riff-raff we were surrounded by.I am guessing by the caliber of people we encountered on our stay,they pass out flyers at all the central Florida housing projects.Unless you like chaos and filth,STAY AWAY from this dump! If they do not make serious changes,they will end up being a vacant boarded-up hotel like the one across the street,if the Osceola County Sheriff doesn't raid the place first! For what it will cost to replace my laptop,we should have sprung for a Marriott or Crown.It's only saving grace was its proximity to the turnpike and local attractions.

Room Tip: Any room NOT at this roach motel
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Hello michele j,

I apologize for the issues with your stay. If you have not done so already please contact our General manager at generalmanager@flamingowaterpark.com to discus your issues with your stay with us.
Clewiston, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014 via mobile

Cecilia (manager-possibly owner) is RUDE, and unprofessional. The use of the park is NOT included in your room fee. It's an additional $7 per DAY, per PERSON= average family of four two night/three days stay adds an additional $84 for your stay including use of the Waterpark!!!! Complete rip off. But the beds were super comfy. The restroom smelled like urine. The shower didn't get very hot. I would NEVER revisit this property!!! If I prepay for my room, I'm not really prepared to fork out almost $100.

• Stayed March 2014

Been to Flamingo Waterpark Resort? Share your experiences!