“Kids didn't want to leave!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Flamingo Waterpark Resort

You added Flamingo Waterpark Resort to your Saves list
Flamingo Waterpark Resort
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2261 E Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy, Kissimmee, FL 34744 (Formerly Clarion Resort & Waterpark)   |
Ranked #54 of 158 Hotels in Kissimmee
“Kids didn't want to leave!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

I got this deal on living social and wasn't sure what to expect after the mixed reviews. My was pleasantly surprised by how nice the resort was. Our room was up to date & I noticed they were in the process of updating other rooms. This water park was great fun for the entire family. My kids didn't want to go home. We will def be back again!!!

• Stayed June 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

We had a very good stay while in N Florida. The Flamingo was right off I-95 , very easy to locate.

Clean rooms
friendly staff
big breakfast
great pool area and water slide.

I do recommend, especially if you have kids.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

Pulling into the entrance of the hotel is not so desirable, but for young kids it is a great day! The young man (Greg) in the towel hut was very helpful getting us a cabana and towels and checking us in! The frozen beverages are great for the adults :) We will be going back very soon.

Room Tip: Don't know about rooms we only went for the water park
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Titusville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

They had the best service and the best waterpark. The waterpark was great for the kids and they loved the employee Austin. He was very friendly and answered any questions they had about the rules. The rooms were ok but we spent most the time outside. The kids also loved the activities!

Room Tip: The rooms facing the waterpark are very useful.
Orlando, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

I found a $60 Groupon good for an overnight stay and waterpark access for 4. I went online and saw that this "resort" is normally $120 plus $7 per person for waterpark access. We're local, and I had seen a waterpark resort off I-Drive when passing by on I4. The online pictures looked decent - obviously not a luxury property, but I thought it would be a fun treat for my kids.

It was my fault for not Googling the address, but when we started driving from our home on the upper East side of Orlando, I thought my phone was malfunctioning when it said we had a 45 minute drive down to south Kissimmee. We left after I got out of work, and when we neared the destination, I started getting apprehensive when I saw all of the Bail Bond businesses. We checked in (I kept the kids locked in the car in the brightly lit entrance) and got our room. It is a motel clearly left over from the 60s or 70s. The towel bars and sink in the bathroom were broken and leaning, the shower flooded the bathroom from the one shower I took, the beds were uncomfortable and hard, and the bedding was scratchy and thin. The small TV didn't have many channels.

I did like that the unit had a small section with a fridge, microwave and coffeemaker. Also, it appeared to be clean - the tile floor was spotless.

The next morning, we got up to go to the restaurant for breakfast. The buffet items were pretty gross: fake scrambled eggs, crunchy bacon pieces. They had a self-serve waffle iron was pretty cool until we found out that it squealed an alarm with each use. The juice machine was completely out of juice. When our bill came to $30 for three of us, I was even more disappointed. We should have left and found a Denny's or something.

The waterpark is made up of three slides, one small lazy river (you can walk around it in less than a minute), and a separate pool. My kids were bored after an hour. It also got REALLY crowded quickly. Since the property is so small, kids were clogging up the lazy river and the line for each slide was pretty long. I purchased the "water soaker toys" for $10 apiece after a couple of hours so they would have something else to amuse themselves with. I also gave them cash to play in the onsite arcade for an hour. Some of the machines ate their coins, and others were out of tickets to redeem for prizes. The arcade room wasn't staffed by anyone.

I had just had surgery, so I wasn't supposed to be in the water. I asked the Front Desk when we checked in if I could book one of the shaded cabanas for the next day, and they told me to check with the waterpark staff the next day and it wouldn't be a problem. This is after I stood at the desk for a good solid minute (as the only person checking in) before the three agents stopped chatting long enough to check me in.

Of course, when I checked with the staff as soon as the waterpark opened at 10 a.m., the cabanas were already committed. They asked me why I hadn't made a reservation the day before. Instead, I moved around from the pool chairs to the bar to avoid the sun. Since there were so many people and not enough seats in the shade, I ended up with a pretty wicked sunburn even after many applications of sunscreen. I couldn't go back to our room because of the 11 a.m. check-out time, and I didn't want to leave my kids alone at the waterpark.

If I had paid full price for this experience, I would really be upset. All-in-all, we got to have a small "vacation" and the kids got to play in the water for four hours. It's not worth a penny more than $60 for the entire experience, and we will not be returning.

Room Tip: Our room was on the parking lot side. I was pleased with that so I could see my car out the window.
tarpon springs
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

A company called Hotel Corp made our arrangements to stay at the Clarion Water Park. They failed to mention that it was no longer a Clarion-owned property. The on-line pictures and reviews were awesome . We were so excited to make it our home base in between visiting Universal. My heart started sinking while driving down the side road to the hotel. All the local surrounding buildings were deserted or rundown. There was litter all over. The outside entrance was dirty and rundown. The inside lobby was nothing like the pix online. Tiny, dirty, rundown. The 1st room we were given was a standard. We didn't even make it through the front door. The awful smell of disinfectant reminded me of the inside of a pot-a-potty. Huge stains all over the carpet, broken furniture. I felt sick. Decided to upgrade to a suite hoping that room was an anomaly. Had to pay an additional $160 and $13 "resort fee". The suite was in much better shape. A set of bunkbeds, kitchenette and 2 queens. On further inspection kitchen was empty. No plates, glasses, silverware. The sink in the bathroom was falling off the wall and all the rusting plumbing was fully exposed, no cabinet. While I started to unpack, the girls ran down to enjoy the pool. Promptly returned for $16 additional $$ to use the slide!! Returned after only 10 minutes, one with blood dripping down her back! The plasic steps leading up slides were broken. On first trip down slide ripped skin off length of her spine due to rusted metal!! Realized girls had just walked into room without a key. On inspection found there was no apparatus in door frame for alock to engage in!! No lock on the door!! We packed up and moved and received only a $50 credit from Hotel Corp. I haggled with them, sat on hold forever and was transferred at least 6 times. They felt I should have stayed and just gotten another room!! I am appalled that I was not given a refund.

Room Tip: Stay in well known facilities with a good reputation. We moved to a Residence Inn and were ecstatic...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
villamontanamgmt, General Manager at Flamingo Waterpark Resort, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Dear Guest,

Accept my sincere apologies for your recent stay not being up to your standards, I wish that you have contacted me in regards to your child's injury, to me is very important to know and understand how did it happened, first of all because of the well being of your child and secondly, that we have recently performed preventive & corrective work by an outside contractor as required by state laws on all the slides and rides.

I do understand and appreciate your comments but want to emphasized that we have started a refurbishing program that definitely will change the points addressed by you.

Regards,

The Management
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

Great service when we checked in, even though it was memorial weekend and the hotel was booked. The rooms were really nice and you can tell the housekeepers were up to expectation. Water park was good for my kids and had gotten friendly service from Ashley,at the concession stand,and also,Coby on the slide tower. If I had a choice to come back I would no doubt!!!!

• Stayed May 2013

Been to Flamingo Waterpark Resort? Share your experiences!