“Very disappointing” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Wonderland Inn

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kissimmee
Wonderland Inn
You added Wonderland Inn to your Saves list
3601 South Orange Blossom Trail, Kissimmee, FL 34746   |
Ranked #6 of 11 Kissimmee B&B and Inns
Orlando, FL
“Very disappointing”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2005

This is definitely not a B&B. The Wonderland Inn is a redecorated motel on a very busy road. We stayed in the Cherry Blossom Cottage, hoping to enjoy some relaxing time in the whirlpool tub. The tub was no more than a bathtub with jets - it wasn't even big enough for two people. Breakfast was plastic wrapped fare you can probably find at any convenience store, and the innkeeper's assistant practically stood over us and watched us eat. We checked out just as soon as possible, thankful we only had one night there. You can do much better for the money at a local hotel, or even on Disney property.

• Stayed February 2005

Families
Couples
Solo
Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2005

I recently spent two nights at the Wonderland Inn while traveling to Orlando on business.

When I arrived at the Inn, no one was there to check me in and the door was locked. I waited half an hour (plus a trip to a pay phone to call the inn -- no one answered) before the innkeeper showed up. She told me, "When I'm not here, you have to wait," and went on to tell me about some personal legal problems her family was having.

Breakfast is served at 8:30am, and she was unwilling to accommodate my need for an earlier time. I took some fruit and a package of instant oatmeal to my room with me for the next morning. (She doesn't stock or serve skim milk, saying it is "nutritiously worthless." She only had whole milk and suggested I add water to it if I didn't like it.)

She only answers the phone when she is in the office, which is not very often. The phones in the rooms are for local calls only, so if someone needs to reach you (and you don't have a cell phone), they will have to leave a message on the Inn's machine and wait for her to hear it and pass it along.

The second morning I was there, I experienced what their website calls a "full gourmet breakfast with fresh-squeezed orange juice." Prepackaged cinnamon rolls, frozen pancakes, plain bagels, all prewrapped in plastic waiting for me to microwave them. The orange juice said, "Concentrate from Brazil" on it.

It should be noted that the Inn sits next to a four lane divided highway, and the traffic noise is considerable.

This is not a Bed and Breakfast. It is a small roadside motel with a (questionable) continental breakfast.

• Stayed March 2005, traveled on business
Chicago, IL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2005

Wonderland Inn is a redecorated roadside motel on US 17 south of Kissimmee. The decor is lovely, but this is not the "typical" guest-rooms-in-a-private-home type of B&B. The tap water in our room had a strong odor of sulpher.

The hostess was very pleasant and gracious. She let us use her computer to download and print some travel-related information from the web. We arrived late in the evening, so we did not have an opportunity to sample any afternoon offerings. Breakfast was unusual for a B&B. It consisted entirely of a selection of prepackaged single servings of juice, cereal, pastries, yogurt, etc. Nothing was home cooked or prepared to order.

• Stayed February 2005
Mount Dora, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2002

My husband and I visited Wonderland Inn Bed & Breakfast for our honeymoon. We had a very relaxing and enjoyable stay. The cpmplimentary wine and cheese was a delightful surprise. The innkeepers were very hospitable and helped us to find our way around the Orlando/Kissimmee area. Breakfast though not hot was plentiful and filling. The Inn itself in marvelous, the wall murals are gorgeous. We will deffinaitly return on our next trip to the Orlando area.

Been to Wonderland Inn? Share your experiences!