“Blast” 4 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Resort   |   9000 Treasure Trove Lane, Kissimmee, FL 34747   |
Ranked #9 of 158 Hotels in Kissimmee
“Blast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014

Everything was enjoyable from the warm pool which we didn't realize was heated. To the nice bedrooms with nice size bath tubs. The gym was also an ok size and the basketball rim was also an added plus .Me and my beautiful fiancé can't wait to return back to your beautiful resort next month

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
Cos Cob, Connecticut
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

Don't trust the reviews of this place: The rooms are nice enough but the pool is teeny tiny and big enough for only about a quarter of the guests (thankfully the resort is empty--and now we know why!) and we were hit with a hefty cleaning fee that wasn't disclosed when we reserved. Also, if you decide to book here, don't prepay, or you can't leave once you get over your disappointment. And, save some money for a chiropractor, which you will need after sleeping on the awful, cheap, dented mattresses in the rooms. I certainly hope Wyndham wasn't hoping to sell me a time share, because they won't sell me another room, probably ever. What a huge disappointment--and way to send our vacation.

Room Tip: Want a good room? Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Keith O, General Manager at Caribe Cove Resort Orlando, responded to this review, August 15, 2014
I am truly sorry the guest did not have good night sleep and I have reached out to the guest to find out what unit number to address the mattresses with that owner. With all of our partners our fees are pointed out on the website and should be on their confirmations also. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but I do beleive the pool is sizeable for the Resort. Even in Peak times people enjoy the pool and lounges. In May, the Association refinished the pool and purchased all new patio furnture for the pool area.
Cambridge
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

Large ultra clean 3 bed condo, in a block of 12 or so condos over 4 floors. With around 8 blocks in total.
Small but usable pool, steam room and sauna, with a guest reception open 24 hours (snacks, etc).
Around 20 mins drive to Disney, and 45 mins to Universal.
Nearest supermarket is 10 mins, but nothing within walking distance.
We used it as a base for doing the usual parks, and went on a local airboat excursion, and then a 3 hour trip to Miami. Lots to do and loads of fast food and more up market eateries along the 192 road.
I would happily recommend the Caribe cove as a clean quite base for your Florida trip, I struggle to find a down side, ............. I really do!!!!

Room Tip: Some rooms overlook the car park, but it's not a bad thing, rooms are double glazed, and all hav...
Bogota, Colombia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

Overall this is a great place to stay.
The best is that it's a roomy condo, with a big kitchen, and lot of space. Clean and quiet place also. The mattress is my only complaint, they are "back killers". We ask to change the main room mattres and they did it very quick, but for a similar one.
Not so far from Disney attractions and friendly staff

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

We stayed here for three nights in August. Room was clean. Had some minor problems, light switch did not work, remote needs batteries and shower drain was clogged. Mgmt. fixed all problems within an hour of us notifying them.

It was nice they provided a safe in the condo.

The pool was large and water was very warm. However, pool got crowed with some very rowdy kids/teenagers towards evening and made us feel very uncomfortable. Mgmt. did nothing to control situation or settle down the kids.

Also the person selling Disney tickets in the lobby rips people off. Charges about $120 a ticket, when you can get them at park for $94. Beware of this guy!

I got the impression they had people actually living here and those people were somehow on subsidized living. Made me feel uneasy with my family there. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Keith O, General Manager at Caribe Cove Resort Orlando, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
We hope that all our guests get to enjoy the facitilities at Caribe Cove. The Expedia Concierge selling Park tickets is quoting what is in their computer system and if it was more than what this guest could find elsewhere I am surprised and we will check into that. We do have a few owners who live on property but are not on any sort of subsidized living. They are very nice and quiet overall.

I will reach out to this guest to see if I can understand their concerns more
Orange County, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

Let me start out by stating I knew EXACTLY what I was getting into before we even arrived. We don't vacation often so I spent hours researching places to stay. I knew we'd be staying at a moderate place with dated furnishings but plenty of room for my family of four. I knew about the dated TV's, the uncomfortable beds, the frog noise, the pond vs parking lot view, etc. We were ok with all of that. The price was great and since we weren't doing Disney, didn't mind location. I called a few days before we left asking for a pond view with updated beds not on the first floor. I was told there was no guarantee. Ok. We arrived and first thing I asked was if we had a pond view. Nope. Parking lot view. Updated mattresses?? Nope. Something higher than 1st floor?? Nope. Excellent. I was bummed, but what can you do? We get to our room (Building 4, room 101) and it's roomy. The husband and kids were impressed. The two bedrooms were nice, two bathrooms were great. Full kitchen that was bigger than I expected. The furnishings were dated but nobody (including me) seemed to care. I went to the screened porch...and you could see the pond!! No parking lot. The dude at the front desk was wrong! Yay! Wait...I can't turn on the lights in either bedroom. My husband can't lock our front door. I go to inspect the door latch and it looks like somebody at one point, tried to break into the room. The latch was dangling and the door was significantly damaged. Yeah, I no longer feel safe. We don't want to tell the kids...my oldest is autistic and a worry wart...he'd make us leave the state!! We call the front desk and tell them there's a problem with the lock and a few lamps don't work. They'll send somebody. Maintenance comes fairly quickly but he was not nice a nice guy. He made us feel like we were totally inconveniencing him. He had to add a pull cord to the light on the fan in the master room to get our light to work (and he stepped on our bed to do it...ewwww) and he had to replace the lamp in the boys' bedroom although he didn't want to...told me I just had to jiggle the switch a few times and it'll turn on. Told him that wasn't acceptable. He was about to argue with me about it but while we were standing there, the light turned off by itself and he was busted. That did not make him happier. As for the lock, I wanted to change rooms but the husband insisted that if they can replace the lock, we should stay and not make a big deal out of it. He thought they'd give us a worse room, because by this time, we knew customer service wasn't their strength. It look a couple of trips and a little time, but the latch was replaced and we could securely lock our front door. I still never felt completely safe though because of the ground floor room so close to the parking lot...and clear evidence that somebody tried to get in that room without a key. I have pictures of the door...if I can figure out how to upload them, I will. Ok, so after the first night, it was fine. The frog noise was soooo loud, but I love frogs and didn't mind at all. As a matter of fact, we had a frog that lived on our door jam...there are frogs everywhere. If you keep the slider and windows shut, you won't hear them. We also saw millions of lizards and a snake in the parking lot. He was tiny though. The TV in the living room would randomly stop working, but based on our first experience with the maintenance, we didn't call about it. The screened porch was a godsend. I would imagine you'd have every bug and critter in your room without it. We didn't mind the location at all. There's a Super Target a couple of miles away that we ended up at almost every day picking up random things. We were there a week and had enough toilet paper and paper towels for our entire stay. We did pick up dish soap and a better sponge...what they provide is not great quality. Also picked up some laundry detergent and washed all of our clothes before coming home...the in-unit washer and dryer was an awesome feature. We did the pool one day and that was nice. Piped in music made it feel like we were really on vacation. I do t think I'd stay here again. Although my husband disagrees with me. I would have liked a restaurant on site and a little better quality of furnishings...but I must agree...for the price, it's not bad. You do get what you pay for though. Oh, and the dude that works the ticket desk inside the lobby is a total jerk!! He DOES NOT work for the hotel though. I went to him to ask about tickets to Gatorland and one of the water parks because I honestly thought he was a concierge. Nope. He's a price gouger who makes money off of you. He laughed at me when I was surprised his prices were higher than at the actual gate. "Well, of course they are" he said. "I charge a convenience fee. I don't do this for nothing...I need to make a living". Ok. We visited a local AAA office and got discounted tickets there. So, not a 5-star place, but they don't claim to be. For the price, not too shabby...just hope you don't get Building 4, room 101.

Room Tip: If you get a pond view, the frog noise will be loud, but I loved it. Try to stay away from the grou...
East Windsor, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

This was our third stay at Caribe Cove and although there were a few minor issues it was an amazing vacation! We rented a three bedroom unit which is terrific for my family of four and my sister who accompanies us each year. Plenty of space to relax with out being in each others way. For the second year in a row we were in building 2 and for the second year in a row we had an ice maker that just wouldn't work.(first year we were in bldg,3) Called the front desk and they sent someone over but it was never fixed, The dishwasher top rack came off and they fixed that within minutes. The really confusing thing was in the third bedroom there is a TV but no way of hooking it up. I was told that each unit is individually owned and that at the owners request there is a TV in the room. Confused... By far my biggest complaint (the one I have voiced to everyone) is the frying pan issue. In a condo that can sleep 8 there should be more than one decent frying pan. If they added one more it would be perfect! The pool and hot tub were wonderful and the staff was amazing as usual. We actually had an early flight into Florida and at my sister's urging I called to see if early check in was an option. I was told to call when we landed and they would do their best to get the room ready. By the time we picked up our rental car and grabbed a bite to eat we arrived about 2 pm and our room was ready, check in a breeze and an amazing vacation was to follow!!! We look forward to coming back yet again next year. I think I may request to be back in bldg 3 though.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Been to Caribe Cove Resort Orlando? Share your experiences!