“Excellent, Clean Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
toronto
“Excellent, Clean Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2008

Just came back from a 12-Day stay at Caribe Cove. Family of four (kids 7&6) and had a 7 day disney pass(w/ waterpark). I can tell you that we'll definately recommend this place to any of our friends.

Items you have to remember about this place (which I was expecting), there is no daily cleaning service, no room service and the front-desk was OK and polite for the 1 time I needed them. You will have to take your garbage to the bins in the parking lot, and there was no exceptional ammenities (wife said that the complimentary coffee was empty on a few occasions in the main lobby).

That being said, the place is clean and huge...we had the 3-bedroom model with large screened-in balcony overlooking the woods. The kitchen was perfect as we enjoy our homecooked meals most of the time. There's a WalMart within 5 minutes with everything you need, yet the place is a remote and quiet new street...pool was clean and big enough for all guests to enjoy. The 3 bedrooms is a huge bonus, 3 TVs make life perfect after a long day of disney....eveyone can get their space after being on each others nerves all day ;)

Hollywood studios is about 10 minutes away with no traffic, Disney is about 15 minutes....

Things that would have made the place perfect:
1> playground for the kids....can never get enough of those.
2> being able to BBQ would have been great!
3> basketball net would be a bonus.
4> Garbage pickup or easier to dispose of garbage on each floor (have to walk to the garbage down to the parkling lot).

Some Advice, stay in building #2 to be close to the pool for walking. Turn off your A/C when you are on the balcony, the A/C is on the balcony so the noise disturbes your peace! Bring your notebook and make sure you know how to use it with an ethernet cable (cable provided), wireless doesn't work in the rooms, only in the lobby. Holihans (sp?) is a few minutes away and has a great patio and food is good.

Overall, best value I've seen on vacations in a long time!

• Liked — Clean large rooms
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
Duluth, mn
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2008

This is a resort I would highly recommend to all. It opened last August and is still unknown to many. It is located in a new development and is very quiet but close to shopping and restaurants. One great surprise is that it is a block from 192, and once on the highway and down the road a couple of miles, the exit goes directly into Disney property.

I will agree with other reviews about the grumpy lady at the front desk. I went to buy a few items in their mini-store and she was a bit put out that she had to stop what she was doing and wait on me. The man that checked us out was very polite.

Only two negatives that I could see. #1........pool was only open from dawn 'til dusk. It would've been nice to have it open a little longer considering most people are at the parks until early evening. The pool is far enough away from the units that noise would not be a major factor. #2. The third bedroom with the twin beds definitely needs better window coverings. The window faces the hallyway and we had to put a spread over it to keep the brights lights from keeping the two girls awake. A bit tacky, but necessary.

All in all, I would go back here in a heartbeat. Our unit was well-maintained and the grounds were beautiful. If you're considering staying here you can't go wrong.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — grumpy lady at the front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2008

It took us like 2 hours to find this hotel because even though I knew it was not in the GPS system yet, we typed in the closest street to the hotel and that did not show up either. Type in Avalon Road. It is pretty much the same road, except seperated by a light and one end is Treasure Cove (the road the hotel is on) and the other end is Avalon. Weird.

My BF and I had the Aruba 2-bed style room. It was amazing! We felt like it was ours. You are provided one single dishwasher cleaner - I never had a dishwasher so this was like amazing for me. We tried to only use the dishwasher once so we wouldn't have to buy more detergent but that didn't work and we went to the supermarket 2 seconds away and bought more. Although, they do have little packets in the lobby you have to purchase but we are dumb dumbs and didn't look. Try to savor the trashbags, you wont be provided more than two. I guess we eat alot because we needed more so we just used grocery plastic bags.
Overall, the room was beautiful. Very big. I felt like I shouldn't be walking so much in a hotel room haha.

The pool was okay. It was kind of small and there were some teenagers there with awful mouths. I'm only 21 and I was kind of shocked. It was always a nice temperature.

The hotel is on a good strip with lots of food. From Dennys to Steakhouses. If you like Prime Rib and all that good stuff I definitely reccommend Black Angus and Colorado House of Beef. SOOO Good!

In the hotel book thing that you'll find in your room it says you can purchase theme park tickets at the desk. I went and asked to save time and they said they dont have that service. Weird.

UMMMM It was very nice though. Off the beaten path a little. Oh yeah, for some reason they thought we were checking out like 4 days before we were and one day the maid just walked in on my boyfriend in his boxers lol. She got scared and ran off. Then the next day, the doorbell rang and he went to open it and saw the maid running around the corner..He yelled to her and she said "Sorry!" then the phone rang and it was the front desk asking when we were checking out and who we booked it through. It was weird, but kind of amusing.

Those were the only weird things other than that the place was great. hahahh.

• Liked — quiet, clean, comfortable
  • Disliked — the confusion of how long we were staying
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2008

We just got home from a 3 night stay in the 3 bedroom suite. It was wonderful. Before I get started I want to make a note of 2 things. 1st since the street is new, you cannot find it on your GPS so do call for exact directions. 2nd do not take 192 if you are coming from the turnpike. Take Ocacola (?) parkway to 192 west. If you take 192 direct it will take over 40 minutes to get there with traffic and lights.

The property is beautiful, quiet and relaxing. My few complaints are 1. the "boys" at the front desk are still learning what to do.
2. there is an automatic $200 hold on your card for incidentals. that is not mentioned any where.
3. though you are charged a $65 plus tax for cleaning, they do not clean every day.
4. they have wireless internet access, if you did not bring your lap top, there are no public computers on property.

The rooms were large and the kitchen was well equipped for cooking. there is a wal-mart and publix not far for shopping and lots of places that deliver. the kids loved the pool and freshed baked cookies. the fact that there was a washer and dryer came in handy, but, you do need to buy your own soap.

We will be going back to this "hotel" when traveling with the family to disney. There was so much room for the 6 of us we never even go on each others nerves. I hope they get all the kinks worked out and some public computers installed.

• Liked — big rooms
  • Disliked — undisclosed $200 hold on credit card
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
austinjenna
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2008

It was very nice and actaully looked like the pictures on there website. We were a little worried about it when we booked because of the lack of reviews but the ones we read were all positive and we were not disappointed in our stay. We stayed in building 4 which has the retention pond behind it and at night if you are a light sleeper all the frogs etc.. make some noise but not enough for me to be up all night.

The pool is big and warm, the place was clean with plenty of towels and everything you need (dishwasher soap, paper towels, soap, hair dryer, coffee pot, microwave, toaster). We liked the washer and dryer, dishwasher etc...

The room has wired internet although its pretty slow its better then nothing. I agree that the staff was all friendly except the one lady that everyone talks about from the other posts.

If you are going to disney its about 10 minutes away and universal was about 20-25

• 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2008

I have to say that our family of four found this place to be exceptional! We were upgraded to a three bedroom with a huge, private balcony overlooking a wooded area. A really beautiful, relaxing view. The only complaint that we had was with the window coverings in the second and third bedrooms. The management/owners really need to put some light blocking window coverings in both of these bedrooms. Oh, and my husband would have enjoyed a sports channel, as another reviewer mentioned also....although not having one didn't bother me! Our 6 and 7 year olds enjoyed the pool area and having their own bedrooms. The rooms were huge, and were decorated beautifully! The full kitchen was great and the bathrooms were so large and beautiful, it made it easy for all four of us to get ready at the same time in the mornings. A short drive to the Magic Kingdom and Epcot. We didn't have any problems with traffic and made it to both parks in 10 - 15 minutes. A very quiet, relaxing retreat for families looking for a place to stay away from all the commercial disney properties!

• Liked — Beautiful and quiet!
  • Disliked — Lack of light blocking window coverings in bedrooms
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2008

I spent months trying to find a nice, clean place to stay for our Disney vacation and Caribe Cove was just that. We walked into our unit and it was beautiful and clean!!! We asked to be next to the (heated and very clean pool) pool and they said no problem. I only had 2 minor complaints.
1. Their website states they offer discount tickets to the theme parks. When I got there and asked to buy the tickets, the woman said we don't sell them here. I explained that I read on their website that they did. Her reply was, "Did you not hear me the first time, do I need to say it again?" We ended up getting them at the gate that morning with only 5 lost minutes....
2. The same woman also told us that she could not print our Southwest boarding passes because the printer didn't always work, which was a bummer because I have 4 small children and wanted us all to be able to sit together on the plane ride home.
My suggestions are If you stay there only deal with the young girl -she is so sweet and polite. At checkout when she asked how our stay was, I told her it was excellent. I said the only thing that could have been better was if their printer was more reliable to print out our boarding passes to make it easier at the airport. She told me there was nothing wrong with the printer and printed them out within seconds. Sounds like the other woman was just feeling lazy...
Other than those 2 minor complaints. The place is beautiful! I would still recommend it because of the cleanliness and beauty!

Stayed May 2008

Been to Caribe Cove Resort Orlando? Share your experiences!