“Parting ways” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 158 hotels in Kissimmee
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Parting ways”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

I was so excited to return back to Caribe Cove since our last stay. Our last stay was phenomenal and this time, I felt the place has lost it's touch. The pool, the mecca/the epic center of all, was dirty and filthy. The pool was infested with bugs in the morning, the stream room smelt like wet dog, the blanket and sheet were out dated (felt and looks like something from a cheap motel, not resort quality), and the pull out bed couch mattress was thinner than a slice of white bread. Our ice maker wasn't functioning and when it decided to make ice, it was dispensing any out.

My reason of returning was because of how the facility was before. Clean! Now I have to part ways and look for something cleaner.

A few thing had changed since my last visit.
There is actually WiFi in the rooms.
Added two basketball hoop in the parking lot.

Room Tip: request room closer to the pool.

691 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

2 week stay at Caribe Cove middle of May 13. Great holiday and perfect location for visiting Disneyland which is only 15 mins away by car just off the 192.
Apartment was quite spacious providing a perfect base for Disney
Highly recommended and would definitely return

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

I'm not a very picky person, so when I read some of the reviews about furniture and carpet..I didn't really care. I arrived here with my fiancé, mother and three children. One of them just six months old, so every mother knows the amount of stuff you need to pack for a baby. I totally forgot my bassinet and was almost in tears because he wiggles so much when he sleeps. I was blown away to not only find a high chair, there was also a bassinet!!!! The 3 bedroom 2 bath unit was simply for than we could have wanted. Huge bathrooms were a bonus and everything you need for every day cooking and cleaning. Has a laundry room with washer and dryer. 2huge closets in the master bedroom and a huge porch that wraps along in front of the unit. I felt like I was at home and even paid to stay an extra day. The carpet was a little dingy and the tvs were dated, but who goes on vacation to watch TV. Oh and btw, the bed was squeaky and a bit uncomfortable But will be coming back for sure. There are always specials for this resort!!! Close to Disney and other parks. Really enjoyed my stay.

Room Tip: FYI every unit is different. Some can have comfy beds..others squeaky. Some have great carpets..othe...
Hennessey, Oklahoma, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

Stayed in 3 bedroom 2 bath condo with the cleaning and resort fee it averaged 120 a night. It was clean, gated, spacious, not far to attractions and looked like the pictures. It was roomy for the price much better than a reg hotel room for our family of 6. Furnishings are comparable with those in chain hotels such as comfort inn or hampton. Counter tops appliances flooring would be called builder grade. It is not the four seasons or the Plaza its 120 a night for 3 bdrm 2 bath kitchen and laundry not sure what some people thought they would get for the price. Our bed was ok I had no problems sleeping after long days at the parks we have a tempurpedic at home so all hotel beds fail to compare also had no problems with light in the room at night. Overall nothing fancy but it was more spacious than the room we had just left at disney and it was great to be able to wash
clothes would stay again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Goose Creek, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

We enjoyed our stay here at the resort. I had read reviews that were so negative but when we checked into our room it was lovely, clean and very spacious. It had 2 BR 3bdr and a full kitchen....plenty of space for our family of 6. I would recommend this resort for sure!!! The only issue we had was the crazy traffic getting to Universal Studios in the morning, but we didn't mind the commute. I guess it all depends on how far you are willing to drive. We packed lunch for the park and ate breakfast and dinner in our hotel room. This saved us a lot of money.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

The master bedroom bed is thin, like from a pullout sofa, more uncomfortable, impossible. TV units are from 20 years ago, living room TV is a old, small tube screen. The bedroom TV is maybe 13" and 20' away from the bed, reducilus by today's standards. If your from a country with different standards than the USA or have a large family that likes the pool, you may be happy here. Decoration is older than the Televisions.

WARNING 1: The place in in the middle of nowhere, very far from everything interesting.

WARNING 2: JetBlue vacations booked the room and flight for me, which I prepaid, they never mentioned a $110. extra resort fee which I had to pay checking in or i would loose the reservation. This was infuriating.

WARNING 3: If you have any back problems, the beds will aggravate your condition, absolutely terrible.

The good: rooms were clean and spacious

Stayed June 2013
Brasilia, DF
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

far ...

As for the Resort there to talk about. Clean, beautiful, comfortable ... really good. Reception composed of people polite and helpful.

The rooms can fit up to 8 people comfortably. We were only 4 people and left bed.

Minuses:

- The carpet is very bad for those who are allergic. My daughter and my wife suffered in the early days.
- Distance: although there are many restaurants, Target, Walmart, Wallgreens very close, we miss being closer to Universal Studio and International Driver. To get to Milenia Mall and the Florida Mall had to devote some time, about 30 minutes with good traffic. That was annoying!
- Cleaning of the daily room only stayed 6 days and there is no service, nor do I pay, cleaning bathrooms and kitchen. The replacement of basic hygiene materials does not occur. This is not good!

positive:

- Very close to the Disney parks, especially Downtown Disney.
- The cost-benefit ratio is very good.
- There is a small shop in reception you can find water, juice, toothpaste ... but had no toilet paper ....
- Do not charge anything for the Wi-Fi good quality
- Guarding orders placed by internet and not charge for it.
- Cleaning the Resort
- Safety

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Caribe Cove Resort Orlando? Share your experiences!