“Be Careful Which Building You Get” 3 of 5 stars

Caribe Cove Resort Orlando
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   9000 Treasure Trove Lane, Kissimmee, FL 34747   |
Ranked #10 of 158 Hotels in Kissimmee
Tampa, Florida
“Be Careful Which Building You Get”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2011

I had published a review before, but felt the need to delete it and revise it.

Caribe Cove is a beautiful resort to stay in, with beautiful buildings, and I felt safe parking my car there.

I'm sure the majority of the resort is quiet and peaceful at night.

However, I was in building number 4 (I'm fairly certain that was the building number, anyway), which faces a large pond in the back. The pond has a sign outside facing the building, which cautioned guests about the presence of alligators. At first I was excited about such a lovely view, however this pond also had a large amount of frogs. The frogs made their happy way up to the building, , I suppose to avoid the overflow of water when it rained, and while they could not make it onto the screened-in porch, they clung onto the rafters, the outside of the screen, the frame--everywhere, and made loud noises (I assume they were mating calls) all evening and night. The walls were so thin, it sounded like they were in the room with you. My mother had to put earplugs in just to sleep at night. I had to buy Benadryl and put a pillow over my head to sleep. It would get so loud, when I'd be talking to someone on the phone while indoors, they would ask "what's that noise?" It was like this every single night I stayed there--I was there for five nights.

The hotel has already replied once that no one has complained of frogs--this is likely because people assume the hotel is well aware of the presence of the frogs, and they know there's little that can be done, short of killing them, which would be inhumane. I didn't want them dead--I just didn't appreciate being given a room that didn't allow me a restful night's sleep. Before anyone responds with anything contradictory, I would ask them to stay in a room on the first floor of building number 4 for a night, with a porch overlooking the pond, especially a night during which it rains (it rained almost every night of my stay).

Also, I think it's worth mentioning that there is a housekeeping fee and a deposit which are expected upon your check in--they're not included in your initial fee. These may all be for very good reasons, but they were not mentioned during my booking with Travelocity and these caught me off guard and lowered the amount of spending money I had available during my Disney World vacation which I'd scrimped and saved for for months.

There is no housekeeping during your entire stay, just FYI.

I did not personally find the beds very soft, or comfortable. I could feel the springs.

The staff was courteous and polite, and took outbound mail for me, and even provided me an envelope for it free of charge.

I would consider staying here again, as it did have some decent amenities at a reasonable price, but I would be very sure to request a building away from the pond, and suggest anyone else do the same.

Room Tip: Avoid building 4
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
Woodbridge, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

The condo is large with a good design but updates are needed. The veneer was coming off the counter in the kitchen and the bathroom. The items that were supposed to be provided according to the welcome packet were not what was in the room. We called to get the other items and were told the packet was out of date. The beds were hard. The pool was fine and the front staff desk was nice. The worst part for us was the sound of frogs (or some other creatures) "singing" loudly all night. There isn't much the hotel can do about this but be aware that it was distracting. We got a great rate though so we got the price of a hotel room we got a three bedroom condo. All in all, worth it for the price.

Winnipeg, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2011

This villas are beautiful, clean, quiet and spacious. Unfortunately, the owners of these villas really went extremely low budget on the beds. We had a 3 bedroom villa and ALL the beds were horrible, felt like sleeping on the lowest grade sofa bed you could imagine. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone with back problems. Ten days and even my kids were hurting. I complained to the front desk a few times and was advised that they were aware of the problem and they were trying to convince the owners to change the beds. I was told It's their number 1 complaint.

The tv's are old and small and there is no wi-fi in the villas although a cable is provided for hook-up.

Although the place was nice I would not go back due to the beds.

LakeDistrict, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2011

We stayed at the Caribe Cove as a family of 2 adults and 3 children. The resort was just as we imagined it, lovely. The accomodation was very spacious, I am sure it was almost larger in floor space than my house!. There was every appliance and tool you could possibly need for your holiday. A note to UK visitors, if this is booked as a package there may be no resort fee and cleaning fee, we booked with Thomas Cook and there was none, worth checking with your agent first. You will still need to leave a $200 deposit on your card.

The beds were comfortable, and the main room one was very large! . The pool area was very clean and the music piped in was a nice touch. The baby alligator in the lake kept making an appearance! eek. All of the staff were very friendly and accomodating. The only thing I wasn't very happy with was the lack of safe keeping. There were no safes in the room, nor in reception.

As a quiet place to come back to after a busy day in Orlando/parks etc it was perfect. Sitting out on the covered patio area was fab at night, especially watching those storms.
Will definitely consider it again, and I think it may have spoilt us to the point of not wanting to stay in a hotel again.

Edison, NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2011

This resort was a pleasure to stay at. We stayed here last week and enjoyed our stay. It was us and our two kids. Although we had the third floor, the elevator took only a second to come up and take us to our destinations. It's not far from Disney or International Drive, which made it very easy for us. Having the Super Target nearby was a blessing. The people and service is very nice.
The rooms were clean and very comfy. They had pots and pans, glassware, cutlery...all that you need in good place to stay. If you are simple and dont want too much noise, this is the place to stay. No bothers. We got there, did grocery shopping, came to the resort, ate, slept and were out to the parks vacationing. Came back and it was all good. I would definitely recommend this place to others!!!

Room Tip: The closer the building, the easier it is to get in and out. Was great for us with building 3!
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2011

I was nervous after reading a couple reviews but decided to go with Caribe Cove based on the amount of good reviews. Very clean and upscale accommodations. Manager let us in to our room early even though when i called for early check-in the women said they don't allow it. We were very comfortable and enjoyed the pool. Took no time to get to all of the parks. A bit of traffic on the I-4 which is the the main highway but got through it. The grounds are landscaped beautifully and well taken care of. Would most definitely stay there again. Great vacation!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2011 via mobile

we are working parents that save to bring our kids to a vacation......Full clean kitchen, a lot of space, great place, no onsite activities for the family just the pool...if you have something plan everyday will be a great place or unless you are a layback person will enjoy also...I will come back. O by the way matres are,little hard

• Stayed July 2011

Been to Caribe Cove Resort Orlando? Share your experiences!