“Great stay close to Disney” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
Exclusive Offer, Save 15%
Ranked #4 of 158 Hotels in Kissimmee
Leduc
“Great stay close to Disney”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

Had a very nice week long stay at this resort. 2 bedroom suites were large with full kitchen. Because it is a new resort, there are only 80 units which meant the resort was very quiet, and we had run of the pool. We had a great stay and would highly recommend.

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Cairo, Egypt
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

Lighthouse is a very nice cosy resort . It's very clean and comfortable. We took the 3 bedroom apartment and it was great with spacious rooms , fully equipped kitchen and a breath taking view. I only wish there was a restaurant in the resort offering breakfast or dinner or even snacks .

Stayed July 2014
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

I don't even know where to start... I was in awe at how beautiful, clean and well kept our 3 bedroom /3 bath apt was. I kept having a constant grin on my face that made me appear as if I were crazy, I just couldn't believe that this place was real. I traveled with my cousin and her family which includes twin 2 year olds. It was perfect. So much space, we did our laundry, cooked our meals and shared family time as if we were home. I agree with previous posts..this was like staying at a luxury hotel but in my opinion with more perks as you can save money by doing your own laundry and having things on the fridge.

The club house is cool, everyday 3 movies are shown at the movie theater. These movies are kid friendly and if no one is there when you go they will change the movie to whichever it is that you would like to see. The resort looks exactly as in the pictures. The staff is great, very well mannered and gracious. Both main rooms in my 3 bedroom had jacuzzi's so all the adults were able to sink in for some relaxation in the privacy of their own rooms. The resort is near all the theme parks and there is a nearby walmart, publix, and tons of places to eat nearby.

When going back to the area I fully intend on staying here again.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

First time staying at this resort but we will definitely come back! We used to stay at nearby Caribe Cove resorts but liked this one much better.
Clean, good shape overall of both apts and grounds. Kitchen well staffed. Both main bedrooms in our apt had Jacuzzi baths with is nice too. We had a view on the lake and golf course. Hotel is well built - rooms are very well sound-proofed. Loved the quietness!
Nice pool, great for kids of all ages. And yes they have fitness which we didn't mean to use :)
But also they have a decent movie theater with some movies scheduled a few times a day. And as the staff pointed out you could choose a movie if you are alone there, which seems to be a regular case considering most people are out in the parks or somewhere else. At least we didn't have time to use it.
Staff is really attentive and helpful.
Not sure about the pool bar - was closed at all times, maybe its a slow season for them?

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Ted Y, General Manager at Lighthouse Key Resort and Spa, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Thank you for your review of our Resort! I am so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and some quiet relaxation here. I know my staff will be happy to hear your positive comments regarding their attentiveness.

Regarding our pool bar, it is currently open Thursday-Sunday in the afternoon and evenings. We do hope to expand the hours and days of operation soon as demand increases.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to share the details of your stay. We truly look forward to welcoming you back the next time you visit the Orlando area!
Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

Me & my family stayed here for a quick family vaca after finding a good groupon deal. We were amazed. The staff was very nice and friendly but what was even better was the actual condo. We stayed in the 3 bed/3 bath. It was like staying at a luxury hotel. Absolutely no complaints.

• Stayed June 2014
Yucaipa, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

We took our five grandchildren to Kissimmee for a two week Disney experiance. We stayed in a four bedroom suite on the 5th floor and loved the property. We were in the parks almost all the time but managed some use of the pool and saw one movie in their theater. The beds were comfortable, the kitchen and living space were well designed and the four bedrooms and three bathrooms were a nice change from hotels. The property is great and at a little over $200 a night was a real bargin. However we were very disappointed in the management and the front desk. They seem to be indiferent to the difficulties they cause guests. I saw guests waiting in the hall for over 15 minutes because their keys were not programed correctly. We waited over 10 minutes for someone to answer at the front desk. The made a large mistake when we checked in and actually locked us out of our room and refused to let us back in
until we could fix their mistake. They usually only have one person at the front desk and you can wait a long time if you need something from them. You won't be disapointed in the property
especially if you "can do" which is their motto that is unfulfilled.

Room Tip: The four bedroom suite was only 15% more than the two bedroom and was laid out to perfection. The r...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Ted Y, General Manager at Lighthouse Key Resort and Spa, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Dear Charles C,

Thank you for your review of our Resort. I was very pleased to hear that you found our property to be great and a good value. However, I was sorry to hear of your disappointment with our front desk and management. I apologize that your experience was well below the high standards for which we are known.

We would never knowingly cause difficulties for our guests. In fact, we do all we can to avoid the type of situation that occurred when you were locked out of your room. When a guest’s charges exceed their established credit limit, we do attempt to gain more credit without causing an inconvenience by using the credit card presented at check-in for that purpose. In the event that a guest’s credit card is declined, it is then our procedure to contact them directly.

Although rare, we have at times had to lock guests out of their units temporarily when our calls and messages go unreturned. Please know that we share your concerns regarding the situation and we too wish it could have been avoided.

Once again, I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced. I do hope you might consider staying with us again in the future so that we might have an opportunity to show you the same great service so many other reviewers have experienced.
Kissimmee, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

I live about less than two miles from the Lighthouse Key Resort and Spa. MY Dad was coming to visit us and decided rather than staying at a Themed Resort we would like for him to stay close to family and friends. We have a two bedroom apartment and we would like for my Dad to have his own bedroom. Lighthouse provided not only a wonderful bedroom and his personable bathroom but a three bedroom HOME for us to enjoy each others company.

The staff members were terrific and the amenities fantastic. We love the place. Thank you so much for a wonderful experience my Dad and Sister loved staying at this great Resort and Spa.

Awesome.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Been to Lighthouse Key Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!