“Excellent place to stay for a Disney trip with the family” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
SAVE 20% NOW!
Ranked #5 of 158 Hotels in Kissimmee
Warminster, Pennsylvania
“Excellent place to stay for a Disney trip with the family”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

Our family stayed at Lighthouse Key in Oct 2013. We chose this location based on the trip advisor reviews and they were correct. This resort was great for a family, we had a four bedroom condo. It was spacious, the décor was very nice and the property was clean. Lighthouse Key resort is an excellent location for a family Disney trip, we were a few minute always from the Disney parks. We traveled on highway 429 and were on Disney property in less than five minutes. There were plenty of restaurants very close to the hotel. The Lighthouse Key Resort staff was friendly and helpful. The condo was exactly as it was pictured on the website. My family would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the pool had a great view of the Magic Kingdom fireworks
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Ted Y, General Manager at Lighthouse Key Resort and Spa, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Thank you for sharing your review of our Resort! We enjoyed reading your positive comments and we are so pleased that you enjoyed your room, our staff and the proximity to Disney. We appreciate your recommendation and we look forward to a return visit from you and your family.

Warm regards,

Ted Yeatts

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

I've stayed here with my friends during MLB Spring Training four times and am looking into a fifth. Each time I walk into a unit, I gotta say, "Whoa!" Every detail, every time, exceeds every expectation from granite counters to 3 or 4 flat panel televisions to the large room sizes to the décor in each room. The condition of the furniture, flooring, bathroom fixtures, light fixtures, window treatments, etc. -- impeccable. Always. And I've never heard anything out of the other guys that was less than complimentary.

I hear that Disney is close by, but I wouldn't know. Maybe because we sleep late, lay around the pool (and pool bar), then head out for a baseball game somewhere, and get back pretty late! We've been to games as far East as Port St. Lucie (NY Mets) and as far West as Dunedin (Toronto Blue Jays) and the boys insist on staying here. The spa looks nice, but not being "spa" guys, I can't give it an excellent rating, even though it probably is excellent. Same for breakfast. We usually grab something on the road or just wait till we get to the ballpark.

This resort is gated, in a great location, wonderfully staffed and maintained, and reasonably priced. You won't want to even look anywhere else after you've spent one day/night here.

Room Tip: EVERY ROOM IS GOOD! Rooms closer to the pool and clubhouse mean a shorter walk, otherwise, every o...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Lake Charles, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

Our family has stayed at Lighthouse Key since it was first opened. The space is GREAT after a day of being in crowds, like being at home with all the amenities. Very well decorated and a price that cannot be beat for what you are getting.The staff was very friendly and helpful. Easy drive to all Disney parks, many stores nearby.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

The photos on the website are EXACTLY what the room and property are like. No surprises. If you have a large family this is IDEAL, it is affordable and very roomy. I dont have any children of my own but if I did I could not imagine staying in a normal hotel room. Although it was just me and my boyfriend, I enjoyed being able to go take a relaxing hot bath in the whirlpool tub in the masterbath while he watched tv in the living room. The billiards room was used a lot by us. My only complaints are the pool tables and equipment could use some updating but they were usable. The pool was very nice but they have a few wasps in the area that kept me from staying too long. And the pans were usable but food stuck to them too much. For the price I cant really complain because I feel I got more than my money's worth but those are the only reasons I did not give it a 5 star. Overall the staff and condo was lovely and I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Bellefontaine, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

I stayed at Lighthouse Key with a group of friends last week and the accommodations were great! We had a 4 bedroom, everything was comfortable, clean and in good order. Our experience with the staff was great! The pool was really nice and relaxing. You are close to stores like Target and Publix for groceries and many good restaurants, sit down and fast food alike. Easy to get to all the parks, etc. It is a gated resort and felt very safe. The kitchen is well equipped.

Negatives: The poolside pub was closed and the key reader on our door had some issues. The staff was responsive to the key issue.

I recommend it and would not hesitate to stay again!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Cape Coral, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

We stayed at the resort in between conferences. The room was so awesome...really comfortable. I wasn't ready to leave. The pool area is lovely...large u-shaped pool with zero-entry on one end and an adult area lap pool. There's a gameroom with pool tables and a 50+ seat movie theater in the clubhouse. It's a condo resort, so there is no food & beverage service (at this time), but the kitchens are large and well-equipped so stop at the store! There are also good restaurants not too far away.

This resort is very close to Disney World (maybe 4 miles?). I see it as a wonderful place to relax after a fun day of crazy park activity. The pool is open until 11 pm so there's plenty of time to do that. We didn't have time to do use the Spa, but Rudy gave us a tour. Wish we could have stayed long enough to take advantage)

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Lafayette, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Our stay at this resort was wonderful. The resort was clean the staff was friendly. Because our stay at this resort was so amazing our overall Orlando stay was terrific. The condo was spacious and beautifully decorated. My husband and I was so please with Lighthouse Key that we decided that this will be our destination for next summers vacation. I think we found a new home at Lighthouse Key for when we are in Orlando visiting.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Lighthouse Key Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!