“Returned within a week for another stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
SAVE 20% NOW!
Ranked #5 of 157 hotels in Kissimmee
Guildford, United Kingdom
“Returned within a week for another stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for 5 nights then drove out of state for a few nights. We then decided we wanted to revisit Disneyworld so had no hesitation in rebooking at Lighthouse Key and extended our holiday for 3 further nights. We called the number from the website who were extremely efficient and confirmed a condo and rate within minutes. On both occasions we booked a 3 bed (mainly because we'd seen/read that the 2 bedroomed condos have a trundle bed in the 2nd bedroom and we felt the kids needed proper beds for comfort). As it turned out, on our second visit, the 3rd bedroom had the trundle bed option (we had twins in the 3rd bedroom first time round) Having looked at it, it would've been more than adequate. It would just have been a little tricky in terms of space as there's not much left when it is fully pulled out. But the mattress was very thick and substantial.

Layout was slightly different in each condo but decor, comfort and cleanliness was identical. We had rooms overlooking the lake so we could see the fireworks and Fantasmic shows from our balcony. We too had problems operating the TVs. Figured it out eventually! Yes, as mentioned there are minimal supplies of soap etc but we knew this as it was on our booking info and had taken our own preferred brands anyway. Equally, we were aware of a free mid week clean from our booking confirmation.

Contrary to another reviewer's experience, the service at check-in and check out was top notch.

We didn't make use of any of the facilities except for the pool on the last day - we went out early and came home too late. Pool was clean, warm and there are pool towels available. The kids loved it.

It is extremely well positioned for shops, restaurants and Disney. In fact the only thing we struggled to find was a proper bank - ie a walk in branch. We found lots of ATMs but these limited the cash we wanted and charged a fee each time. There must have been banks around but I guess with unfamiliar signage, we couldn't spot them in the mass of other shops, or we were just looking in the wrong places. We too were back from the Disneyworld fireworks within 45 mins, although we took the monorail.

We would definitely recommend this venue. We were only bothered by noise from above on one night, so if you are likely to be disturbed, go for a 5th floor room and one overlooking the lake. We ALWAYS tell our kids to be mindful of others below or next door and NOT to run or bang around when in hotels or apartments. It amazes me that others are not always as considerate!

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

273 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Fort Myers, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

I found this resort traveling one time for vacation and I now stay here all the time for business. It's more of a family hotel, but I feel so comfortable there, I can't stay anywhere else! I like the condo style feel and this resort has all the comforts of home. The kitchen has everything you can think of - they even have a blender! I stay in the two bedroom unit which would be perfect for a family of 4. I have stayed in the 4 bedroom with my family, which was 7 adults and 2 kids and it was perfect! I frequently visit downtown Disney for dinner and its a very short drive. The staff is what makes this resort special. Kim, Ron, Denise and Lauren at the front desk are always smiling and pleasant. When I checkin most of the time Ron is working and he always goes out of his way to make my stay exceptional. I rarely encounter an issue, but the few occasions I have, it was always resolved quickly and with a smile. The GM is wonderful too and you can tell she takes a lot of pride in her job. The room is always really clean and the housekeeping does a great job. I've eaten at the deli a couple of times and it is always really good and the staff is always so friendly. I can't say enough about Lighthouse Key! Book your next Orlando vacation here - you won't be sorry!!!

• Stayed April 2013
Lexington, KY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Our family arrived around 1 AM after a long day at Universal and was told by the front desk that no room was registered to us. After about 20 minutes and several calls they found our reservation but they said our room was occupied by a condo owner. After another 10 minutes of saying they had no other 3 bedroom units available they found a unit for us. We got to the room and the third bedroom was the size of a walk-in closet and had a trundle bed instead of the two twin beds that we reserved.

My wife "talked" to the front desk manager the next day asking for compensation of some sort for having to deal with no reservation for an hour at 1 in the morning and having a different room than what we booked. The front desk manager argued more than talked. She made excuses instead of taking responsibility. Some accommodations were made but she had an attitude toward us. In this discussion we also discovered that the cleaning fee we paid via their website for the mid-week cleaning actually is part of the rental fee.

So be aware -- the mid-week cleaning is free and comes with your stay.

We also learned accidentally that the unit they put us in was $20 less per day which meant a total savings of $120 for our 6 day stay. It would have been nice if they would have told us that instead of us telling them. After a long discussion they agreed to credit the $120 and the $60 for the cleaning. However, if we hadn't confronted them about it we wouldn't have received the credit. They also threw in two free spa treatments. Unfortunately, their attitude in regards to the credits was like they were giving us something extra. Very strange and unprofessional.

To top it off, when checking out on the last day the front desk supervisor started arguing about giving the credits again. She said she didn't remember. Then when she had trouble processing the credit back to our card she rudely stated that she makes mistakes when she is yelled at. I asked her if she was talking about me and she said yes. Of course I never yelled, but I will say that having to argue to get our room at check in and having to argue to get our credits the next day and then having to argue to get our credits on check out is ridiculous.

In general, it wasn't pleasant to deal with the front desk and therefore I will never stay here again.

In regards to the facility, it's just okay in my book. It's not a resort in the slightest, it's a condo complex. The furnishings in the living room are dated and sparse. From the photos on the web I expected a more upscale feel. Also, if you have kids like we do I can't recommend this place, it's boring. They have a movie room and a game room but they seem always empty. Most kids want a little more excitement than that.

I recommend the Holiday Inn Vacation Club right next door. You can hear the live music nightly from your deck at you Lighthouse Key condo.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
LHKGM, General Manager at Lighthouse Key Resort and Spa, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
We can understand your frustration and apologize that you experienced a delay upon your arrival, especially after a long day enjoying the parks. We had implemented a new reservation system and unfortunately this led to the confusion at your check-in that evening.

While our team recognized the inconvenience to your family and extended the credits and spa treatments, there is no excuse for any approach to a guest that is not professional and we are sorry that further added to your disappointment.

Thank you for your feedback on our facilities and the service you received, which will be reviewed by all of our teams. We hope that we can earn the opportunity to serve you again in the future and will be contacting you directly for further follow up.
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

Lighthouse Key Resort for Trip Advisor

Stayed at Lighthouse Key Resort for the second time last week in a 3 bedroom handicapped accessible condo. It was so nice for our family of four to have all that space to spread out. The kids having their own space to return to at night is a fabulous luxury after theme parking all day. Also a nice luxury is the jetted tubs in two bathrooms. The jacuzzi at the pool does not have strong jets and is warm, not hot, so I would suggest using your tub to soak the theme parks off instead. The pool is zero entry so its great for young kids of wheelchair users. Everything was clean and well maintained. Beds were comfortable and there were plenty of pillows and blankets to spare. We went to Target which is about 1.5 miles away to stock up on arrival and used the kitchen to save money on food costs. Full sized washer/dryer came in handy. We had one problem with our door lock and maintenance was there and had it fixed within 20 minutes. Was very surprised that two of the bathrooms had roll in showers which is an unusual find when traveling with a wheelchair.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

We just stayed here for 8 days. As everyone else is saying, the place is great in regards to space and cleanliness. We had a 3 BR unit and it was huge. Huge walk in closets, huge bathrooms, great space. The internet was better than described by others, but there were pockets in our room that it did not work. Overall though, the internet was working for us. The TV took some time for me (not other family members) to learn. Tip: Push power super quickly (don't hold down too long) to get TV to turn on. If you push the power button for more than 1/2 second, you turn the TV on and off again. Minor point. The other stuff (pool, game room, movie theater...) were great.

The part that surprised me was that there were things you have to provide that I wouldn't expect. For example, hand soap. We were given one tiny cheap hand soap for the bathrooms, not the kitchen. When we asked for more, they provided a few and politely told us that it's up to us to get the handsoap at the store. Dishwasher detergent~ same thing. You get 2 starter packs for a 3 BR (think... more people, more dishes) and then you're on your own. I wasn't surprised to have to buy my own laundry detergent. The liners for the garbage can were provided but they put so few in the room that you had to call for more (kind of annoying but not too big of a deal). Lastly, this part surprised me. Toilet paper! Bring your own if you have a lot of people. We ran out and were told that it was on us to provide our own toilet paper. This one shocked me. For spending close to $3K for the unit, I shouldn't have to buy my own toilet paper. We had four roles for 6 people, 8 days. Not enough. It felt cheap considering we paid good money for the hotel. Paper towels are necessary to buy as well, as those dont' get replaced. One other thing people may want to bring (I didn't expect them to provide this) is Lyscol wipes. The counters are granite and brown, so you can't see the dirt on the counter. I bought some and was able to clean the counters better.

Overall, the place is great/clean/fun, but I think the message of 'buy your own toilet paper' given the expense we paid to stay there would steer me away from staying there again. Great place, but the 'buy your own' sent a bad message to me. Service was always super friendly and polite though.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Owings Mills, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

This condo facility is very open and spacious. The amenities are excellent and comfortable.
The pool is not "resort-size/quality" but it's large enough and offers a great way to kill time on a non-park day. The condo is about 4 miles from World Drive and 8 miles from the MK entrance. On a busy night leaving MK after fireworks (take the boat not the monorail) we were back in our condo within 45 minutes.
Plenty of shopping with a Super Target and Publix supermarket within a mile. We found our favorite pizza in the area at Flippers, and a great dinner spot across the street - Houlihans.
Great for families who want to spread out!

Room Tip: 2nd floor 3BR condos are worth the extra couple of bucks!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Winston Salem, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Brought daughter, son-in-law and 4 grandkids plus wife to Walt Disney World. Found this resort on the Internet. We stayed in room 503 building 1. I had read many of the reviews here and trusted the comments to be accurate. I chose higher floor and view of lake so we could not only see fireworks from Magic Kingdom but hopefully be very quiet. The room is exactly as pictured on the Internet right down to the furniture and pictures on the wall. The only thing that was a bit of a surprise was the master bedrooms looked much bigger in the Internet picture than they actually are in real life. The king bed takes up 70% of the room. There is a huge walk-in closet however and the master baths are huge with separate tub and shower and room with the toilet. The jetted tubs are the type of tubs with the smaller air holes in the bottom and not like a true jetted tub, but the water still gets agitated. The washer and dryer are full size and the patio is also of a great size. I would recommend if you have a small child that climbs you get a room on first floor as my daughter worried the entire time about our 1 year old grandson crawling over the deck railing. Units are super clean and very modern and very quiet. Again we had 4 kids and 4 adults and the larger 3 bed/bath units were more than spacious. The 'clubhouse' has a large movie theatre (as shown on the Internet), small game room for the kids, a really nice exercise room (several treadmills, bikes, recumbant bike, elipticals, and hand weights. Exercise facility has a long glass front that overlooks the pool area. There are two pools and a hottub. First pool is horseshoe shaped and has a zero entry side for small kids which was really nice. There is also a deli and shop with snacks and a pub with drinks. Both expensive but this is WDWorld. Check-in was easy and the whole facility is gated with a guard who actually checks your parking permit. Other reviewers had indicated the wireless Internet was terrible, but we actually found in our room it not to be a problem. One of the master bedrooms (the one with the desk) has a desk lamp with a High Speed outlet (bring your own 10/100 cord) but since the wireless is working well in our room, I am not using it even though after reading the reviews on the Internet here I came with a cord. WDWorld is only a 5-7 mile drive and there are Publix supermarkets, a Walmart and Target and other stores within a couple of miles drive. We paid $270 a night which I felt was a bargin.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to Lighthouse Key Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!