“Good, but not great!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Orlando Celebration Resort & Convention Center

You added Ramada Orlando Celebration Resort & Convention Center to your Saves list
Ramada Orlando Celebration Resort & Convention Center
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6375 West Irlo Bronson Memorial Highway, Kissimmee, FL 34747   |
Ranked #70 of 158 Hotels in Kissimmee
Kentucky
“Good, but not great!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2009

Hotel had a beautiful lobby and upon arrival seemed to be more than expected for price and was until the second night. Upon arrival from a long 10 hour fishing excursion, our keys wouldn't work in our door and the wash rags, bath mat, and soap had not been replaced. The front desk was called and still no replacements two hours later. Notification of the absent items at check out and not even a sorry. Might go back, but not without soap, wash rags some things are just a necessity.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
miami, FL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2009

I was staying there for the weekend and asked for a king size bedroom and got a room with 2 double beds. The room was outdated, there was a stain on the rug and the a/c was broken. I asked to switch to another room with preferably a king size bed and the front desk agent told me that there was no more rooms available with a king bed and that they were sold out. She switched me to another room with 2 double beds. Three doors away there was a family of 5 with two kids sleeping in a king size room. I was very dissatisfied and will never recommend this hotel to anyone. I'm just happy I was only there for 2 days. ;)

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
LONDON
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2009

Me and my husband stayed in this hotel in oct 2009. i found this hotel was great for what we wanted, we just wanted a pleasent place to spend our nights somewhere safe to stay, and this hotel offered this.
I wouldn't recommend u to eat at the resturant in the hotel as the food wasn't that amazing and not much choice especially if you are a vegetarian, but there was plenty of place's to eat out in and around the kissimmee area anyway.
I would definitely recommend you to hire a car (with a TOM TOM..!!!) if you want to visit the Florida Parks, you can book it from home and then pick up from the airport.
we actually didn't hire a car from home, we thought we would just get shuttles everywhere, we tried this on the first day out and got a shuttle to Sea World which was about $24, they were late on picking us up and tell u what time they pick you up so u have less time in the park.
When you arrive at this hotel go and speak to the guys at the concierge, they gave us some great advice on all the places we wanted to visit..
I would recommend this hotel, and i would 100% go back.. :D

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, WA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2009

. This hotel may have been okay when it was new but it is very much in need of cleaning and maintenance. The room was not clean and the beds were terrible. The sheets didn't stay on the bed. There was mold in the shower and the lighting was insufficient. We tried the buffet for breakfast twice because we thought it would be fast. It was very expensive and items were cold and tasteless and eggs not cooked all of the way. The people at the reception desk were rude and non-responsive. We were there for eight nights and in all of that time, didn’t find anyone helpful or friendly. I can’t find anything nice to say about this hotel.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends

5. Food and Service Horrible

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
Orlando, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2009

This is what I sent to the Ramada today in response to their Online Satisfaction Survey:

The staff were completely incompetent. Had proof of delivery on a package sent to hotel that they insisted was not there. Day one, I called the front desk and asked about it. I was told they would go look and someone would call back. No call back at all. Day two, I went to the front desk and waited 45 minutes for someone to "check". They claim no package. Oh what about my proof of delivery? Oh well, sorry they can't do anything. After I checked out the gave me my package which the security person said was sitting in the back the entire time. I needed the package during my stay so finding it at the end was entirely useless to me.

Next, this hotel employs deceitful methods for charging additional expenses to your bill. At check out I was billed a $10 a day "resort fee". Nowhere on my printed reservation receipt was this charge disclosed. The front desk refused to refund it. They responded that on the website there is a checkbox where you agree to the charge. Sure, I remember a checkbox on a website for a reservation I made five months ago. Show me a printed disclosure, not some vague claim.

Restaurant service was poor at best, servers seemed annoyed that they had to take care of you. Food ranged from bad to absolutely disgusting. My hamburger (that I waited nearly an hour for) arrived burned to a crisp and completely inedible. The server didn't see why this was a problem.

No wi-fi although it's advertised as available. Yes, if you stand in one spot in the lobby you might get a signal. Pretty awful considering I was at a conference in the hotel that required me to be online. Forget the "business center", it was overrun by hordes of 10 year old children surfing the internet and generally acting rowdy. Can't possibly get work done in there. And, no, management did not come by to ask them to calm down.

The gym, if you could call it that, had three mismatched weights and no air conditioning. I guess that's part of the "resort fee"??

Never coming back, ever.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2009

I have traveled most of my life with both business and pleaseure and this is by far the biggest JOKE of a hotel I have ever seen. First you overhear employes saying how they havent paid this bill and they are going to turn off the phone system, then you hear employees upset because they fired the Food and Beverage Director for no reason, and nobody seems to know what to do. They have no sense of direction there, The food quality and service is absoultely horrible - has to be the cheapest food on the black market, and they call it breakfast . The air conditioning has been out for quite a while, I did overhear someone saying that the employees upstairs have workded 2 yrs without air conditioning, Seems like this property is running on a wing and a prayer.....the employees are lost, and short tempered, they charge us for $10 resort fee and give us nothing for that fee, what the hell !!! I think I am going to continue to type something about this property every day until people realize that its not a fit property to stay in and expect a wonderful vacaton..................with all the hotels in the area, Im sure there are others out there that offically " work under normal operating proceedures" and treat their guest with respect and give them their moneys worth. Please think twice before staying at this property. They are not a 3 star either....... I wouldn't even give them ONE star in my opionin

Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends

Been to Ramada Orlando Celebration Resort & Convention Center? Share your experiences!