“Great Experience” 4 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Condominium   |   4951 Calypso Cay Way, Kissimmee, FL 34746   |
Florida, United States
“Great Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

My family and I just returned from Calypso Cay in Kissimmee after having enjoyed a great stay at this resort. Our villa was the 305 building 25. We requested a one bedroom villa for up to four people and got a very complete villa with:
master bedroom with king bed and walk in closet
living room, dinning room, small space for laptop and (wired) internet connection
a complete kitchen with all the utensils from cups, plates, cutlery, pots, knives, coffee maker, toaster, microwave oven, etc., (like your home kitchen)
a separate room for children with a bunkbed and its own TV
a spacious living room with a sofa bed (queen) very comfortable
A villa like this can easily accomodate 6 people.
The hotel has two swimming pools with slides for children and a hot tub, tiki bar (both pools).
There is a Walmart Supercenter, very conveniently located within 5 minutes drive. Although we did not use it ,I was told that the hotel has transportation to Disney theme parks, which, are located at a distance of approximately 15 minutes drive. The Buena Vista Outlets are also about 10 minutes drive.
The only thing I can point out is that the check-in was a little slow. Check-out, fast and easy.
I have read very bad reviews from other travelers, but fortunately my experience was very good.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

We stay on 5/24/2013 to 5/26/2013. And we no recomend this places now. Housekeeping services very bad we ask to talk with housekeeping manager and he come like one hour afther with very bad actitud and no profecional. He no has answer to all my question regart The bad services and he call one lady he say she go takecare and she come in out uniforms look like model. Her nametag name is magaly and she very lost and unprofecional.

Carlisle
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

Just left Calypso Cay this week. It was a horrible.. Went there for a timeshare promotion. First room we got was in building 25 room 311 and it was filty the beds wasn't made and the toilet had a hairball the size of a snake in it.. So we had to go back to the office and wait 2 hours to get a new room. In the meanwhile one of the workers hit my husbands truck twice with the golf carts and the managers refused to give insurance information to get it fixed.. They offered no compensation or anything for the filthy rooms. They second room which was same building but room #111 the curtains was all molded and stained.. Not to mention there was a snake in our room. Those who said that their room were nice had to be ones that is very familiar with an unsanitary environment.. They are soo filthy.. How can you sale a timeshare and not put your guests in your best?? PLEASE DO NOT STAY THERE!

Room Tip: The whole place is filthy.. Your best bet is to find somewhere else to go..
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

My husband and I and my 2 small kids were told to leave the hotel at 1:30 am by security for no reason there was a fight of some sort by other people we don't even know and some how we got caught up in it !!! Staff treated us like we did something wrong I went downstairs to get my pizza that i ordered for my family I was told to go to my room like I was 5 yrs old I am 35 years old with a family wanting our pizza !!! I told the lady I am not a child I don't need to be told go to go my room next thing I know security is at our door for no reason tell us we need to leave !! With our 7 yr old and 9 year old that were sleeping !!! I have never been treated this way in my life I would rather stay under a bridge with my family than at this place !!!
No to mention when I am checking out one of the staff member has the nerve to tell me to be quite really be quite when I'm being kicked out for no reason for what some other person did !!! Than I find out the guy who started everything the police let go and was comfortable sleeping in his room while we are out of a place to stay !! Oh and the pizza I ordered guess who ate it ??? Yes security and the staff our friends went back to get it and they were eating I hope it tastes vary well !!

Yolanda Hill

West Warwick, Rhode Island
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

I recently stayed in a Calypso Cay Vacation Villa (Villa 25) with seven other of my friends on a high school band trip to Disney World. From the outside, it looked like a beautiful place to stay. On the first night, before going to our rooms we went to the pool for a pool party. The pool had two water slides and a nice hot hottub. However, the pool was just about the only good thing at this hotel! We had to take the elevator up since we had suitcases and were on the third floor, but the elevator smelled of smoke and made an odd beeping sound as we went up. When we got to our room, it looked like it hadn't been cleaned out from the people before us! There were wet towels in the washer, dirty glasses in the sink, ants in the bathroom, and sheets on the beds that did not fit properly. Because of this, we ended up sleeping on disgusting mattresses when the sheets would fall off during the night. Also, there were cockroaches in a room that was being occupied by another group of students below us, and our room had many plumbing issues. When we tried to find someone to fix the toilet, we had no working phone, so we had to walk down to the desk, where the front desk woman stared at us blankly, and then told us she didn't know who to call and she had lost the number to guest services. Seven girls had to share one bathroom!
Our last night was the final straw. The room next to us during bedcheck had a huge fight. They were not people from our trip, but they were directly outside of our room in the hallway. We had to call the front desk to get security, but our room phone did not work, so we had to call the police. The police showed up and left, and then finally the security guard came up after we had been settled into bed, knocking on our door around two in the morning and waking us up. He was about five foot two and did not speak english, so we could not communicate with him. It is a very scary thought to think about, but what if the people in the room next to us did not stop fighting and really hurt each other? The security guard would have gotten there way to late. This place is not only dirty but a safety hazard, and I would NOT recommended it to ANYONE!

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else. I am sure there are plenty of other places to stay that are much nicer and more...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

So I read the reviews like most of you before I arrived and was petrified to even open the room door. I can't relate to anything these people write. First of all my check in time was no longer then 10 minutes in the VIP section which is for the suites. Customer service was very friendly. My room was clean with granite counter tops in the kitchen. All the appliances are working fine including the dishwasher and washer/dryer. AC in the room works fine. The outside balcony has a net running all around with the ceiling fan so you can enjoy staying outside in the evening without having to worry about the bugs. You can also see the staff walking around all day cleaning the grounds including power washing walkways. You have beautiful pools, playground, basketball and volleyball court. I'm serious for the money we spend I couldn't ask for more and trust me I have been to different hotels in Orlando few times with better reviewes and half of what this hotel offers.

New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I took my family on a vacation and we stayed at Calypso Cay Resort May 1, 2013 thru May 5, 2013. We book a three bedroom villa room 302. I was not please with the room. When we arrived in our room they had menstrual BLOOD stains on the spreads in the double room. Call front desk to reported it, after a long 9 hour drive they took 2 1/2 hours to bring clean ones. Also, they left dirty towels outside our room on 5/4/13. Call front desk again to report it and was told that someone will pick them up. Check out on 5/5/13 towels were still outside the door. Poor service and a odor in room!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Been to Calypso Cay Suites? Share your experiences!