“A hidden gem” 5 of 5 stars

4007 Venetian Bay Drive, Kissimmee, FL 34741   |
Boston, Massachusetts
“A hidden gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

Love this place! It is my first time using tripadvisor to find lodging and they did not disappoint. My wife and I celebrated our anniversary and my birthday. This 3 bedroom, 2 bath townhouse is gorgeous! The pictures on the website are very accurate. I was not disappointed when I stepped thru the front door. I will definitely book this unit again. I love the peace and quietness I have experienced. The master bath is Huge with a jacuzzi. It provides romance and countless memories. I will return in 2015 if The Lord wills.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

We rented this 3 bedroom condo for a whole week during Christmas break. The condo was simple but very convenient. The master bedroom was on the main floor and the two other bedrooms, one bathroom and the washer and dryer were upstairs. The kitchen is small but functional and they stock it with all the essential dishes (except for a cutting tray) and utensils. The dishwasher is noisy but functional. The condo sleeps 8 but the living room is tight for that many and the dining table seats only 4. We did have 8 people there for a couple of days and it worked out fine.

The managers are very responsive to issues and fix them ASAP. I especially appreciated them fixing a minor plumbing issue right around Christmas expeditiously.

There is plenty of parking available right in front of the condos but the procedure to obtain a permit is somewhat tedious and involves a trip to the office during regular business hours.

Overall, I would do this again. Way better than staying on Disney property.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

Arrived yesterday. Very impressed with the place which offered clean comfortable and reasonable accommodation for a two month stay. Apprehensive after a review suggested a bad neighborhood. That is bunk. The whole appear to be well maintained but I am reserving judgment regarding management. None available at weekend and the only person in any sort of authority was the maintenance man a young man who took it upon himself to remove our bikes which we had secured outside our home. There was no attempt to speak with us despite the fact we were only away to get groceries. We were away less than hour. In that time he had visited with bolt cutters and removed the security chain and removed the bikes. There was a warning posted on the door which did not contain any reference or authority claimed to damage my property. I contacted security but they were unable to locate our bikes. I asked how I could possibly know any rules regarding the bikes. No one had told us. Not the owner or the management. We checked with the owner in the UK and he did not know of any rules. Another owner locally didn't know of any rules. It seems a little cavalier to let a young Dominican cleaner to be allowed to remove guests property without any notice or warnings regarding the rules. I checked the welcome book and there is nothing to let a guest know the rules. Very disappointing. We have our bikes back but no means of securing them. Welcome to Venetian Bay. Management will not be available until am tomorrow but the wanton damage of my property has made for a hiccup we could have done without. Based upon this incident I give them one star. I would be prepared to upgrade this because I really am quite Pleased with everything else.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Gloucester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

A great place situated right across from the club house!
Super clean and tidy and fitted out with all the things you could need in an self catering house.
Loads of space so we went on top of each other, near to the pool and BBQ area.
Only a short drive from all the shopping centres and about 20 mins drive from all the parks. The perfect location for any one traveling to Orlando for a fun in the sun/adventure park holiday!!
I will be defiantly coming back and staying here again!
The staff at the club house were helpful and friendly, the security team were lovely and the pool, gym and whole area was always super clean!
A highly recommend this place!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Juana Diaz, PR, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

We arrived on christmas eve and stayed for almost a week. We rented directly from the owner (vacationsnearthepark.com). Never before tried renting a a house instead of staying at a hotel like we usually do. And I have no regrets at all. The place was clean, well furnished, with all the amenities, including cable, telephone and free WIFi. You only need to bring the food and your clothing. The area is very secured, with a gym, pools, business center and is very centric in the Kissimmee area. Once you have everything setup with the owner you don't have to do a check in or a check out, just follow very simple instructions and you will be ready to go. I for shure will be coming back to this place for my next vacations. If you are fed up with overprice hotels in the Orlando area this is a nice place to consider for your next vacations.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Montreal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

We stayed here for 9 nights in 2012 (just getting around to writing a review in 2013). The condos have different owners, so your satisfaction may depend somewhat on how good the person who owns the condos is. Our experience was great. The condo has a nice layout, with two bedrooms on the second floor and the master bedroom on the first. This was good for us, as we were travelling with three generations (myself and my wife, my mother, and our 4-year old daugther).

There is a large main pool, only a few minutes walk from the condo with a nice jacuzzi. It was not crowded when we were there, but some people who lived there said it can get very crowded at times. There are also tennis courts on site and a playground.

I worked out in the weight room a couple of times. It was pretty good, but nothing extraordinary. Doubtful that this would factor into your vacation location, unless you are seriously into that.

Some comments indicate the staff is rude; however, this was not our experience. We did not have a lot of interaction with the staff, but whenever we did, it was positive.

To get back to the condo, it was functional, clean, spacious, and fitted our needs perfectly. Some websites indicate it is 10 minutes to Disney World. You'd be driving pretty fast to make it in 10 minutes. Budget at least 20.

One word of caution. If using a GPS, note that the entrance for renters is in the back, not in the front. Our GPS would not recongize this, which led to a frustrating time finding the entrance the first night.

Overall, we loved our stay here and would highly recommend it.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Middletown, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

This is our 3rd year staying here. I love the privacy and the villa was clean and spacious. I really enjoyed our stay. The owner was very responsive to my request. He made sure everything was comfortable for us.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Venetian Bay Resort? Share your experiences!