“Great location but hotel itself is runned down.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Celebration Suites

You added Celebration Suites to your Saves list
Celebration Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5820 W. Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy, Irlo Bronson Hwy,, Kissimmee, FL 34746 (Formerly Suites at Old Town)   |
Offers & Announcements
$10.00 Food Credit!
Ranked #30 of 158 Hotels in Kissimmee
Mississauga
“Great location but hotel itself is runned down.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2010

The hotel is close to all the major attractions which was a bonus, plus it was cheaper than staying in Orlando. The reason why this place is so cheap though is because they charge money for every little thing. This is the first place I've been to that charged money to use their dishes and utensils. Breakfast was $1.50 which I find very cheap but it's funny that they would charge for it when most hotels provided it for free. They had swimming pools but these were old and dirty. The hotel and rooms were all a little bit outdated. We spent most of our time at the parks so the room served it's purpose. This place is alright but I wouldn't recommend it for an extended stay. I also found the atmosphere to not be that safe. One night while we were there my brother and I got chased by some guy with no shoes and we ran to the main lobby, so be forewarned, don't let children wander around unattended.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
CelebrationSuitesGM, General Manager at Celebration Suites, responded to this review, July 10, 2010
Hello and thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am glad you appreciated our excellent location which is very close to all of the major theme parks as well as walking distance to 18 restaurants, bars, and exciting night life that exists at Old Town and Fun Spot USA next door to us.

I also thank you for recognizing the extraordinary value we provide by keeping our rates for our suites with full kitchens very affordable for families. While we do charge for the continental breakfast, its not so we can make money. It's just that for a hotel this size (600 suites), and with rooms that sleep up to 6 persons, its economically prohbitive to provide free breakfast for up to that many persons. We only charge $1.50/person just to try to break even. Our continental breakfast includes what we feel is a very nice selection of items: great coffee, OJ, Eggo waffles, donuts, bagels with cream cheese, toast, oatmeal, hot chocolate, tea, and fresh fruit (usually apples).

Our dishes and cookware are also available for a nominal fee ($4/day or $15/week) and with a Publix grocery store, its a fantastic way for a family of 6 to save a significant amount of money from going out to eat every meal as well as making sure you are eating perhaps a little bit more healthy! Our charge for the dishes just reflects the cost of washing/cleaning them as well as replacing items which unfortunately either are stolen or damaged over time.

Your comment regarding our pools has made me put renewed focus on making certain they are sparkling and clean. We just had our pool company do some deep cleaning a few days ago in scuba gear to redouble our efforts on this front because I take great pride in our 3 pools since they are one of our most popular amenities with our guests.

Finally, we have Security here on site every night. I am sorry to hear you were chased by someone, but am happy to hear that you were safe inside of our lobby. We work very closely with the Osceola County Sheriff's office to provide a safe environment here, but anytime you go on vacation its always smart to be alert and to make sure you supervise young children.

Thank you again for your comments and I certainly hope you will choose to stay with us again the next time you visit the area!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (216)
Fort Myers, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2010

You won't find a better deal; YOU WILL LOVE: THE PLACE, THE PRICE AND LOCATION! I have tried so many hotels in the area, i've done those deals of time share and all, but never again! What they called "suites" is a couch in a room.Go to Celebration Suites and you will know what a "suite" should be; real living room, real kitchen, full size refregirator, real table and chairs, and another doorway to get in the bedroom. NOW you have a suite. So much room, it's perfect knowing you can sleep 6 people no problem.
It is very close to interstate , easy to find,(Disney is on the same road) many pools, and next to it (litterally walk across a back road) is the perfect entertainment for ALL ages: Old Town . Everybody i have taken there will return, everybody i have sent will return. You will never go anywhere else again!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Abbotsford, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2010

Hubby, friend and myself stayed in the newer suites and enjoyed our time very much. Since we only paid about $35 a night we really couldn't complain about the few minor inconveniences we came across in the week we were there.

Here is the upside of the motel:
1. It has free shuttles that are available to and from the parks (Disneyworld/ Universal/ Sea World). You'll want to use the shuttles as you are far from Disney and super far from Universal and Sea World. Taxis are outrageous and not worth it.
2. You get lots of space in each suite. We found plenty of room with staying with our friend and never felt cramped.
3. You get a fridge to store food in. This is a bonus if you want to keep dairy products or snacks. There is a Publix across the street and it is easily accessible. Can end up saving a lot by using the kitchen. Note: You have to pay for any pots/ pans/ silverware. What we ended up doing was, taking extra plastics when we were eating out in Disney. Just grab a bunch of forks and spoons- SO MUCH CHEAPER!!!!
4. No extra fees like some other reviews had written of. I checked with the guy upon leaving and was like, "So nothing extra is going to show up on my VISA now like some other people have warned!?!?". He said no, but he also added, "I hope not!" So, take it for what it was. Thus far, no extra charges! :)

Some of the minor inconveniences:
1. Television remotes did not work. This is minor so we did not really care. We rarely watched any television on our trip and it was a bit annoying that anytime we wanted to change the volume/ channel, we had to get up and do so. A reminder to be thankful for modern conveniences back home eh!?!? :)
2. The water pressure is terrible. I think they have gone more green to make it efficient. It's just hard to enjoy the medium heated shower when it has such weak pressure. Not a big deal for us though.
3. The shuttle times and drivers are to be desired. I think they don't like their jobs so they are somewhat short with people and indirect. We had two of them tell us that they didn't drive to Celebration at Old Town and we had been taking the shuttle with them for three or four days. After telling them exactly where we were staying, the one guy was like, "Oh yeah, I go there!!!" Of course you do- we knew you did!!!! Plus, the times are like 6 pm, or 10 pm and anytime you go, it'll be super busy and the bus will be packed! So, just hope you can get on quickly and sit down. Too bad they did not have an 8pm pickup time in there to break it up. Also, the earliest time you can go is 10 am and it takes at least 20 minutes to get there. It'd be nice if they had another early pickup time. Thankfully they make three trips in the morning as well.

We got what we paid for and were pleased with it. We didn't pay a lot and we did not have high expectations. It's great and cheap if you are traveling on the cheap side. If you are not looking for cheap, this may not be right for you. I've stayed worse places so I cannot really complain. It was comfortable for us and we enjoyed ourselves and I can confidently recommend it, but make sure you get the updated suites that are close to reception! :)

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
CelebrationSuitesGM, General Manager at Celebration Suites, responded to this review, June 29, 2010
We appreciate you taking the time to review Celebration Suites at Old Town. By sharing your feedback about your experience you are helping us to make even more memorable vacations. We also want to thank you for your patronage and good nature towards any issues you encountered.

We take pride in making sure our guests are comfortable in our suites. For this reason, we encourage guests to let us know when they encounter something this is not up to their standards or is not functioning properly so that we can address the matter as soon as possible. We have a 24-hour maintenance staff which responds to individual guests needs, and many issues, especially a remote controller, would take only seconds to fix or replace.

Our theme park shuttle service is provided by a third-party that we have an excellent relationship with, and I have given your review to their management team so that we can work together to improve this service. This company makes every attempt to schedule shuttles in a manner that will allow the most people to get the most value out of their time at the theme parks. I apologize for any inconveniences this caused for your stay.

Thank you again for the kind words and your attention to detail in this review. I share reviews with all of my staff to ensure that we are all aware of what standards we need to exceed and where we may need to improve. We hope to see you in Kissimmee again very soon!
Dade City
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2010

My mother and I travel to Orlando at least once a month and stay at the same hotel each time. I thought I would like to try another motel and decided to check out Celebration Suites. BAD idea. I walked in and asked to see one of the room as I don’t stay anyplace I can’t preview the accommodations. I have NEVER been refused a review of any room EXCEPT at Celebration. I could not believe it when they said “we don’t allow any preview of our rooms we have them showing on the screen in the lobby so you can see what they look like”. I informed her that the rooms always look good on web pages and TV screen but are often far different in person. Consequently, we will not be staying there. NO PREVIEW - NO STAY.

Stayed June 2010
Thank you for making us aware of your experience when you visited Celebration Suites. We take reviews very seriously, because we know that listening to our guests and potential guests is the best way to improve our hotel.

I would like to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced. We do show rooms upon request, and you should not have been denied that opportunity. I have brought this issue to the attention of the Front Desk Management and staff to ensure that this will be an isolated incident and is not repeated in the future.

I certainly understand your interest in seeing a room prior to staying at a hotel, and I can appreciate your frustration. I would like to invite you back next time you are in Orlando, because I am confident that you will not only be shown a room, but also that you will feel right at home at Celebration Suites. We truly appreciate our feedback, and we hope to see you again soon!
Munich, Germany
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2010

Since the hotel was supposed to be completely renovated, the disappointment about our room was great. The only thing positive about the room was the bed, the mattress was very good, firm and clean. The TV did not work. The chest of drawers was missing the knobs. The shower curtain still had the soap and shampoo from the last guest (on the inside folds). The curtain of the window/door to the small balcony was partially hanging down.
Since we had stayed in the hotel before the changing of the name and the so called renovation I can only say we were greatly disappointed.
On the morning of the checkout I told the receptionist/clerk about the findings or complaints. She just said -- SORRY.
After a couple of days I received an email from the hotel to ask about our experience in the hotel and if we were satisfied or not. If not we supposed to contact the management and inform them of our grievances. I did that, but until now – 3 weeks later – no reply has been given.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
I want to thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experiences at Celebration Suites. Reviews such as yours help us to improve our hotel to benefit our guests even more.

We are towards the end of the renovation process, but we are not completely renovated. A portion of the property is, however, and we recommend that anyone who desires a renovated room book a Superior Suite, several of which have new furniture in them. The rest of the hotel will receive new furniture in the Fall of 2010. We are also working on replacing carpets and linoleum floors as necessary to maintain a high level of comfort and guest satisfaction in each suite.

We encourage our guests to let us know immediately when something does not meet their standards. Next time you experience any issues with a suite, please call or visit the Front Desk so we can either have our maintenance and housekeeping teams address the issues or move you to a different suite if the situation can not be resolved in a timely manner. We are committed to satisfying our guests to the best of our abilities while they are visiting with us.

Every effort is made to respond to all guest comments and inquiries that are sent to us, and I am surprised to hear that you did not receive a response to your email. Please feel free to contact us again at info@suitesatoldtown.com so that we can address your concerns about your stay.

We truly appreciated the time you have taken to give us feedback on our performance. I share these reviews with everyone on my staff so that we are aware not only of any shortcomings in service, but also what our guests value most in their stay at Celebration Suites. We hope to see you in Kissimmee again soon!
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2010

If you are looking for a clean, economic place to stay near Disney then this is it. The room rates are awesome and the rooms are large, clean with amenities like refrigerator and microwave. We stayed here for about a week and made our own breakfast everyday before heading over to the parks. Saved us a ton of money and time. The grocery store is also within walking distance and many places to eat nearby. A shuttle is available to take the guests to the parks.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2010

We stayed at this hotel for 4 days. Rooms were spacious and clean. Staff was courteous and went out of their ways to help us. The old town carnival was next door to the suite which was very convenient. Overall, big thumbs up!!!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
Thanks for taking the time to write and my staff and I are delighted you had a great time with us. Please come again soon...there's always something going on at Old Town! From Thursday night bike nights, Friday Night Cruises & the famous Saturday Night Classic car cruise, there's something for everyone!

Been to Celebration Suites? Share your experiences!