“Disappointment” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Celebration Suites

Save Saved
You added Celebration Suites to your Saves list
Celebration Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5820 W. Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy, Irlo Bronson Hwy,, Kissimmee, FL 34746 (Formerly Suites at Old Town)   |
Special Offer
15% OFF
Ranked #30 of 157 hotels in Kissimmee
Atikokan
“Disappointment”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

The room was very dated and smelled of mildew, the beds were made untidy, the fridge was leaking water onto the floor from the fridge door, no screens on the patio doors so was unable to leave open without fearful of "things" getting in. Overall little care to detail in around the full suite.

Room Tip: We went to the front desk and requested a new room and was told that they are all alike but when we...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
CelebrationSuitesGM, Management at Celebration Suites, responded to this review, March 23, 2013
We're so sorry to hear about this, Kevin. We can assure you that our housekeeping and maintenance teams work very hard to make everyone feel welcome and comfortable in their suites. It appears that we have fallen short and we apologize for the oversights in the areas you mentioned, but we would have been happy to move you to another room if you had reported any of these to our Front Desk agents after check-in . Please, don't hesitate to ask next time as that is what we are there for - to provide service to you should you require it. We want you to enjoy your stay with us and in the Orlando area. Until then, thanks for your feedback. We'll continue to monitor and supervise our staff closely to minimize these situations. Being perfect is not easy nor is it always attainable in everything we do, but it's what we strive to do.

Best wishes,

1,206 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
The Inn on the River, Pigeon Forge
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

This hotel is as expected based on other reviews. The suites are large and spacious; however the bathrooms are tiny. The kitchen only has a two burner stove and ours had cleanser residue on it...we opted not to use it, even after we paid to rent the dishes, pots and pans. The suite was very clean and made it an acceptable location for our short weekend stay. The televisions are old and had horrible reception. The beds, including the Murphy bed in the living room, were adequate.

During my stay my room keys stopped working several times and the front desk, each time, asked if I had my keys by cell phone as if that would cause the keys not to work. I always kept my keys separate from my cell phone, never took them through any store security system or any of the other silly excuses they tried to use.

Also, while staying at this hotel, I was waiting outside my suite in my car for my daughter to run back for a forgotten item and a maintenance or housekeeping employee ran into my car with a large trash bin. He hit my car hard enough to move it. When I got out to check for damages, he told me it was my fault.

Horrible customer service. I would never recommend this hotel nor will I ever go back.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
CelebrationSuitesGM, Management at Celebration Suites, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
We pride ourselves on providing a comfortable, welcoming environment for families, and as such, we are very sorry to learn of your disappointment. We would like to take this opportunity to address your concerns.

We apologize for the state of your stove. All of our appliances are cleaned regularly, but it seems that we may not have done quite a thorough job based on your description. We wish we could have handled this during your stay, as our housekeeping team would have been happy to resolve the issue for you.

Like many hotels, we sometimes have difficulty with our key card system. There are many factors that can cause electronic key card readers to not work. This is certainly an inconvenience and we can completely understand your frustration.

The parking lot incident you have described is completely unacceptable. That said, we would like to investigate this matter further, and we will be discussing your comments with our entire staff immediately as it was not reported to us earlier.

We thank you for providing your detailed comments and we apologize for your poor experience as Celebration Suites. Still, we want to make this right for you, so please don't hesitate to reach out via email at info@celebrationsuitesfl.com if you'd like to discuss this further. We hope to hear from you soon.

Regards,
Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Been going here for 20+ years. Great value, great location, great for families. The only real down side is that the pool temperature is WAY too cold. Some of the rooms are more outdated than others, but they are spacious and can sleep a lot of people. Also, sometimes house keeping is a little slow and barely speak any English. They are no frills, but an overall good value.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
It's so good to hear from a guest who has been staying with us as long as you have! Thank you for making us your vacation headquarters, Beth, and for sharing your thoughts—your feedback will definitely help us as we work to better ourselves. We look forward to your next visit!

All the best,
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

We stayed 3 night, location was convient, but after coming back after our day at Disney our room door was left open (by who ever cleaned) some things were missing and they acted like it want there problem!! My family will never go back!! Thiefs!!! And there were ants everywhere!! On kitchen counters, bathroom counters. Very disappointed...

• Stayed March 2013
Although we're glad that you were satisfied with our location, we are very sorry to learn of your displeasure. We would like to take this opportunity to address your concerns.

As a hotel intent on providing outstanding service, we do everything we can to ensure that our guests feel safe and comfortable. Our staff works diligently to create a welcoming space, and with their years of experience, we do not believe that they were involved in this incident. However, if there is ever an incident of reported theft, we will work with you to immediately report it to the local authorities as we certainly want things reported and investigated as much as you do. Our business is dependent on the trust place in our staff and we hold that trust as being of the highest importance. So, please, make certain any incidents such as these are reported to us immediately when you discover it and we assure you it will be investigated. Our Director of Security is also a former LEO.

We take all the necessary measures to prevent pests, and as such we take reports of pests very seriously. We will certainly investigate this further with our 3rd-party state-licensed and certified pest control company.

As a locally owned business, we truly appreciate all of our guests' feedback. We would still be happy to discuss this with you further, so please don't hesitate to reach out to us at info@celebrationsuitesfl.com if you would like to discuss this further. Thank you.

Best,
Cleveland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

Don't expect the frills of the Ritz, they don't have them. The rooms were clean and the price was right. Close to the parks and everything you need. It was family friendly, the staff was great and friendly. Easy check in and lots of parking. Walking distance to lots of restaurants and stores.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Between our location, neat rooms and friendly staff, it sounds like you had a wonderful time with us! However, we're a bit confused about your rating, Mark: What brought you to 3 stars? Let us know by writing us at info@celebrationsuitesfl.com and we'll be sure to relay your comments to our team. Until then, thanks for your kind words. We hope to welcome you back next time you're in Florida.

Warm regards,
Palm Bay, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

I love this hotel, every time I come to Orlando this is where I stay. You get so much space for such a great price. The only issue I had on my last visit is that when I went to check in there was a long line and all but two (the other 4) of the staff decided they needed to take a break at that exact time. So the wait was 15-20 minutes just to check in. Also, a complementary breakfast by definition means that it's free, if you are charging people for breakfast it is NOT complementary. Otherwise, the hotel was clean, and spacious and staff were reasonably friendly. I stayed March 1, 2013. :)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for making us your vacation headquarters, Crystal! Your feedback is invaluable, especially since you have spent so much time with us. We want to be available to our guests at all times, so we will certainly relay your comments to our team to make sure that they're gracious and accommodating at every turn. Thank you for sharing that with us. We look forward to welcoming you back!

Warm regards,
Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

My letter of complaint to the person who made my reservation and did not respond...says it all...

Diane,

I would like to let you know about our recent stay.
This will be the last time that me or my family stays with Celebration.
I have stayed at this hotel for years (before it was ever celebration). We checked in on Friday night, noticed that we had no sheets for the sleeper sofa, counters and table were dirty, broken armoire, and the room had a musty smell and to top it off there was a used tampon on the floor next to the bed.

When I made my reservation, I did not add my dog,(that we usually bring) because we had a pet sitter. unfortuantely to our surprise we had to retrieve him around 11AM on Sunday morning before going to Universal. We put him in the room with the intention of coming to the office to pay whatever fee that wa required. When we got back to the room, at aprox 7pm we were locked out. My husband went to the office to explain, and the young girl in the front would not accept any explanation, now we are waiting outside with my 4 yr old grandson and 2 month old granddaughter waiting to get back in the room....She then proceded to charge us $282 for having the dog in the room and wanted us to check out. I was very upset at this point, and I told her we have been coming for years, and I always pay the pet fee when I brought him and she would not work with us.

So I am not very happy to say the least that I had to put out that much money, when I could have just been charged the pet fee. I feel that this could have been handled very differently to keep customers happy and coming back....not to send them packing and can give negative reviews...

My husband and I ran motels for several years and we would have never done that to a customer.
I know the girl in the front had a job to do, but she could have done it differently.

When I checked out this morning I was explaing this to the woman in the front, that obviously didn't care to hear my complaint.
So hopefully you can pass this along to the right person, and maybe I can get some of my money refunded.. I was willing to pay for my dog...just didn't think that much!

Rae Ruiz

Be Blessed!

Not to mention the fact that they charge a resort fee...for what I have no clue...you have to pay for WIFI...have to pay for continental breakfast...vending machines broke...and the low rate of 69.99?? I never got that price unless I had a coupon and now they don't accept those anymore unless you are a walk in...and then they tell you they have no more rooms at that rate... Iwould think that a company would want to help thier guests not chase them away...very sad..I wil be trying other hotels in the area after aproximately 21 years of visiting Orlando area.

Rae,

As we discussed over email with you, we understand you are unhappy about the pet fee, but the Registration card you signed clearly stated that the suite was not to have any pets. Had you known a pet would be staying with you and called our Front Desk to let us know of your issue, we probably could have found a suitable solution (perhaps moving to a pet-friendly suite).

However, given that our housekeeping staff discovered the pet due to a noise complaint from another guest next door to you (pets in unapproved suites can cause damage to the carpet and create problems for future guests that are sensitive to allergies), we had to put the suite you were in offline for 2 days so it could be deep-cleaned, steam-cleaned, and sanitized. All of which are expensive and time-consuming. We have specially-designed suites for pets that do not have carpet in them and those are designated for pets.

We are sorry about the situation but we were clear about the hotel policies at check-in (you have to sign that you acknowledge them) and of course, you could always call our Front Desk and make a request to accommodate your needs. We always will do our best to work with those who are forthright with us.

Best,
Celebration Suites Management

Been to Celebration Suites? Share your experiences!