“Not very friendly and unorganized” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Celebration Suites

You added Celebration Suites to your Saves list
Celebration Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5820 W. Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy, Irlo Bronson Hwy,, Kissimmee, FL 34746 (Formerly Suites at Old Town)   |
Ranked #31 of 158 Hotels in Kissimmee
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Not very friendly and unorganized”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

The trip started by entering the room and there was a baby roach crawling up the wall. We found 2 more before our stay ended the next day. They stated that a continental breakfast was available for hotel guests. Everyplace I have every stayed that meant included in the nightly price....not here. We awoke the next morning heading to the registration area where normally breakfast is served.....no... it is two buildings away. We arrived at the "continental breakfast" to find hostess cupcakes, rice krispy treats and donut gems, pop tarts. We were not informed we had to have a slip of paper to entitle us to one item per person per room. They were so kind to let us know also that they could charge this item to our room for a small fee of $1.89 per item per person. ARE YOU KIDDING ME. Couldn't wait to get out of there.

Room Tip: I don't think there are any.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
CelebrationSuitesGM, Management at Celebration Suites, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
We're very sorry to learn of your disappointment. Although we wish that we were able to resolve these issues during your time with us, we are happy to address your concerns now.

As an establishment committed to providing a clean and hospitable environment, we take pest control very seriously. We don't often receive complaints like this, but we would have moved you to another room had you reported this to the front desk. That said, we will be sure to investigate this further to protect out future guests.

While our breakfast area is located in a different building, we have always felt that our offerings were typical of the standard continental breakfast. However, we apologize if our pricing was not made clear during your visit. We will certainly keep that in mind as we move forward.

Thank you for taking the time to bring your concerns to our attention. As a hotel intent on improving, we are confident that your candid words will allow us to better ourselves for future guests. We would be happy to discuss this with you at length, so please don't hesitate to call if you'd like to continue the conversation.

Best,
Celebration Suites Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (205)
Summerville, South Carolina, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

This hotel is old and consists of several buildings. It's in a noisy, busy area right next to Oldtown. But I was surprised how clean and modern the lobby was. I was not impressed w/ the decor of my room, but it was clean and there were enough beds for all 8 of us! The mattresses were very comfortable and running the fan really dulled the commotion from Oldtown. The separate living room, kitchen and bedroom really gave us a lot of space to spread out. The pool was well-maintained, even on an unexpectedly warm day in January. We enjoyed the sliding door that opened onto a small concrete patio next to the parking lot for easy loading and unloading. The full-sized refrigerator and freezer was a huge bonus. And the kitchen table comfortably seats 4. The continental breakfast was odd because you pay a little extra for your ticket to get in, and you are only allowed 3 items (plus unlimited coffee and hot tea). The server there (Tatiana) had a fantastic attitude and spoke 4 languages. She remembered my kids and was very patient when they took a long time to choose their 3 items.

Overall, we enjoyed our stay and will probably go back because a suite at this hotel is much cheaper than buying 2 rooms elsewhere for our large family, and it was clean enough to make me comfortable. If we only had 2 or 3 kids, we would probably choose something more updated and luxurious. But for our family--and our-budget--this was perfect!

Room Tip: Ask for a recently renovated room away from Oldtown. I would also request a 1st-floor room as I did...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
It's such a pleasure to offer a clean, comfortable refuge for families on a budget. To address your point about our suites' decor, we would like to mention that we are constantly making the necessary updates to make our guests' stay even better. If you have any further suggestions, we'd love to hear them! That said, we couldn't be happier to hear how much you and your children enjoyed your time with us. Thank you for taking the time to sing our praises, Angela. We look forward to welcoming you back! Please tell your friends and family- the vast majority of our business is repeat business and referrals!!

Best wishes,
Slidell, Louisiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

This was so-posed to be my last Trip to Disney World ! I have Stage 4 cancer and wanted to spend some time with our Grand kids and great Grand kids , while I was still able !

I was making reservations for 1 Big Suite For 8 People ! I also had 2 Poodles with us and the Advertising said that it is pet friendly and 2 Minutes from Disney ! Wrong ! It was a 20 Minute Drive by Shuttle and the Driver drove reckless ! So the next day we went by Car : to find out that it cost $14 to park at Disney ! Are you kidding me ?
The Old Town was nice and loud ! Not very close to the Rooms
2 days before we got there they called and told me that they only have 2 separate Suits !
Well , the whole Idea was to be together ! But ok , we where next door to each other ! Since they had a 72 Hour Cancellation Notice we could not go somewhere else !
It was advertised that FREE Continental Breakfast ! Not true , you had to pay for Voucher's in Order to eat ! FREE WiFi was only FREE in the " Special " Area at the Hotel , not in the Rooms so NO I was not happy ! The only one that was friendly was the Lady that checked us in and a Man named Clarence who also was so nice !

Room Tip: Please be careful when you plan a Trip ask the right Questions or stay in Disney World ! I would not...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
CelebrationSuitesGM, Management at Celebration Suites, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Petra,

First, please allow us to express our sincere condolences in regards to your illness. We are in awe of your strength as you take strides to enjoy time with your family. That said, we wish that we had been able to make a better impression during your most recent visit.

Your comments are troubling, particularly those involving our communication habits: We should have been in touch with you regarding our available rooms several days prior to your arrival. We apologize for that, and for not being more clear about the parking situations at the individual parks. We will certainly keep this in mind for future guests.

Thank you for taking the time to leave such comprehensive feedback—it will certainly be of great aid as we move forward. We wish you and your family the very best.

Regards,
Bournemouth
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

Well lets put it this way I stayed here with my family and my mother for three weeks in Sept 2012 and its taken me this long to think of something to say. Management don't bother to come up with excuses by answering this as I am not interested. We will never stay here again this was my mothers 4 th visit and she recommended we stay here but never again.
The first room we moved within 10 mins the 2nd room we has overlooked a car park felt extremely unsafe as the locks on the patio door not very secure my husband had to lift up the patio door to lock it. I really can't be bothered to go into but just don't stay here.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Sharon,

We're sorry that you were disappointed with your stay last September, especially following your mother's recommendations. We wish that we were able to resolve these issues during your time with us, and we will certainly discuss your comments to discover the areas in need of improvement. Still, we'd be happy to continue this conversation with you. Please don't hesitate to call us at (407) 396-7900 if you'd like to talk.

All the best,
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013 via mobile

Was looking for pet friendly hotel; just had no idea they would stick us in the older section bc of dog. Walls were thin, could hear Old Town till 2am, could hear the people walking outside of your room, old faded wood floors stunk, no door sign for those that wanted to sleep in(thank God for the door chain)!! Also, paid for late checkout; but they cut our water off way too early to run us out. I will NEVER consider this place again and I would NOT recommend this place to anyone; not even the homeless.

• Stayed January 2013
CelebrationSuitesGM, Management at Celebration Suites, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
We're very sorry to learn of your disappointment. While we are in the midst of making the necessary upgrades for our guests, we would have been happy to move you to another room that better suited your needs. Furthermore, we apologize for the issue with your water. We are unable to cut off an individual room's water supply, so I can assure you that this was not done intentionally. That said, we want to make this right for you. Please do not hesitate to call if you would like to discuss this further. Until then, thank you for your candid feedback.

Best wishes,
Euless, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

This was my first time at this hotel and I was quite impressed. Staff is very friendly. What stood out was that my baby's crib was already set up upon our arrival.

The room was very spacious, and clean!

Room Tip: I would recommend the 1-bedroom suite for four. It comes with a sleeper sofa. It worked out perfect...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
CelebrationSuitesGM, Management at Celebration Suites, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
It sounds like you had a lovely stay, Erum! Thank you for taking the time to sing our praises on TripAdvisor. We'd love to welcome you and your family back again next year!

Warm regards,
Charlotte, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

When I booked a room a month ahead I asked for two rooms with two double beds in each room. The customer service rep confirmed this on the phone. On the way to Florida I called to confirm and again was assured we would have two rooms with two double beds in each room. When we checked in at the front desk, I asked for a third time. Once we were in the room and discovered there was no second bed in one of the rooms I promply called desk services. The front desk told me that the fold out bed from the wall in the living room was the second bed. I asked for the manager and was told he was in a meeting (at 7pm). When I expressed that I wasnt happy because I was assured so many times, the response was that I could recieve a refund back of the resort fees ($5.00) or I could check out! The facility was sub par and could be very nice is updated. Though it was not immaculate, we slept there for one night. It is for sure that only surface cleaning is done each day. When we closed the door to our room the mirrow behind the door had greasy handprints. The sheets were clean but the smell and condition of the room was aweful. When the fold down bed came out of the wall, there was crud and inches of dust and grime. The blinds in both rooms were not big enough to pull across the width of the windows/sliding glass doors and people could look into your bedrooms at night. It was scary for even an adult to dress in the room. Our room was outside some big unit that may have been air or heat. Sounded like we were on a cruise ship all night. When I asked for the manager to call after the meeting I recieved a return call from the front desk clerk saying the manager would not call back and he would not refund our money. He didnt even have the customer service skills to return my phone call personally.I will never stay here again or recommend this facilty to anyone. A minimum amount of customer service would have sufficed. I would say poor cleaning, poor upkeep, poor maintenance and poor leadership.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
We're sorry to hear about this, Paige. As we are frequented by families, we have found the convenience of Murphy beds to be ideal for our guests. However, it appears that we should have been more clear about the set-up of our rooms. We apologize, and we will certainly keep this in mind as we move forward.

The conditions you described are also quite troubling. Our housekeeping staff takes all of the necessary measures to ensure that each suite lives up to our standards, but it seems that we have fallen short. Again, we apologize for the inconvenience.

Lastly, the customer service that you experienced is extremely disappointing. No matter how busy we were, we should have made it a point to speak to you either over the phone or in person. We feel that several of these issues could have been resolved, and we are sorry that we were unable to attend to you in a more professional manner. That said, we still want to make this right for you, and we would be happy to discuss this with you further. Thank you for leaving such detailed feedback. We hope to hear from you soon.

Best,
Celebration Suites Management

Been to Celebration Suites? Share your experiences!