“Great Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #39 of 158 Hotels in Kissimmee
Newfoundland
“Great Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

Checked into the hotel on March 5th, 2014 departed March 12th, 2014.

This place was great and exactly as discribed. Everything went smoothly at checkin and the service was excellent. Very polite and friendly.

The rooms were extremely clean and housekeeping staff were around every morning with clean towels and for whatever you needed.

There are three buildings A, B & C. We stayed in building B. The only fault I had was that it is located just off a very busy street. It's parking lot is shared with a FastTrac Gas station making it very loud. The gas station has a great Ice Cream bar and there is everything and not overpriced there if you need it.

Minor details after being in the room for a week we found was that there was no handels on the cabinet doors, fan was a bit loud in the bathroom, another garbage can in the dining area is needed and there was no tissues.

I would highly recommend this place to anyone travelling to Orlando, the price is really a bargin for what you get.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Richboro, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the hotel for one night on our way to Spring Training in Tampa. The neighborhood is kind of iffy - lots of check cashing businesses and pawn shops. The hotel is at a large intersection and right on the road, adjacent to a big gas station. The rooms all have exterior doors and are visible from the road.
We booked 2 rooms a month beforehand and when we got to the hotel, the rooms were in completely different buildings. My husband and I had to split up and each stay with a kid -there was no way we were letting our teenagers stay alone.
My room did look like the picture on the website, with the granite countertops in the "kitchen." What the pictures don't show are the cheap mattresses and lack of curtains on the windows. There were only blinds and a light outside the door, so the room didn't get dark. I suppose that was better though, as there was only a thin chain lock on the door in addition to the card lock. I heard people outside until late, then there was a train that came by several times during the night.
Apparently, I got the better room - my husband's had no lights at all except in the bathroom - not overhead, or lamp.
I know the rooms were inexpensive, but it wasn't worth it, as no one really slept that night. Yes, the hotel is newly renovated, and I'll give the cleaning staff credit for trying with the animal towels on the beds. But the outside light and noise, and lack of security made our stay horrible. There is no way I would have stayed a second night.
Also, the hotel is 9 miles from Disney if anyone is considering staying there for that purpose. It may be in Kissimmee, but it's far away from WDW.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Indian Trail, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

The hotel room was clean. This is a very good place for a few night stay. Floors are tile so any noise above you will be heard. Otherwise a nice clean hotel with a friendly staff. About 20 min. away from Disney World.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Pembroke Pines, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014 via mobile

My main criteria with a value hotel is: Not Gross. This hotel wins points for the fact that the rooms actually look just like the pictures advertised - modern, newish, nice kitchenette. We were pleasantly surprised to find the room looking as nice as the website made it seem. The bed is firm, as other reviewers noted, but that's a personal preference as to how bad that is. The closet was so shallow we couldn't put a single thing in there, but that's not a deal breaker because the room was: Not Gross.

The only big drawback for us was the sub par customer service. Apparently they only have a cleaning service at certain times of the day, so since we came back mid-day for our young kids to nap, we apparently missed the window of opportunity and therefore our room was not cleaned during our two day stay. There are dishes in the kitchenette, but no dish soap, so since we had missed house keeping, we asked the front desk how we could solve the problem of having no clean dishes for breakfast the next morning. They said they did not have any dish soap to give us, neither would they send extra clean dishes. I feel like, in the hospitality industry, if a guest has a legitimate and non-high maintenance request, it's customary for the business to do what it takes to find a solution. Apparently not here.

So overall we were average-level pleased with the hotel: it was Not Gross, well priced, and while the customer service isn't going to win any awards, the first two pros compensate for that.

• Stayed March 2014
Goldsboro, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

I found this hotel on Trip Advisor and was very excited about the reviews!! We booked our room for 3 nights and paid 50 bucks a night! Unbelievable price for the quality! Our room was VERY clean and we loved the tile floors and porcelain tub! The owner was VERY kind and we loved there was security at night. We also enjoyed the pool, the large fridge and freezer, and huge flat screen tv. The ac also worked like a charm!! I would of given this hotel an excellent rating if: the key would of worked at 11 pm on our second night there after being at Magic Kingdom all day (I've read other posts about the same thing). Also if the microwave was functioning and we weren't on the third floor (there is only one elevator and it wasn't close to our room and I'm 6 months pregnant and our 3 year old was with us) <- I also need to add, we didn't complain about any of these inconveniences as we were too blessed to have such an affordable and nice place to stay.

Stayed March 2014
Newburyport, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

I love this hotel. I stayed 8 nights here. I was resistant because at the moment of booking it has 2 reviews only. The lobby close at 9;00 p.m. I found out thanks to someone else's review in here so I called them and made sure that even though I was going to be there at 11;30 p.m. I would be able to get into my room. The security guard ( a very nice female, can't remember her name but has short hair, who helped us with our suitcases) gave us the key and I was very surprise with the room.

The room were like new, nice beds, nice pillows, clean towels, full size fridge, microwave and a plasma tv. The wifi was good. They asked every day if you needed clean towels or anything. The staff was super friendly specially the manager Mr. Adolfo ( I think that's his name). The woman at the front desk, the women who clean the rooms everyone was super nice and attentive. Thanks so much for making my vacations so wonderful.

They have a grill by the pool so if you like you can use it, they provide the utensils. They have a washer machine and a dryer that you can use free of cost. The pool area was always clean, and they have pool towels that you need to get them at the office.

Is next to a gas station ( our room was A218 so even though it was next to it it wasn't loud at all) Is whiting 15 mins of Florida Mall, Disney and Seaworld. There is lot of places where to eat. Ranking form Indian food to Hispanic food and the regulars fast food. Everything whiting 2-3 minutes distance. Also a big grocery Publix, Kmart, Walmart, cvc and walgreens whithin 2 blocks away.

Everyone treat us really nice, its felt home away from home.

Cons; Cabinets needs knobs!. It was hard to opened them. But other than that it was PERFECT.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms that are in the building A.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
daytona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

First the good...our room was lovely. It was a beautiful room, well furnished in pristine condition. The location was close to campus I wanted to get to, while not in the hub of the tourist district., another plus. The staff there was very friendly, very personable, very helpful. Their security even helped us take our bags to our room.
There is a downside, sadly, but i think with time and experience this will be resolved. We arrived late, I had called ahead to let them know we would be, and was informed the lobby would be closed but security would have our keys. When we got there we drove around for about 10 minutes looking for security and were about to leave and find other lodging when she showed up. She had been busy with other guests, which is entirely understandable. She checked up in and took us to our room where we discovered our keys didn't work. We were effectively locked in our room for the night.
The next morning we went by the lobby and explained our key problem. We were told that we were given the wrong room, They gave us another set of keys which we tried and they worked, so all was well. We came back to our rooms later that evening only to find our keys no longer worked. We again had to search out security before we could be let in our room and locked in for the night. Again.
These weren't major inconveniences, but they could have been had we wanted to go out again. The price was good and the rooms were nice, It had a lot of nice features.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Satisfaction Orlando Resort? Share your experiences!