“Excellent Food” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Excellent Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

We had an excellent dinner here. The food was fantastic and the service was very good as well. The wait time was not very long. Great restaurant!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Warren
“Noise noise noise!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Inconsiderates bring in their screaming children and really ruin a night. The food and service was OK but not removing parents of screaming children was too much for me. This place is more like a nursery than a restaurant.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Winchendon, Massachusetts, United States
“The waitress needs to be cloned”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

We visited Red Lobster for Sunday dinner. The restaurant was busy but we were led to a table as soon as we entered. My mom is 93 and walks with a cane. We asked for a table close to the entrance. Instead, we were led to the rear of the restaurant and, to make matters worse, the hostess walked all around the room before seating us at a table that could have easily been reached without the excess walking. The waitress made our day! She arrived on the scene quickly and spoke directly to my Mom, who was a bit steamed. We ordered non-alcoholic beverages which came quickly. She took our food order and quickly brought soup and really good tasting biscuits. They were warm and delicious! The soup (Clam Chowder) was tasty and hot. The salad was crisp and included many items, such as cucumber and tomato, onions, and croutons. The dressing was chilled and delicious. The main course was brought within a reasonable amount of time. It was excellent. My Mom had tilapia which was grilled. It came with a baked potato and cole slaw. Mom loved this. I had the shrimp on 2 skewers with two huge scoops of mashed potatoes. There was enough to take home. Dessert was equally excellent --- a nice, warm brownie with ice cream and caramel sauce. Even though the food was outstanding, the best part was the wonderful service by a caring, multi-tasking waitress.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Calgary, Canada
“Superior Chain Restaurant Experience!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

So I expect that most people have been to a Red Lobster. So we are not talking about a high end experience or anything trendy. This Red Lobster was like others that we have been to but I felt compelled to say a few words about this one in Kissimmee. We had just been to a very expensive restaurant for New Years so I thought the comparison would be interesting.

Decor, nice enough but will give the edge to the high end. Ambiance would easily have to go to the other restaurant too. Reception was very good at both places, so call it a tie. Although I should say that the hostess at the RL was 10 times as busy and handled it very well. Service, well our waiter at the Red Lobster new how to serve properly which is more than I can say at the other place. It is not likely that you can depend on this but still..? Interestingly enough the food was very good at the Red Lobster: fresh, nicely seasoned, hot and nicely presented. I won't say that the food at the high end place was bad but at 3x the cost it really wasn't any better.

So while I have had great meals at high end restaurants you have to give places like the Red Lobster there due.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Pa
“Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

The tv advertisements always make me want to eat at RL. when I leave, I am always a bit let down. Typical chain restaurant food.

Visited January 2013