“NASTY FILTHY MOLDY STAY AWAY” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Rodeway Inn Kissimmee

You added Rodeway Inn Kissimmee to your Saves list
Rodeway Inn Kissimmee
1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4559 West Irlo Bronson Memorial Highway, Kissimmee, FL 34746   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #124 of 160 Hotels in Kissimmee
Kissimmee, Florida
“NASTY FILTHY MOLDY STAY AWAY”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

I booked on the internet and paid in advance. The pictures online looked good but don't be deceived. Upon arrival I was given a key to a room that was not cleaned. Second room was no better. Reeked of MOLD, pillows reeked of sweat. Sheets had stains not to mention blanket and comforter. Room was filthy & nasty. No coffee in room. Had to pay .25 for ice. $2.00 per was and $2.oo to dry laundry. Paint peeling off the walls and ceiling. Roaches and bugs. Pool was green. Remote was missing and went to the front desk and was given one that didn't work. Owner does no maintenance. Towels were stained and nasty. Service was horrible. Shady guests lurking outside, didn't feel safe and the door lock was broken. Couldn't stand it, got out after 1 night even though I paid for 2. Take my advice stay somewhere else, I can't say one nice thing about this place.

Room Tip: My tip is stay away. Learn from my horrible experience.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

When making the coffee the staff adds 6 spoons of coffee, for the second pot they add to the already all brewed coffee 1 spoon and brew again. Until the big pitcher in lobby is full. At the end of breakfast the pitcher is unplugged and coffee remains inside until next morning that they plug it in again for guest to drink. Water is added to the milk to make it last longer. And the best of all clean up time. A toilet brush is used to clean all the pitchers where u drink your juice and coffee out of. Discusting right. Working there is a nightware

• Stayed September 2012
Kissimmee, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

The coffee is never thrown out - it is recycled and sometimes several weeks old before refreshed with a new pot. The so-called continental breakfast is served stale and infested with germs by the same hands that clean the bathroom, without gloves. The rooms are beyond saving (roaches, ants, snakes, lizards, stains, filth). Don't expect any kind of service whatsoever. If you manage to get to speak with the manager or his wife, good luck trying to understand what they say since neither speaks English very well. Did I mention they both reside at the hotel and yet are not available to speak with customers to discuss anything. I have heard the female owner tell the front desk clerk to say to customers "the manager does not want to talk with you," in clear earshot of the customer. These people have absolutely zero manners, or professionalism. They simply do not have any common decency in running an honest business whatsoever. If you stay here, I guarantee that you will regret it. Avoid this hell hole! There are plenty of far better hotels in the area at the same price range; several are even less expensive while providing far better accomedations and service. After an altercation with one of long-term residents at this hotel, and a little investigative search, it was discovered that there are several sex offendors permanently residing there, of which the management is fully aware and does not care to address!

Room Tip: Does not matter where you stay at the hotel, if you are lucky enough to get a room with an actual wo...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
DeBary, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

We live in the central FL area and my daughters were playing in a week-long softball tournament at ESPN/WWOS -- between the convenience, gas-saving and wear and tear on the vehicle, I decided it would be better to just stay in Kissimmee for the event. Our original reservation was for 7 nights but decided to go a day early so we didn't have to rush. While many reviews of this hotel were negative, I chose this hotel based on info from it's website (http://www.rodewayinn.com/hotel-kissimmee-Florida-FL768). The pics are NOTHING like it's actual physical state and are completely misguiding. The hotel's exterior is rundown and dirty, the landscape is overgrown, and with weeds instead of flowers as depicted; the pool is not clear and well maintained as depicted - it is green and has no smell of chlorine; and our room was DEPLORABLE. It was filthy, the mattresses were stained/disgusting, the outlet covers were off the wall, bathroom was filthy and the shower moldy. When I sprayed bug spray around the base of the fridge (which had an empty beer can in the freezer part that I guess housekeeping missed when they allegedly 'cleaned'), German roaches scattered everywhere. Most of our 'neighbors' and people "hanging out" on the property appeared to be impoverished people, and quite possibly without a primary residence, as they seemed like they definitely were not there on vacation. It may be suitable for men who just need to stop-and-sleep a night but most definitely not a place to take your family for vacation, esp if you are a female parent traveling alone with children. Although cancellation time had expired for that evening, I went to the front desk to cancel the 7 night reservation. The man at the front desk (Mr. Lee, owner?) screamed at me and did not want to cancel my reservation, only to keep yelling at me that he would go look at the room. While apologizing to the 3 couples waiting behind me for the delay, they all advised they were there too to complain about their rooms.....one of them said their mattress was filthy/stained and had a "2' hole" in the middle of her mattress. The dining area, where I assume they serve their continental breakfast, is how it is pictured -- 3 tables -- however was no where near as clean as the picture depicts.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Auckland Region, New Zealand
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

We had been staying at Rodeway Inn Maingate and went to book another night online for the next day. Around 9am the next morning I realised that I had booked with them in error instead of with the other Rodeway Inn on West Irlo Bronson St (quite confusing having two hotels of the same name on the same street!). In my booking I specifically noted that I was currently staying at the hotel and wished to stay in the same room. When I realised my mistake I called and was told that despite this being an honest and easily made mistake I would still be charged the fee. I was really disappointed in this decision. Firstly, when they received the booking and saw no one of that name in that room, I would have thought that they might have realised an honest mistake had been made. Secondly, I called at 9.30am. This was less than 24 hours in advance however as check in was not until the afternoon I do not think they would have been unable to book the room. The hotel refused to refund any of my money and did not answer a follow up email that I sent. Yes, we made the mistake but the unfriendly, uncustomer focused response ensured that I would never stay with them again and would encourage others to avoid also.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Orlando, Florida, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

bad expirience,the minute my doughter an i steped inside the room we both stared snezzin all the towels were dirty and the beds clothes stink,had blood stains and smelled like cigarretes my doughther an i had had to go to get air freshner in the middle of the becaause the smellwas terrible!! my doughter coulnt sleep with her snezzing and so coulnt i I WILL NOT STAY IN THOSE HOTEL ROOM EVER AGAIN!! and i also lost all the money spent and i know im not going to get my money back for sure!! we had a reservation for june 8th trough june 14 and we coulnt make it trough te whole week we left the first day

Room Tip: make it better ,paint it and change all the cloth more maintence please!!!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Homer, GA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

I had booked four nights through Choice Hotels' website and the problems started as soon as we checked in. First off, when my wife & I had stayed at other Choice properties booked through their website we've paid upon checkout. This Rodeway clerk wanted full payment in advance. I told her no, that we've always paid upon checkout. She called her manager and the manager said I needed to pay at least one night in advance. I elected to pay for two nights and see what happened from there. I'm glad I did only 2 nights although I wish I had walked out of the lobby beforehand. The room had a weird smell when we walked in and as the "David D." review says, there were small ants on the sink and on the table. The microwave didn't work and the fridge wasn't even plugged in. The bed was very hard and the next morning my wife had to ask the housekeeper for more pillows just to make the 2nd night bearable. In addition the housekeeper "stole" a microwave from another room. Our room didn't have an iron and when I went to the front desk, the lady made me sign a piece of paper like checking out a library book. Come on, seriously? We should have had an iron to begin with and you're having me sign a piece of paper basically saying I won't steal your iron? We couldn't wait to check out this morning and get away from this Rodeway Inn as fast as we could. If you're looking to stay here, don't. Move on and find somewhere else. Choice Hotels needs to pull the franchise.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Been to Rodeway Inn Kissimmee? Share your experiences!