“Tarantino's A Real Find for New Yorkers” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Tarantino's Italian Restaurant

Tarantino's Italian Restaurant
4150 West Vine Street, Kissimmee, FL 34741-5131 (Downtown Kissimmee)
407-870-2622
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: Downtown Kissimmee
Clifton, New Jersey
“Tarantino's A Real Find for New Yorkers”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2011

Rather than going to the usual "chain" restaurants we ended up at Tarantino's and was not disappointed - terrific Italian food like you'd find in New York. The front desk and waiters are terrific as well. Keep this on in mind.

Visited December 2011

Daytona Beach, Florida, United States
“Home Away from Home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2011

I was shocked to read the negative reviews when I logged in to post mine. My experience was QUITE the contrary and I give Taratino's 5 stars! Read on...

A friend that works at the Tusker House, Disney Animal Kingdom, recommended Tarantino's...little did we know it had moved and was right on our path home each day @ 192 and Hoagland. After months of driving by, I suggested rather than a Disney Dinner we go and check out Taratino's. He agreed it was a great idea and so off we went!

It was Happy Hour and not only were the Happy Hour specials a delight, our waiter, Joseph, was even more delightful. We felt at home, away from home. You see, we're both from New York City and we've enjoyed most of Zagat's Top 50 in Manhattan! I'm here to tell you, this IS the place if you want to enjoy a restaurant, service, atmosphere and food like you had back home! This is 5 star quality at a fraction of the cost! The service was top notch, the place quaint and cozy, and the food, made to order with not an ingredient or quality spared; even the italian bread is flown in from the northeast. Deliciousio! You can make a meal out of wine, italian bread and olive oil with seasonings. We enjoyed the most delicious clams oreganato I've had in a looong time. Our entrees entailed hearty portions of eggplant parmesan and Chicken Piccatta that melts in your mouth. The entrees were so delicious that it was difficult to "save the other half" but we managed to do so. For dessert our waiter reccommended the Italian Cheesecake that was homemade with the traditional ricotta cheese instead of cream cheese like New York Cheesecase and it was OUT of THIS world! The best I've ever tasted anywhere!

This is a must on anyone's list that LOVES italian food, quality, service and an overall great experience!

We are going back in December for a surprise event. I hear it's beautifully decorated for Christmas. I'll be back to report and post some photos now that I know that's an option.

• Visited November 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Orlando
“Mixed experience, but good food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2011

We live several miles away in a large planned community. Tonight, we just drove down to 192 to look for a new and interesting place to eat and we found it.

The building looked nicely lit up from the outside. This used to be a Mexican place that we visited only one time and never went back. There were plenty of cars parked out front and this is the off-season for the tourist area, so that looked positive. We were thinking it was a family type, casual place because the sign out front was flashing "Pizza and Beer Special". A couple of things surprised us when we entered the place. We could see it was very well appointed and tastefully decorated for the Christmas season. I mean really nice. Kind of like what your decorating-nut-of-a-neighbor does. The tables all had white linens and cloth napkins on them. People were dressed nice and we were very casual in our attire. Most everybody had glasses of wine. There was Christmas music playing and it was at a nice sound level... enough to enjoy but not too loud so you can still carry on a conversation. However, the host who greeted us was in a T-shirt and shorts, tennis shoes with no socks, and very visible tattoos on his arm. The rest of the staff had a uniform look of black pants and white shirts. His attire was confusing and out of place.

He was very polite and sat us immediately. We were quickly presented with a menu and were a little put off by the prices. I looked at my wife and said "This place is searching for an identity." Between those first few minutes, we couldn't figure out if this restaurant wants to be high-end or casual. The decor, appointments, prices and wine say "high end"... but the sign and the host screamed "very casual". We were on the edge of leaving because we felt slightly out of place and we were not out to spend that much on dinner this night. But it was getting late and we decided to stick with it. I'm glad we did.

We received very good service throughout our experience. The salads came and my Caesar Salad was slightly old being a little limp and slightly soggy. After a short while, our main course came and my Lasagna was delightful. It was a large portion and was the perfect balance of pasta, cheese and sausage. It was seasoned just right and very tasty. My wife had the Chicken Marsala and she was also very pleased. We both agreed that the ingredients were fresh, well prepared and the dishes came to our table very hot. It was obvious that the time it took to get our main dishes was due to the chef preparing our food specifically for us and not prepared in advance and slapped on a plate. We had no room for desert.

We came away satisfied with our dinner experience. However, this restaurant needs some more consistency. If you are going to charge these prices - $15 to $25, then you need to have a properly dressed host, and your sign should not advertise beer and pizza. I don't recall seeing a menu posted outside the door, perhaps I just missed it, but if there isn't one... that would have been helpful. I felt this restaurant was a little out of place for what it was trying to be. It is in a corridor of eating establishments that are more geared towards serving a family with kids... tourists who are here for the theme parks. This place is more like a nice place to take a date, drink wine and eat fine food.

Now that we know a little more and were pleased with our food, we will probably be returning with friends or family. I hope this review helps.

• Visited December 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Kissimmee, Florida
“Best Italian in Orlando”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2011 via mobile

Having worked and eaten in Manhattan for thirty years, I feel that I know great cooking when I eat it. Tarantino's is great cooking.

This place coukd easily hold it own even with Manhattan competition. It is truly a quality restaurant with excellent food.

I see that many of the reviewers complain about location or poor service. I experienced none of those. Our waiter was attentive, informative and efficient. And although the location is easier found by locals than tourists, it is right off of 192 less than ten miles from the Disney gates.

Everything here is prepared fresh when you order it. Some people may find that a problem since it takes a few more minutes to be served but the dishes are well worth the wait. You can taste the fresh ingredients, well prepared and seasoned so as not to be typical Italian fare but quaity Italian cooking. There is no hiding poor quality with tons of tomato sauce here. They seem truly proud of every ingredient in their dishes.

I have not tasted such good quality baked clams in a long time and my eggplant parmesan was as plentiful as it was tasty. My partner had some melt jn your miouth mussels, far better than anything we had in a long time.

Menu choices were very varied to appeal to any craving one might have. Meat, fish, pasta, vegetarian-it's all here. There is also a nice wine list and perfectly prepared deserts. All dishes were plentiful and a great deal.

If you are in the Kissimmee area and tired of tourist food, take a few extra minutes and head over to this place to taste Manhattan quality dining at Kissimmee prices.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Florida
“When they moved they left all the good things behind!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2011

Tarantino's Italian Restaurant used to be located in the "Old" downtown part of Kissimmee. They have moved a good while back to Hwy 192 the tourist trap area of town.
The old building had that old world type of charm a kind of old warehouse that had been remodeled quit nicely. Most all the wait staff were older folks that gave you that old school service. Our regular waiter ran his tables like the captain of a ship, having the staff under him constantly removing the used dishes, refilling water and pouring wine all without getting in the road or being bothersome. We loved it! The food was fantastic always fresh and hot. If there was the slighest thing wrong it was taken care of immediately. Now the new place, as they try hard, forget it not even close. To start with we had 2 groups of family coming from different directions and when calling the resturant for directions these "kids" couldn't even give the simplest directions, and were passing the phone around to one another trying to explain where they were actually @ themselves. When we arrived we stood in the front area for a full 5 minutes before some kid comes out and asks if we need help. He asks how many and looks around as if they were packed, they were not. He walks away comes back a few minutes later and asks if we have reservations? Yes we do, doesn't even ask for the name. (?) Ok Food. Meat balls were not, as best we could tell homemade, the bread was probably made from pizza dough and very very chewy, oh and the wine was 2 for one should have been 2 for none the house wine was a bitter almost tanic tasting. My loster ravioli were all perfectly formed and uniform ? box/frozen maybe. Cutting to the end $151.00, $30.00 tip for 6 people $180.00, no way! Not worth it @ all. And the waiter tried way to hard asking 6 people individually how is your food? It took 20 minutes to get thru all of us. No cheese, crushed red pepper or olive oil on the table had to ask for it all. Cost cutting? I could go on but no.

• Visited October 2011