“Family of 8 (6 kids and two adults). Read for family oriented review.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of High Point World Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Kissimmee
High Point World Resort
2951 High Point Blvd, Kissimmee, FL 34747 (Walt Disney World Resort)   |
Ranked #39 of 157 hotels in Kissimmee
West Palm Beach, Florida
“Family of 8 (6 kids and two adults). Read for family oriented review.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

I felt compelled to write this review because of my expectations v. what it really was like.

Our family stayed here for spring break (last week of March 2012). I had much better stay here than I expected. It took about 13-15 mins to all the Disney parks v. 10 mins at other places we stayed but it didn't bother us. Because its located near a lot of hotels rather than other timeshares you will have LOTS of choices in restaurants (sit in OR fast food), souvenir shops, etc.

Building is much like townhomes and parking is right in front so its really convenient to unload the car (and to load back up to go home). Master room and second room is upstairs. Older building so the stairs are a bit small. I wear size 7 shoes and the staircase felt a little small for me.
If you tend to live out of your luggage like I do (until I bought some travel packs a month ago I never put my clothes in the dresser) you will find that you don't have any extra room in the bedroom. The bedrooms had separate shower area and sink area which is convenient when you have multiple people getting ready. The lights in the master bath area is VERY DARK and the vent is VERY loud.
The second bedroom was actually more roomier.

Kitchen is very small with very old appliances but it worked. Only thing was, pots and pans were missing. I had to shift my menu for the week when I made my trip to Publix (about 3.5 miles down the road). If you don't cook on vacation, there are LOTS of choices nearby. Some even within walking distance. We would often times stop by McDonalds or Wendys on our way to the park and eat our lunch before heading to the park. Anyways, for us thee was not enough garbage bags and dishwasher detergent (for our one week stay) but I told the front desk and it was taken care of. Not a big deal for me. There is one mid week towel change which you have to request. The staff comes around in a truck, takes your dirty towels, counts them and gives you back the exact amount you have given. Kind of weird, something I've never encountered but once again no big deal. We did have to take out our own garbage, and depending on which building you are in you might want to take your car to throw your trash away. Kind of annoying.

There is an enclosed patio with chair and table and my kids liked to congregate there and eat their breakfast. There's also a playground with lots of sand the kids would trek in and get all over the floor but inside the closet in the downstairs floor there is a small portable vacuum cleaner so that was nice.

We run a business where we need to be in touch with your employees overseas via internet couple of times per day so we were extremely disappointed to find that we did not have internet access in our rooms, in fact he had to go to the computer room next to the pool. It was inconvenient since he had to make two trips per day. Next to the computer room is also the laundry room (no there isn't a washing machine/dryer in the rooms).

We took Wednesday off to take a break from Disney and relax. Time for me to catch up on some sleep, take inventory of our food and let the kids relax in the pool. But first there was a BBQ by the playground. We left our building 15 mins after the assigned time for the BBQ. They almost ran out of food, we weren't the only ones clamoring for 99 cent hot dogs on generic white bread. After the "party", we headed to the pool.
The pool isn't that big or have any fun kid oriented gadgets but it's good for splashing around and cooling off in the hot weather. During this time there was also some karaoke entertainment. 80% of the people who partook the live music was 68 and older or 6 and under. But I appreciate the effort.
Despite the grounds looking like it hasn't seen a maintenance person in ages, I was surprised to find people working on the building and the grounds which was interrupted by the downpour of rain.
During this trip we were in the process of selling our house and needed to send the paperwork back to our realtor and needed a notary. I'm sure a need for a notary doesn't come up often during a vacation but it was convenient that one of the guys working at the office was a notary and we were able to take care of this. And this is where I requested extra garbage bags and dishwashing detergent and they were happy to accomodate.

We purchased a one bedroom timeshare when we had one child, but 6 kids later its really hard to exchange so when this place came up as an option I didn't want to exchange but my husband said why not. Because we got to use our timeshare and not let it go to waste, I was willing to put up with all the nuances of this building, but if I wasn't desperate I would probably be a lot more disturbed. I read reviews on various websites and was quite honestly dreading my stay (i.e. the dirty bedsheets in one review) but honestly, the building is OLD and a lot of their timeshare owners stopped paying their fees so evidently they didn't have enough money to do the upkeep it needed. Actually, during midweek when we got the newsletter to with let us know about the BBQ party, there was also a flier with information about owning one of their units. It was pretty cheap and by the entrance they had a vacancy sign with $99/night promotion. Despite all the bad, if we have a timeshare to use (like use it or lose it situation which this was) I would book this again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

92 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

Do not stay here!!!! The reviews saying this place is excellent are FAKE!!!!!!

Upon our arrival we heard a fight in the lobby.
The staff attendant was rude.
The area is extremely unsafe
The accommodations were awful-- rusted and dirty kitchen, dusty utensils, and an extremely uncomfortable sofa sleeper.
Towels only changed 2 times a week
Asked to take out our own trash
When we expressed concern to staff attendant, he suggested that we take that concern to our travel agency that we booked through and he did not apologize.. Even once.
We checked out the same night we checked in.

• Stayed June 2012
Barboursville, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

Nothing outstanding about this place, either good or bad. I've stayed in better and worse places. In the description of the resort, it said free internet. I wish they had stated that it was only available in the lobby and around the pool. That is certainly where I want to take my laptop, around splashing water. Most people probably don't have a problem with that, but it was important to us. That is the only reason I might not go back there. Otherwise it was clean, convenient and had plenty of room. It is an older property. They wanted an inventory sheet filled out, stripping of the beds and running the dishwasher before leaving. The timeshares I have stayed in never required any of that, except for maybe the dishwasher. So I turned the dishwasher on and we checked out a day early. That should give them extra time to take the sheets off themselves.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Hopkinton, New Hampshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

When we travel to the Orlando/Disney area, we have ALWAYS stayed in timeshare rentals off-park. For us this creates the best options fors meals etc. Having booked a little later than normal, we stayed here versus a place we were more familier with. The location was definately a Pro, as was the quite "Off the Drag" feeling, which can be hard to find in the Orlando area. The pool, small but very well The units are in need of some updates and could have benefited from small maintaince repairs, like painting and updated wallpaper. Also, we found the kitchens wanting and the entire unit could have been a little cleaner. We had a verycomfprtable stay, and would certainly consider returning, but not liekly our first choice.

Room Tip: We stayed in unit 607 which was a townhouse style Condo, and it was around the back of the resort, w...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

We had a weeks skiing in New Hapshire, followed by a couple of days in Boston then onto Florida for a weeks sunshine and shopping. This is an older timeshare resort, close to Disney but away from the shopping areas and main downtown. The pool is small and becomes shaded at times, but as the resort was not busy when we were there the pool size wasn't a problem. Numbers in the pool and beds would be an issue if all the units were full. Its a small resort, not on a par with the huge multi building/multi pool resorts we have been to before in Florida, but the 2 bed units were lovely. The one beds are small, and with 2 teenage sons we would have felt crammed in, so we updgraded at a cost to the 2 bed. It was a few years since we travelled to Orlando and its grown massively. We were astonished at how long it took us to get to International Drive, the traffic was awful. Bear this in mind whn looking at this resort as its great for Disney, not for much else. However with agood map you can bypass the main highways and get around town not too badly.

Room Tip: 2 beds good, one beds small and very little storage areas.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Tipton, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2012

The property in general is nice and seems well kept. It's a VERY average place. Kinda like staying with a friend that just isn't quite as clean as you are. The units are fine, was kind of expecting a little nicer though. The pool closes early and seems to be always filled with people, it's not very big. The hot tub the same way. It offers no real ammenities that a plain old hotel wouldn't offer. The bedspreads were not clean and you don't get a real feeling of cleanliness in the place. The furniture in the unit, especially the bedrooms, were really outdated. The road you drive in on is kinda shady/creepy. It's not set in a nicest of area's. The properties out front and around them are really run down and ominous looking. Our biggest complaint that is almost unforgivable is this smell. It started out subtle when we first walked in but by then end of our stay I was begging for the people to do something about it and they gave me some lame excuse about it being a lizzard maybe crawled into the fridge......ok, well do something about it! I got handed a can of Lysol.......seriously? Which I sprayed half a freaking can in the fridge, freezer, pulled it out and sprayed behind...etc. No difference except flowery scented stink. If you are planning to be gone all day every day at Disney or other activities then maybe this place would be ok. If you want to come back to a luxury resort then you might want to pick someplace else. I was nervous about going outside the resort in the parking lot at night and DEFINITELY wouldn't let my 6 year old son.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2012

There were good and bad aspects of this resort.

Good

Nice pool, hot tub, bbq area, playground, tennis court, basketball hoop and out door gym. The front desk will provide you with sports equipment.

3 bathrooms in the townhouse.

Nice covered porch.

Bad

Dirty quilt on the bed. They obviously had not washed it so we had to sleep with just a sheet and fleece.

The bed , sheets and towels were generally of poor quality.

The shower head was weird, did not spray properly

We ordered the cleaning service. It never came.

All in all this place was cheap and had some okay amenities but it wasn't very comfortable and needs some serious upgrades. The cleaning staff seem kind of lazy and management should deal with this problem.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family

Been to High Point World Resort? Share your experiences!