“Excellent Place to stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Vacation Villas at Fantasy World II

You added Vacation Villas at Fantasy World II to your Saves list
Vacation Villas at Fantasy World II
3.5 of 5 Condominium   |   4999 Kyng's Heath Blvd, Kissimmee, FL 34746   |
“Excellent Place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2014

I stayed here with two of my friends thru interval exchange, the place was plenty big for the 3 of us however i do not think 6 would fit comfortably in the space as advertised.

Area was extremely clean which is excellent in my book as cleanliness is the most important to me. Full kitchen and dining area is always a huge plus. The only complaint I have in its entirety is there are only two beds total. For some reason I read somewhere there would be two beds in the second bedroom and I called the front desk and they advised all of their rooms only have two queen beds total but the sofa was a pull out. That would be my only issue with this resort. The pool is clean and moderate nothing huge or fancy. Very close to Disney World which is were we spent most of the time for our trip.

Now here is where they get an "excellent" rating from me. I had made a mistake when booking, I mixed up the dates and only had our room until sunday and we were not flying out until monday night. The woman working the front desk was amazing. She was able to extend my trip the extra day and also keep me in the same room which was a huge relief and I know it caused a ton of extra work for her. It was really fantastic of her to go the extra mile instead of just saying it couldnt be done. I really really appreciate her help!

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Arlington, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2014

If you've ever stayed at a timeshare vacation villa in Florida, then perhaps you've stayed at "better" places. Fantasy Villas II may be a bit dated, but it is not so horrible if you are looking to accommodate a large family or group at a price that won't break your wallet.

The villa we stayed in comfortably accommodated 6 people (plus an infant)...and if you are traveling with a little one, they do have pack-n-plays which you can borrow, as well as high chairs (which we didn't borrow).

The unit we stayed in had 2 bedrooms, 3 baths, and a sleeper sofa. The kitchen (like most timeshare units) was fully equipped, but some of the utensils were not clean. I do not know if this is due to the fact that there are no cleaning instructions (other than to take out your own trash) listed in the binder or if housekeeping just didn't bother to look. So, if you stay here, please wash your dishes thoroughly for the sake of the next guest!

The resort is close to restaurants along 192 and there is a Wal-mart very close by as well.It is also situated close enough to 535, which it makes it very easy to get to the Disney theme parks and shopping. I-4 is also close by, which will take you to Universal, Sea World, and International Drive.

We stayed here during the summer, so the prices were comparable to (if not cheaper than) hotels within the vicinity. If you are a large group, then staying in a vacation condo is much more preferable than sharing a hotel suite.

Overall we were very satisfied with our stay, the staff didn't treat us horribly, and despite a few dirty utensils, our unit was clean. We will definitely consider staying here again during our next visit!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Oakland, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014

My family of 5 recently booked a stay at this so called resort. When we arrived we thought we were in the wrong place because the pictures on the website didn't truly capture the reality that was before us. The room felt so small and crammed. The first thing my husband noticed was the funky smell in the room and the filthy kitchen. The blender had a film of yuck all over it. Then we proceeded to examine the bedrooms. They smelled dingy too. One of the bedroom had a door that led outside. The bottom of the door was warped and you could see straight outside. My daughters were worried about bugs or God knows what else would come in for a nightly visit. The bathrooms were disgusting too with mold everywhere. We made a quick decision to leave and find another hotel. This is the absolute first time we ever had to do this, but our comfort is the most important. Especially when you are on vacation. My suggestion is don't waste your money on this place. They need to make some serious updates ( by way of CONSTRUCTION) especially since they show it off to people as a time sharing property.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel!
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

Although we are owners at Vacation Villas II, this was actually our first time actually staying there. We normally exchange our timeshare for vacations elsewhere. However, this year, we decided to go to Universal Studios with our cousins. We had a BLAST!! The room was beautifully decorated and clean, clean, clean!!! While on vacation, we don't lounge around the room. We were out and about EVERYDAY and only stayed in the room to sleep, eat, or make snacks for the park. Who cares about amenities when you have Universal and Wet and Wild to visit, right? We did walk by the pool, and it was nice and clean. We did have a few little issues (the front tv didn't work, a remote was missing, and there were a few drops of blood on one bedspread..which were very hard to see). Whenever we called the front desk to fix issues, they came to our aide as fast as lightning. Who could ask for more?

We stayed in the third tower, room 134. It was very nice, and we can't wait to go back to Florida!! Hopefully, we'll stay in the same room again!!

Room Tip: There is no wifi in the rooms. There is only one towel exchange, so pack some washcloths and towels...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Greenfield, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

My wife and I and another couple just returned from a week at Vacation Villas at Fantasyworld II and was pleasantly surprised at our rooms on the 4th floor in the 3rd Tower. It was clean and having 2 showers and 2 bathrooms was a nice amenity for my wife and I. Yes, there are not that many amenities at the facility, but we don't go to a resort to sit in the room or go to a gym to work out every day. I'm not a "sit by the pool all day" person, as the pool was nice and clean when I did go use it. The other couple with us wasn't that happy having to go by the office for computers or wifi, but I did not need that with my phone. You are so close to so many places to eat and things to do...I don't know why people would want to stay in their rooms.

Room Tip: Tower 3 was very nice and seemed to be updated.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
John G, Front Office Manager at Vacation Villas at Fantasy World II, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Thank you for recently staying with us at the Vacation Villas at Fantasy World II. We value each guest, as we know that you have a choice when deciding where to stay while here in Kissimmee on business or pleasure.

We strive to exceed our guest expectations by providing the right room and the right service to make every stay relaxing, invigorating, stimulating and filled with positive interactions.

Thank you again for your feedback. We truly appreciate knowing about our guest's experiences so we can celebrate our successes and address our challenges to better serve you in the future. We look forward to your return when you are in the area again.
Spartanburg, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

I'm actually an owner here and we used to be able to use the pool area at Fantasy World I. This was my first time coming where you had to pay $25 per person per day, so we didn't do that. The pool is really the only amenity. The only wifi you can get is in the lobby which surprises me. BUT - it's Orlando and there so much to do and going on, that we weren't in the condo that long anyway.... so it wasn't that bad. I've always liked it here, but now that Fantasy World I charges for pool access... it's not nearly as good as before. Also, time for new beds and pillows!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

The property next door did build a brand new waterpark that only the owners of that property paid for. Therefor owners at our property must pay their rate if wanting to use their facilities.

Thank you again for your feedback. We look forward to your return when you are in the area again.
Philadelphia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

We traded to here thru Interval and it was a mistake. The condo itself was okay. As stated in other reviews, the counters and appliances were updated. We has a 2 bedroom until in building one. The beds were not very comfortable and the pillows were very flat. Our unit had three full bathrooms. One bathroom had only a shower and that was fine. The "hall" bathroom has a tub/shower combo. It was an insert shower and if you hit the walls with the showerhead, mold poured out from the crevices. YUCK! The third bathroom only had a tub - which was fine considering we had three small children with us. Overall, the inside of the unit was okay.

The grounds were very poorly maintained. All of the signage is old, faded and peeling. There is not much landscaping compared to other resorts in Orlando.

The pool area was completely un-maintained. I had to skim the pool myself every time we brought the kids there. They do not seem to spray for bugs and our kids were bitten by red ants in the baby pool. I know this because I removed them from their legs. We traveled in May and it was love bug season - and they were everywhere at this pool. The bathrooms were dirty and smelly. Umbrellas were not opened for you and be careful if you decide to open them! They are infested with frogs and lizards! Luckily we realized what was inside after the first lizard fell out. Then we were able to shake most of the frogs out!

Water park - do NOT be fooled in to believing that you can go to the water park at Fantasy World 1. I called the front desk as soon as we booked our trip to ask about the pricing. They told me it was FREE. When I arrived and asked at the front desk again, I was told $25 per day per adult and $15 per day per child. I told them that I spoke to someone on the phone and was told it was free. They claimed that I called the wrong location. I called the number on my interval exchange confirmation sheet. Their response was, "Sorry, we can't help you."

All in all, I would say avoid this place at all costs. Unless you want to stay at a Motel 6 type place.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing the Vacation Villas at Fantasy World II on your recent visit.
I had a chance to review the review that you recently completed. I was concerned to hear about your experience with the grounds and room, because it indicates a lack of attention to detail on the part of our maintenance and housekeeping staff. I would like to take this opportunity to apologize on their behalf. Your comments have been discussed, and our team is doing a round of preventative maintenance to address that problem in the future. I know that does not change your experience but I hope that you can feel confident that we heard your concern and are definitely doing something about it.

I apologize again for the problems, and thank you for taking the time to let me know about it. Without your guest feedback we cannot continue to improve our services. We look forward to your return to the area.

Been to Vacation Villas at Fantasy World II? Share your experiences!