“Mediocrity Isn't All Bad” 3 of 5 stars

You added Vacation Villas at Fantasy World II to your Saves list
Vacation Villas at Fantasy World II
3.5 of 5 Condominium   |   4999 Kyng's Heath Blvd, Kissimmee, FL 34746   |
New Jersey
“Mediocrity Isn't All Bad”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

Although this resort doesn't have anywhere near the amenities of their once sister resort - Vacation Villas at FantasyWorld 1 - it is still a decent place to sleep, cook, and shop that is relatively near the major attractions (Disney, Universal, Fun Spot, Premium Outlet Mall, and the plethora of places on Hwy 192 Irlo Bronson in Kissimmee).

With a pool and hot tub being the only real external amenities, at least the rooms are quaint and quiet. Wi-Fi and a handful of machines are available in the Welcome Center, but there is a lot of traffic with the aggressive sales staff desperately attempting to sell remaining units at overblown prices. Sat through a 45-min sales presentation that made little sense for $75 to dinner which wasn't too bad.

All in all, it is definitely not a great resort, but it is not terrible either.

Room Tip: Top floor away from elevator. Also, pay washer and dryers are only located on 3rd and 4th floors ne...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Baltimore, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2012

I took my adult children to Florida for Christmas and was not impressed by the exterior buildings of this property. The unit we stayed in was spacious and neat. I am not an owner at this location but exchanged my home week to stay someplace different. There was no weekly housekeeping service at all and only given the option of 1 towel exchange if staying at least 6 days. I was given incorrect information about the presentation and check-out. Upon asking the receptionist for the number to call if I was checking out during the period the office is closed (hours 9 am - 11 pm), she snapped that there was a drop box outside the door. Very unfriendly staff and I will not be recommended this place to anyone!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2011

My family and I just visited this complex as part of a timeshare presentation deal, which included a tiny rental car and two Disney passes. It included of course, the time share presentation which went way longer than the promised 90 minutes. The timeshare presentation was really no different than others, so I won't comment on that. What I will comment on is the overall facility and the accommodations, which are a 2 or 3 star at best. The pool area is dismal and overall maintenance on the units and surrounding property is not maintained. This is not a clean facility. I had previewed the website for both this property and the older one with the new water park and pool area. Make no mistake - although the new pool area is nice it is not part of the VVFW II and you have to pay to go. The reception area is tired looking and dated - worse than an old cottage - and the $$ value of the units is way out of line for the quality of the resort. Staff are okay - but not always pleasant. The location is close to shopping etc., but is one the run down part of the strip compared to other areas of Orlando. Overall, don't waste your time - there are nicer hotels and timeshares to visit in nicer areas of town.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Morton Grove, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2011

This experience started out on a bad note. We arrived to the "timeshare" early and asked if we could check in. The staff was extremely rude and and said they would call. Of course they didn't call for several hours. It was one thing after another with the place. I had asked for a crib WEEKS before arriving, When we finally were allowed into our unit - no crib. A staff member brought it and quickly left, he didn't offer to set it up. There also was no crib sheet. It was a pack and play, which was fine, but it wouldn't stay locked in position. We called the front desk and a person came back and had to physically stand inside the crib to pull on the sides to get it up. The following morning it proceeded to collapse on the baby inside ! The maintainence on the unit (the entire resort actually) was shotty at best. When we arrived in the unit, the tile floors were so dirty if you were barefoot, the bottoms of your feet were quickly filthy. When we asked that they be mopped due to having a baby in the unit, a person brought a broom with a towel over it, no bucket of water. Things only got worse as the week went on. DON'T GO THERE !

Room Tip: Don't bother
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Stow, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2011

We stayed at this condo as part of a timeshare sales package. They put us on the top floor of "Tower 3" . We have stayed in several similar timeshare facilities and this one was just average. We were in a two bedroom -lock off unit which had 3 bathrooms. The second bedroom had only one large bed rather than 2 twins - which seems to be more common in more modern units. The lockoff bedroom was not very big - it had it's own fridge and microwave, but the room itself didnt have much space. It was very tight to walk between the foot of the bed and the dresser.
The kitchen area wasn't bad but just hasn't been updated in a while.
The exterior of the units is showing its age. Doors were dinged and the general area seemed to need some paint, but it wasn't exceptionally bad.
These units do not have washers/dryers inside the unit - there is a pay laundry area on at least a couple of the floors.
We stayed 3 nights and no one told us anything about whether we could get any fresh towels. It's a condo, not a hotel, so this is relatively common to not get new towels every day.
We visited the pool the day we arrived and the water was cold. (according to the timeshare sales guy the pool is supposed to be heated....). There was also some sludgy film floating on the surface of the pool in the shallow side so we moved to a different area of the pool.
There is an elevator in each building which seemed to move rather quickly and also stairs in a couple locations.
The view from our balcony was of a dirt lot which faces SR535. I don't know if there is supposed to be some new construction planned on that site or not, but it wasn't very scenic. The location is right near SR535 and US 192 so easy access to Disney and the Kissimmee area with plenty of restaurants and activities in the area.
If you get a bargain price on this place, I'd say stay there. If you don't get a great bargain here you can probably do better for the same money. There are lots of comparable places in this area.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Bergen, NJ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2011

The place was alright. Nothing spectacular and rave about. We have a one bedroom villa; travelling with family of 4. Nothing else was available through Interval World for exchange, so we had to choose FantasyWorld II. Don't be confused with the FantasyWorld I -- I and II are two different properties operated by different companies.

Pros - Close to the parks and highways. Fairly clean. 2 large flat TVs. Internet access at the main office. Quiet.

Cons - The room is a bit out dated, and the sofa bed is terrible. No wi-fi.

My overall experience at FantasyWorld II is OK, but probably will not stay here again.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
Cleveland Heights, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2010

I was very impressed by the staff members, the facility and the villas. Because I booked the villa online, I did not know what to expect. However, when I arrived, I was greeted by a young man and and a young lady. Unfortunately my reservation was not in the system. when I called the airline, they were very patient. After the airline verified my reservation, they made an extra effort to find a place for me and my family.

The villa was clean, stocked, and spacious. There were five of us. We were never crowded in the space. Everything that we needed was there. I highly recommend the villas to anyone! You should not be disappointed.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family

Been to Vacation Villas at Fantasy World II? Share your experiences!