“SLOWWWWWWWWW - Very Slow!” 1 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #223 of 616 Restaurants in Kissimmee
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Doing business, Entertaining clients, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Georgia
“SLOWWWWWWWWW - Very Slow!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

My husband and I were very excited to see Macaroni Grill while on vaca since ours at home has closed. I will have to say that after reading some of these reviews I think I will have to point my finger at the manager. The slow service is simply unacceptable. We visited on a Tuesday night in off season and there were maybe 8 - 10 tables seated. We sat for over 10 minutes before seeing a waiter. The hostess brought us our water and bread. Our waiter finlly arrived, appologized, and told us he was sorry about the wait that they were busy!! Um, no you're not. He took our drink order and it took over 10 minutes to get our drinks. As we waited I heard the guy behind me tell his party that the waiter just lost his tip. They were furious with their wait time. This creates a very stressful and uncomfortable atmosphere. A lady at a table had to get up and hunt her server down at one point. Our waiter then took our order and left again. He appologized and offered olives on the house for the wait. Our food finally came out and I thought it looked very tacky. I ordered the mamas trio and it looked like a kid put it on the plate. It was not cold but not piping hot the way it should be. My husband ordered the flatbread and it tasted good but was not cooked long enough. The crust was not brown at all and not crisp. Our waiter told us he was having to help in the kitchen!! Seriously, there are not that many people here. Also, 2 people stood at the big center bar and put silverware in napkins for probably over 30 minutes. First, I don't want to see that when I'm in a dining room. Second, they had their backs to the diners so you couldn't get their attention if you needed something. Third, if you have extra staff to for napkins then everyone should be taken care of in the dining room and in the kitchen. Prices are good but not worth it. Would never return. Management obviously doesn't care.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Ottawa, Canada
“Best Italian Restaurant in Kissimmee”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

Romano's is one the best italian restaurants you can eat at. It has nice tablecloths with warm bread and dipping sauce. The food is always fresh, and they open a fresh bottle of vine and you only pay for the number of glasses you drink from it. I have never seen this before. We always make it a point when travelling south, and there is a Romano's Restaurant on the way, to stop there and eat.

Their spaghetti and meatballs is the best one I have ever eaten. They even give you take away containers to take home.

Visited January 2012
Wimborne Minster, United Kingdom
“Great food, honest prices!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Love this restaurant, good home cooked Italian food and honestly priced too ;-) You do have to wait sometimes during busy periods up to forty five minutes but its worth it and much cheaper than other Italian restaurants in the area. Mama's Trio is a huge portion of three meals in one, Penner Rustica or Chicken Marsala :-) The Olive Garden ( Lake Buena Vista) and UNO's (Kissimmee) are also great value and a good standard of food too. Try the Seafood Portofino or Chicken stuffed Marsala at the Olive Garden the Shrimp and crab fondue at UNO'S.

Enjoy!

• Visited January 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Singapore, Singapore
“A letdown”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

My family visited this restaurant because of the name 'Romano'. Back home in Singapore, one of our favourite Italian restaurant is also named Romano although they are unrelated.

The restaurant has a great atmosphere & spacious. Our waitress Shannon was helpful & courteous. We ordered minestrone soup, stuffed mushroom, lasagna, spaghetti meatball, grilled salmon & steak.

Unfortunately this was where the bad experience began. The spaghetti was overcooked & quite disappointing. The steak was burnt even though we ordered medium rare. Shannon offered to get a new steak for us. The manager delivered the steak & personally assured that it will be medium rare. It was still very well done.

For any restaurant, the quality of cooking is paramount. I can tolerate a soup Nazi as long as the soup is heavenly. But when the food is poor no amount of good service can salvage it.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
edmonton
“a nice surprise with great taste”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

we tried the lunch combo and thoroughly enjoyed what we got and the serving sizes. the price was 8-10 dollars and we were satisfied. i like the whole wheat fettuccine in a herb sauce with chicken and the chop salad. we will definitely be going back.

Visited November 2012