“Delightful vacation” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #30 of 158 Hotels in Kissimmee
Guernsey, United Kingdom
“Delightful vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

We have just returned from a wonderful 2 month stay in Unit 28. The house is well appointed and is situated in a secure, peaceful and convenient location.
The pool area is very attractive with comfortable sun beds and is rarely crowded.
The owners and management company are extremely helpful and we are returning next winter for another extended vacation

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Pete338, President of the HOA at Villages at Mango Key, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Hello Charles,
I am so pleased that you had a such a wonderful time during your stay at our resort.
Our heated pool and hot tub are always a treat especially after a busy day at the parks.
All our homes are privately owned by individuals and most are professionally managed by our onsite management company who do an excellent job of maintaining and cleaning our homes.
Our gardeners and pool managers are also extremely hard working which shows in how well maintained the pool and gardens are all year round.
We hope to see you at The Villages at Mango key again soon

Regards

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

My wife and I have stayed in a few places near Disney World in the past but we had a great time At Mango Key. Unit 3 was recently remodelled and fully equipped for us to have a relaxing holiday. With 3 children, we do not want to eat out constantly and we didn't have to. The kitchen had everything we needed to prepare breakfast before heading to the parks or to prepare a late dinner after coming home. Some days we simply relaxed by the pool and hot tub which was so close we sent the kids back to get Popsicles regularly. The pool area was well kept and for the most part unused. Quiet often it felt like we had our own private pool. In the evenings our screened lanai overlooked a nice pond in which we saw many birds, it was great and we would recommend staying here. We plan on coming back in the future, perhaps one day we will buy our own.

Room Tip: Unit 3 is in the building backing onto the pond and is the closest block to the pool.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Pete338, President of the Home Owners Association at Villages at Mango Key, responded to this review, June 30, 2013
Hello ddawger,
Thank you for writing such a nice review of our resort,
We are only a small resort of 33 homes many of which have recently been refurbished along similar lines to the home you stayed in.
We have a very active Homeowners association board who together with all the owners, the management team, our gardeners and our pool management team work hard to ensure our resort is a great place for everyone who comes to stay with us..
The Pool deck, hot tub and of course the lake are the jewel in our crown and make the resort the great place it is to come and relax after a busy day at the theme parks.
The very fact you are talking about visiting again or perhaps even buying a home here speaks volumes for everyone connected with the management and upkeep of the Villages at Mango Key Resort.
We look forward to seeing you here again soon

Regards

Villages at mango Key Resort
New Orleans, Louisiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

I should've known better than to try to be cheap. As soon as we walked into the home I knew I was in trouble. The carpet was dirty. The tub was dirty, The refrigerator was dirty with a roach in it. The towels had stains on them. The pillows had yellow stains on them. The dinner table was damaged. I called Discount Vacation Rentals Online right away. I tried to talk to Barbara my rental agent, it was out of her control so she transferred me to Mary. Mary got the property manager out there within ten minutes. When she arrived she said the pillows should've been thrown away, the towels need a good cleaning, everything else was normal wear and tear. I don't understand why they advertise these wonderful pictures but when you get there its not what you seen in the pictures.I came from more than 650+ miles for this. The offered to refund my money but where can you find a place to stay at the last minute. We rented 4 homes and only one was ok. They really need to do a better job in keeping up the inside of the homes. I have stayed in many different places and this is by far the worst place I have ever stayed. If anyone would like to see the pics to the home I stayed in at 3160 Taramind Cirlcle feel free to email me at clarencejohnson3@gmail.com, or contact me @ (504) 250-9444 before you make the same mistake I did.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Pete338, President of the Home Owners Association at Villages at Mango Key, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Hello Clarence,
I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy our recent stay at our beautiful resort.
I understand that the home that you stayed in does not currently have a full management program as the owner decided to manage it himself.
I have been in contact with the management team that responded to your complaints even though they no longer have full management responsibility for this home and it is my understanding that you were offered a number of different options including a full refund or alternative accommodation all of which you subsequently declined.
The Home owners association, most of the owners and our management team all work tirelessly to ensure our resort is kept clean and in an excellent condition for all our guests however the HOA are only responsible for the upkeep of the garden and pool area and have very little input on how owners manage the inside of their homes.
It saddens me that you found our resort was not up to the standards that you expected and the HOA will be speaking to the owners of the property to offer advice and help where needed to try and ensure the property is brought up to the high standards that WE all expect on our resort !

Villages at Mango Key HOA
Leyland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

This was our 3rd year running at Mango Key in a two bed townhouse. This place is exactly what you need for a safe, secure, quiet and relaxing holiday just minutes away from the busy attractions. We had a policy in our family not to go back to the same place twice but this is home from home for us. We are addicted and will be returning again within the next twelve months. Our experience has always been that of spotless, well furnished and maintained accommodation. Our house with spacious living, dining and kitchen (fully equipped with everything you need or want) area also had two huge bedrooms with queen size bed in master and twins in second bed complete with large ensuites equipped with hairdryer. A mezzanine with futon is provided for additional upstairs sleeping, comfortable sofas in the lounge area and complimentary telephone calls and internet were provided. We noticed this time that more landscaping had been completed; in fact the grounds maintenance team where on site twice during our stay and the homeowners have been working hard since our last visit, the place was looking great!
The pool area is a short walk away no more than 100 metres to a refreshing swimming pool and Jacuzzi. Recently renewed comfortable pool furniture is in abundance. The on site management team are very friendly and helpful.
Mango Key is very close to all the Disney Attractions (10 mins), Seaworld (20 mins), Universal (25 mins), supermarkets and numerous restaurants are within 5 mins drive. We have been home less than a week and are already planning our next visit. A TOP RESORT!!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Pete338, President of the Home Owners Association at Villages at Mango Key, responded to this review, April 27, 2013
It is so nice to hear that you like our resort so much you choose to change your routine and return here year after year, this is a testament to all the hard work that all our staff, the owners and the Home owners association Board of Directors put into ensuring our Resort is a pleasant and relaxing place to come for your vacation.
I have to agree with you that we are very close to Disney and not far from other world class attractions including Seaworld and universal theme parks which puts us in a very good position for all our guests.
I am confident given the management team we have in place and the enthusiasm of our owners that we can continue to live up to your expectations we look forward to welcoming you back again next time
Villages at Mango Key
Plymouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

We stayed in a 2 bed unit over Easter 2013 & we cannot rate it highly enough. The house was spacious spotlessly clean & extremely comfortable. My daughter loved her en-suite & even she couldnt fill the walk in wardrobe! Our "queensized" bed was pure luxury. The kitchen well equipped with huge appliances! The pool was gorgeous,spotless & to a perfect temperature the spa bath was like bath water & perfect to relax in after a day at the parks.The resort itself was quiet & relaxing & very safe/secure The management team were on hand & an issues that arose were dealt with very quickly & efficiently!
Basically an all round fantastic top resort!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Pete338, President of the Home Owners Association at Villages at Mango Key, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Hello Hat70,
I would like to thank you for your review of our Resort at Villages at mango Key.
We are a small community of 33 homes with a very good on site management team who work alongside the HOA to try and ensure everything runs smoothly.
It is so good to hear that you had such a fantastic time during your stay with us.
I have to agree with you about the pool and the Hot Tub as we always enjoy them both when on vacation in our home.
The HOA and owners take great pride in keeping our resort in good order for all our guests to enjoy so it is good to hear we are getting it right.
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

I’ve re-written this review a couple of times; trying very hard to convey my disappointment with our rental without too much emotion. The bottom line is- take a close look at the photos online, then expect the place to be 40-50% worse than the photos. My family- husband, son, and parents just returned from a week at Mago Key Villas Unit 10 (3 br). Yes, the photos show a unit in need of an update, but since other members of my family have stayed at MKV previously with good things to say, we went for it. The unit was dirty, run down, and overall disappointing. Our other family members were in a 2 br condo next door, which was 300xs better than ours.

Part of the problem is the owner not wanting to put any money into keeping up the place and part is the cleaning crew. Our main objections were met (on Monday, definitely not on Sat/Sun) quickly and were very nice. They replaced two broken ceiling fans, cleaned the carpets, re-cleaned the rooms and replaced the wireless router. However, it wasn’t until the end of the week that we figured out they had not configured the router properly and we were without internet until our last night. My husband had to do his work at a nearby cafe. The cleaners came to mop, and by mop, I mean they sprayed the floor and wiped with a swifter. That same day our socks were black, so we left our shoes on while walking around. The couches are filthy, so we threw sheets over them to sit on. My parents purchased a large frying pan so we could actually cook more than one burger at a time. They also purchased their own washcloths since we were given a total of 2 and one was falling apart.

So, fine, the place is run down, dirty, and with dead bugs where the carpet is coming apart. We are budget travelers for the most part, but when it comes to my 18 month old son, I want a clean place. I kick myself for not insisting for a different unit or just leaving and going to a hotel. I’m also very sorry I did not take photos to prove my points. The beds were so bad, that we are still catching up on our sleep.

On a good note, the location of MKV is nice. Very close to Disney, Sea World, outlet shops, restaurants and Universal. The pool is kept clean and the management are quite personable. I am not saying to not stay at MKV, but do not select unit 10! We did not get what we paid for, even if the total wasn’t that much.

Room Tip: The units that back up to Lindfield Rd can be noisy from the cars. Unit 6 is a 2 br and very nice.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Pete338, President of the Home Owners Association at Villages at Mango Key, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Dear Mrs Kasen,
I am writing in response to your tripadvisor review of our holiday resort The Villages at Mango Key,
Firstly let me say that I am genuinely sorry to hear you did not enjoy your holiday at our resort,
As a small resort with all the homes being privately owned we as an HOA have little or no say in how the houses are run or how or when individual homes are updated.We do however maintain our gardens and swimming pool area to a very high standard.
That said, most of the owners take a great pride in caring for their homes as we do use them ourselves for our vacations,quite a few have been refurbished to a high standard, however I do understand your frustration as you seem to have had one of the properties that has not undergone any recent refurbishment.
Please be assured that the HOA board will be raising your concerns with the owners of this home in an effort to persuade them to upgrade the home more in keeping with all the other properties.
I am sure if you stayed in another unit your experience would have been more enjoyable because as you rightly pointed out your families stay in the other home appears to have been a totally different holiday experience altogether.
I have also discussed your review with our onsite manager and he assured me that your concerns were addressed by his team, he informed me that the home was cleaned again at your request, by the same cleaning team that work on all our homes usually to a very high standard.
He also informed me that even though a new router was supplied and fitted on the Monday and was verified as working correctly at that time, if they had been informed that it was not working a further router could have been supplied or you could have been given the access code to the free wifi internet that is provided by the home owners and covers all of Mango Key. Alternatively you could have made use of the internet access provided in our clubhouse foyer.
I know you were travelling on a budget and probably booked the property late to gain maximum discount but had you asked our management team for a property that was more acceptable to the standard you were expecting I feel sure they would have been able to assist you.
Had you also mentioned the fact that you were short on cooking utensils you would have been supplied with a brand new set, a reserve supply of which are kept on site.
Finally I am pleased to see that you agree with me that Villages at Mango Key resort is very nice, the pool is clean and we do have a very good management team in place.
We are ideally located for Disney and other theme parks, shopping and numerous very good restaurants.

President
Villages at Mango Key Resort.
Atlantic City, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

florida is very nice get away it very beautiful we all went down in may of 2012 we went for whole week people were very friendly and nice we all enjoyed ourselves i would go again florida is beautiful compare to where i live in south jersey....

Room Tip: we stayed in there cabin villa
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Hello
We are so glad that you have enjoyed your stay at our lovely holiday resort,
We take great pride in our holiday homes at Villages at Mango Key Resort and your review reflects all the hard work that is carried out behind the scenes by the owners and Staff who work here.
We have an exceptional and very active HOA who work relentlessly to ensure everything runs smoothly on a day to day basis without infringing on our holiday guests.
We hope to see you back again soon.

Villages at \mango Key HOA

Been to Villages at Mango Key? Share your experiences!