“NOT BAD” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #55 of 160 Hotels in Kissimmee
South Lake Tahoe, California
“NOT BAD”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2011

Only needed to stay two nights and had no trouble making reservations. Stayed in a Senior 1 bd, which would be a little cramped for a family. The kitchen is very small but was fine for me since I didn't cook. Had washer/dryer which was great. The only drawback; this has to be the most boring resort in Orlando. No one at the pool, no activities and no where close to go without a car. But it is a nice quiet place to stay.
I have stayed here several times with my family and it has gone down hill the past few years. My wife would not be happy here so I stay by myself waiting for a update.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Miami Beach, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2011

I used my RCI points to stay at Celebration World Resort and was so disappointed I checked out two days early.
I would not call this a resort. It has a pool, but it’s just a notch above a motel.
If you plan to spend anytime in the “resort” keep in mind that the rooms do not appear to have been upgraded since the 1980s. The furniture is scratched and or stained, you could feel the coils in the mattress, the TVs are small and not HD, there is nothing within walking distance and the rooms have no Wifi, so you can't use your computer.
Not everyone agrees with my perception. During my stay I met couples who have been coming here for years looking for warm weather. They were from Canada, Illinois, Ohio. If all you are looking for is warmer weather or a place to sleep in between Disney / Universal visits, then this might work for you.
I found ONLY one positive fact with this "resort," it accepts pets.
But despite the fact that I'm always looking for a place that accepts pets, this will not be one I will return to.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Buffalo, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2011

This was a great place for us to stay. We were able to get to Disney in just a few minutes each morning, so the location was great. There were 6 of us travelliing - two 70 year old grandparents, two 30 year old parents, one 35 year old uncle, and a 2.5 year old toddler. We rented two adjoining one bedroom units that were clean and comfortable. Sure, the couches were a little worn, the TV picture was a little fuzzy (we played a movie and it was perfect, so I think it was their cable reception) and the place wasn't brand new, but they never claimed to be a 5 star luxury resort. It was a bummer that they only had wifi in the lobby and not in any of the buildings. The heated pool/hot tub was a lot of fun. It was an affordable and comfortable place to stay. For the price, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
roanoke
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2010

We stayed here for a week and loved it. The kitchen was very well equipped and the rooms were very clean! LIttle one loved the whilpool tub. The screened in patio was a plus as well. Loved the walk in beach side of the pool! Parking lot was well lit and there were plenty of parking spaces right next to our room. We loved it and would definitely return!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2010

We stayed at this resort for the weekend. The place was clean and the staff helpful. I call this resort fair because it is nothing to Wow about. I just want to point out that the area in which there is pond at the back of the resort with water sprouting into the air needs to be re-considered. The reason why i say that is. You cannot use stagnated pond water and sprout in the air, and call it a water display in that manner. The water is not clean and you have the wind blowing and people walking around the pond. The pool area is very small compare to how it is represented on website, not impressed.
The landscaping of the resort needs more up keeping. Area G of the resort where we stay, it might worth considering putting now the tiles where intended. All that is on the ground is the tile cement. I'm sure individuals are paying there maintenance fees to help with the up keeping of the place.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Hartford, Connecticut
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2010

We moved to this resort after a week at Vacation Villages at Parkway. We were very disappointed by the run-down appearance and lack of cleanliness of the first building and room we were given. The building needed to be repainted and the plantings were dead or dying. The carpet in the unit was very stained and worn. I asked to be moved to another unit and was told that they were all similar because the resort was due for it's first update and renovation. I was given a unit in a building closer to the front of the resort and it was better. The floor was tile instead of stained carpet which made a big difference. The staff was very helpful throughout our stay and I would say that they are the resorts biggest asset at this point. My kids also enjoyed the pool and kids' craft/activity center.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2010

We chose to stay at this resort as it was one of only a handful in the country thru RCI that allows pets. We were prepared for less than perfect surroundings due to this fact and some of the reviews here on Tripadvisor, but were extremely pleased with our surroundings. And the pooch loved the grounds and lakeside track, not to mention all the other pups he could visit with. If we'd had the time and the supplies we would have loved to cook out on the lakeside grills.
We would have no qualms recommending the resort to others. There was a stain here or there, but it was certainly clean and comfortable. The bed was one of the best I've slept on in ages. I have dust mite and mold allergies and they did not act up while staying here--however, I took my own pillow coverings just in case.
The kitchen was even equipped with a toaster, blender, teapot, electric can opener, etc. not just the necessities.
We did have a problem with the washer not draining, but when we called the desk, maintenance visited and replaced the part within 10 minutes. I'm sure the appliances have a bit more than the usual wear and tear.
Another unit experienced a mild kitchen smoke incident and maintenance was there to check on them and insure everyone was safe within 2 minutes flat.
The pool is great--love that it is open late. However, it is getting a bit cool and the heaters don't keep it as warm as I would like it.
Though the resort is fairly close to Disney, our main destination was Universal and we did not have any issues with slow-moving traffic along I-4 any day we headed north. In fact, we could be parked and in the park in less than 30 minutes.
We also really enjoyed Wildside BBQ on Irlo Bronson a couple of miles away. Great calamari, bbq chicken quesadillas and soups!
Hope to be able to visit again!

• Stayed October 2010

Been to Celebration World Resort? Share your experiences!