“Great Stay for our Budget” 4 of 5 stars

Celebration World Resort
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   7503 Atlantis Way, Kissimmee, FL 34747   |
Ranked #55 of 160 Hotels in Kissimmee
Fort Pierce, Florida
“Great Stay for our Budget”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

After I had received confirmation from Priceline.com (I did the name your own price),that we were staying at the Resort I immediately went to Tripadvisor to read the reviews about it. I was thrown back at the first 4 or 5 that I read, and wanted to just cancel my reservations. Then I kept reading and there were a couple of tips that I used while we checked in. When we got to the resort, I began to check in with a nice man named Jason. Seems their computer system was down while before we got there. I had no problem checking in and Jason explained everything so nicely. We were then told where our room was and we had H-24. Great single bedroom room that was nicely updated as I had asked for a newer bed because of Boyfriends back problems. Bed was a little too soft for us, but we managed. We loved out spacious the room was. Our only complaint was we had an ajoining room and there was a family next door with little kids that screamed for a good hour. We figured if it didnt stop we would ask to be moved. It did stop. Fist night at the pool, we discovered the Jacuzzi was very low on water and when asked to fill up they stated that it was the Pool mans job. Pool had alot of leaves in it, but could have been from the windy day that we had. Next day we went to park and came back relaxed and went back in the pool area and it was great, clean water and the jacuzzi was filled. Overall we enjoyed our stay and would stay again. We were asked to do a 90 minute presentation, however we dont travel with credit cards and didnt have one on us.
TIP::: ask for an upgraded room. This makes a difference. Flat Screen TV's and DVD Players. Older rooms still have VHS players and Old School Tv.( or so we were told by others at the pool.> These were members of the resort and paid alot to stay there.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgraded or renovated room. It does make a difference. We had DVD Player, 2 flat screen...
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Amy M, General Manager at Celebration World Resort, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Thank you for your honest and positive review. Your comments go a long way in helping us identify where we are succeeding and also where we need to improve. Our goal is to create a positive, memorable experience for every guest and continue offering great service. We hope you will have the opportunity to visit us again in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Moncton, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We have been at this resort a few years ago through RCI as with this time as well. The name has changed along with the upkeep of the resort. The pool area was great. Our room was sufficient but that is all. Needs a good updating. The carpets are very worn as well as the bed and living furniture. Our table only had three chairs and they did not match. Kitchen appliances were ok. Probably will not return to this resort.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Ontario, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2015

I have to begin this by saying I was horrified reading reviews before our scheduled trip. We used a RCI and I thought "OMG what have I done" We pulled in and the staff at reception was so friendly. Asked about WiFi, was told it is sporadic, we had No problem logging on daily. The layout of I-12 was very nice. Kitchen had more than enough utensils for our stay. Bed was ok...a little soft for our use but that can be any place. Truly the only complaint was the carpeting in the main livingroom. it was very baggy, stretched beyond. Not at all dirty (I walked bare foot and never go dirt on my feet) The pool area was beautiful. The issues about loungers could definitely be a problem if it was busy, we never had no problem getting chairs. So all in all I think it was adequate and so close to everything we would definitely return with RCI

Room Tip: We stayed at building I, room 12
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2015

The room door had to be fussed with to just get open. Our room was either 321 or 320 pull the door towards you to free the latch after inserting your key card. The freezer didn't work and the fridge was maybe 50 degrees. We only had soda's and juices so that was fine. The box spring looked like it had been there since the 1980's. The mattress was quite old (90's to early 2000's?). THe sheets on the bed were full of dust. The mattress cover had streaks of grime on it. I had to strip the bed and ask for more sheets. When I pulled the sheets off I had an allergy attack from all the dust. The pillow covers had a grey dusty sheen to them when I slapped the pillow a cloud of dust billowed from them as well. They "didn't have any extra mattress covers" so gave an extra comforter to cover the mattress. However, the mattress was at an acceptable comfort level. We did not use it but in our routine bed bug check I inspected the couch and pull-out. The pull out had so many bodily fluid and food stains it's not even funny. I believe hotels/condos are supposed to change mattresses regularly. I doubt they had changed the mattress since buying the furniture (again probably early 80's). The tub was so dirty I wiped my hand across the top of the inside and it came away caked with dead skin, soap scum, grime, pubic and regular hair, and it smelled poorly. I washed the tub before we used it with dish detergent (all we had would have preferred bleach and a heavy duty brillo pad etc.) At least they had real glasses and silverware which we had to scour before use of course. The room was spacious and the balcony was nice. The hotel really needs to update this property. I understand that festiva bought them and are planning on total renovation. However, any management company should have been taking care of this property at least 20 years ago.

Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2015

This place is an embarrassment to the name "Resort". It is anything but a resort. The place smelled like a dog house. Bed sheets had stains on them, mattress had rust like dripping stains. UGLY place.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2015

We traveled here and stood in the one bedroom deluxe. It was great, it had a couch, with a comfy sofa bed, washer dryer, stove top, microwave, cookware and glassware, an outside netted area to sit, and each room had a TV . Boobtube types, and 1 DVD player. We enjoyed our stay, and any problems we had were taken care of right away.Like our freezer was not making the ice cubes, and the guy came to fix it promptly. This place is very convienient to mostly EVERYTHING, and the security was there for the whole week we were there. The pool we did not get to enjoy because it was like 45 degrees out the week we were here. But everything was clean and orderly. They only give you a certain amount of towels and such, but That's why you have a washer and dryer. Not fancy by any means, but its clean. Grocery store is close by, pharmacy too.
TIPS: Bring extra towels, blankets, paper towels, toilet paper, soap, and a FRYING PAN! the pans they have were not really good at being stick proof, so bring your own. No one bothered us, we were having a great time, the lakes outside were nice, and We brought our dog which was GREAT! We will come back here for sure next time we come. Great value for your money!

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
Charleston, West Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2015

I would not stay here again. The rooms are big but they are very outdated. For what you pay to stay here you could find somewhere better to stay. The sales pitch is very bullying and you have to stand your ground and tell them no thank you. I actually spoke to a couple of people while I was there who had purchased a timeshare there a few years ago. They were very unhappy with their timeshare. They said they pay taxes and maintenance every year yet the resort is not being kept up. They wished they had never bought there now. To resell a Timehare is near enough impossible. So do yourself a favour and look else where to stay. I have nothing good to say about this resort so that is all from me.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Been to Celebration World Resort? Share your experiences!