“2014 Weeklong Family Vacation to Disney June 20-27th” 4 of 5 stars

Celebration World Resort
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   7503 Atlantis Way, Kissimmee, FL 34747   |
Ranked #40 of 157 hotels in Kissimmee
Sorrento, Louisiana
“2014 Weeklong Family Vacation to Disney June 20-27th”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We received a vacation certificate from a timeshare company and used it it. I'm not sure exactly what the regular rates are per night and if it's always available to non-time share people but I wouldn't pay too much for a non-upgraded room, which is what we had. We had a Deluxe suite, which featured a Queen Bed and the sofa bed. The bed was not in great shape and needs to be replaced, my wife refused to let the sheets touch her, but we both had decents night's rest as I didn't hear her complain. The bed was extra soft and caved in, in some spots. You have a nice screened in porch that worked quite well to keep the bugs out. We were in J24 and had a nice view of the lake. There is a linen basket in your closet and a few hangers(bring your own if you have clothes to hang) there is a ironing board and iron.
My wife was quite impressed with the size of the bathroom and all the drawers to place her stuff. It was spacious and the shower/tub was nice as well. You are given 4 towels and 3 or 4 beach towels, which are just plain towels. 2 rolls of toilet paper also.

We stayed 1 week to visit all the Disney Parks and the Water parks and this place was 15mins at the most, away from everything . It made coming home for lunch a little break quite easy.

Night time security was there for probably 4 of the 6 nights we were out.

We came with our own Laundry stuff( they give you 1 pack) so we were about to wash about 4 times our trip and it was very convenient.

They have enough dishes,pots and pans and a spacious fridge to make it thru a week. I took out the ICE bucket so I could have more room though. ONE THING you must bring on your own, is a non stick skillet. Breakfast would have been so much better with one. The Microwave in our unit, was actually a convection oven too so this was very nice.

The carpet was dirty but we just walked around with Slippers the whole time.

My son never complained about the pull out couch, so I assume it was comfortable.

Overall I enjoyed my stay here. The only venturing I did on the grounds was too the full court basketball area. It was clean and nice. One of the goals was moderately bent but it was still nice.

Wifi in our room was good enough for my son to watch a movie, with it only buffering a few times.

We did have some problems with some of the electrical outlets not fully working, but I came with a power strip and an extension cord and it all worked out.

I would come back here if I had no other options for a trip to Disney.

Room Tip: I barely heard my neighbors in room J24, but I know they probably heard me a few times :)
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

232 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Orlando, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Old, tv are old beds are uncomfortable and old,chairs in dinning room are about to break very flimsy, our view was the worst and if you want them to exchange you sheets or towels they charge you $16-$20...where in the world do you see that kids park is broken and there's nothing here a crappy looking lake...we made the big mistake of staying here but never again the only plus its close to everything...and don't get me started with the front desk girl Lauren...just ridiculous...i should have stayed at mystic dunes or Westgate way way better.

• Stayed June 2014
Grottoes, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

Our unit was very spacious and comfortable overall. The kitchen was well equipped and an in-house washer and dryer is a big plus! However I do have some negatives: the unit was in need of an upgrade. The furnishings, especially the beds and TVs needs replacing as it does not meet the standards of a Festiva Resort. I understand there are units that have been upgraded and very lovely. The staff at the resort were very helpful and friendly. The check-in and check-out procedures was a breeze. The pool was the main attraction for our 5 yr. old granddaughter. There were always floating devices available and the pool was beautiful. Our granddaughter also loved having her own bedroom w/ TV and bathroom.

This resort is really minutes from Disney World and we took full advantage of that by coming back to the unit for lunch and a nap for the little one. It took longer to get out of the parking lot at Disney than it did to drive back to the resort. The location of this facility actually help to make our one-day visit to Disney a success! I look forward to visiting this resort again and upgrading my remarks from "very good" to "Excellent"

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

Nothing to complain about the resort. Exactly what wanted BUT it's 2014 , please get decent Wifi in all rooms. It's no use saying that " it was overhauled two months ago, but there is always reception".That just isn't good enough in this day and age. We had laptops, and kindles which just got no Wifi in our apartment. Holiday could have been a lot better if it had worked .

• Stayed May 2014
Yorkshire Dales National Park, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

We stayed for 10 days just after Easter 2014 in block 'L', closet to the pool. The condo was all that we needed it to be, clean, spacious, full kitchen with washing powder/dishwasher tablets provided. The reception staff were pleasant and efficient, but wasn't too keen on then having to visit 'Guest Services' (same building, different desk) to get a car parking pass and get hassled to attend a timeshare presentation some miles away. We didn't go.
We had a problem with the air-con in the unit resulting in flooded carpets. My husband popped in to reception to tell them about it. Within 5 minutes maintenance were there to fix it, leaving a big fan to dry the carpets, and reception sorted another room a couple of doors down from ours for us to sleep in overnight as the carpet dried.
Unfortunately things like this happen, and it's how it is dealt with which shows best how a company operates. In this instance I cannot fault the services at the Festiva, absolutely wonderful.
The apartment and surroundings were clean and beautifully kept, and if you're worried about that sort of thing, the TV's were modern flat screen in bedroom & living room.
The resort is very easy to find, and is in a very quiet location, yet only a couple of minutes north is the 192 with all it's restaurants and attractions, and about 4 miles south is Publix. It took about 30 minutes to get to Universal Studios - we didn't visit Disney, but 10 minutes should see you safely through the gate.
Amazed at the quality, space and service for VERY reasonable rates, well done Festiva and staff!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Horrible.. I will add pictures as words cannot describe the stay here! The only saving grace was the staff! But that can only go so far.. First room B33, drawers falling off in the kitchen, carpet in bedroom ripped and loose.. And yes A/C not working.. Moved to next room, A/C worked, the dryer was broken, and blow dryer also broken..

• Stayed May 2014
New Glasgow
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

Check into this ( resort ) for 7 days and only stayed two . The unit was very dated . We were told that the internet was moody in the units and was in and out , were welcome to come to the lobby , we did one night to find people laying on the couch with blankets . The truth is the units do not have internet or at least didn't while we were there and heard several complaints from guests in different buildings. I counted 14 lounge chairs at the pool for 11 buildings with multiple units in each . I got locked out of the unit and spouse was locked in . After waking up both mornings with a sore back l lifted the mattress and there were several pieces of plywood between the mattress and the box spring . Carpets and drapes were filthy , the location is terrible and the security is poor.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Celebration World Resort? Share your experiences!