“Very comfortable.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #41 of 158 Hotels in Kissimmee
Brookville, Indiana
“Very comfortable.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

We recently stayed at this Festiva Resort (formally knows as Celebration World Resort) during a spring break trip with the kids to Disney. My aunt and uncle are timeshare owners, and we were there guests, so I can't really complain too much because the price was right (free!). Check-in was easy and quick. We had to go to one desk to check-in, and another desk to get our required "parking passes". I know how these time-share operations work. The "parking pass" desk is when they hit you up with the sales pitch. The gentleman was very pleasant and not overbearing with the sales pitch, but I clearly let him know that we had been traveling all day and would not be interested in learning more about other Festiva properties. So they left us alone for the whole week.
We had a corner 2-bedroom, 2-bath apartment. It was very roomy, clean and comfortable. I had read that they were upgrading their rooms, but we were placed in the very last building farthest away from the office/pool, and they obviously hadn't got to our building yet with the upgrades. We were on the ground floor, but each building has an elevator.
The decor was a little outdated, but everything seemed to function properly. We had an immediate issue with one of the toilets, and it was quickly resolved. When a service person came to fix the toilet, he dripped toilet water all over the bathroom floor, so we called to have someone come mop the floor. They were somewhat perplexed as to why we needed the floor mopped, but after explaining why, they quickly sent someone from housekeeping. We had no other issues with the room, except for running out of trash bags, and they would only give us 2 more. Pretty stingy with the trash bags. We brought everything else needed for our stay (knowing that we had to do our own laundry).
The kids enjoyed the pool very much. At one point, they actually wanted to leave one of the Disney parks to go to the resort pool. We brought our own beach towels (having read reviews and planned ahead). Pool depth ranges from zero-entry to about 5 feet. Perfect for my kids (5 and 11). The hot tub was nice and hot. Music was playing around the pool, and it was at just the right level, could be heard but not blasting loud. We never had any problems getting lounge chairs. There was a playground near the pool, but my kids never got out of the pool long enough to even consider it. And it looked like it was in desrepair and unreachable behind fencing.
The resort has one or two grills (charcoal), but they are near the main lake and were not convenient to those of us at the end of the complex. It would've been nice for each building to have a grill to use.
I had heard that they have a shuttle to/from the theme parks, and that they were pretty expensive, so we never asked. We drove. We never had any issues with parking, always parking close to the building. Check-out was quick. I just handed the key cards over.
All-in-all, not a bad stay. We enjoyed it. I know there were some reviews commenting on the service, or lack of, and them not providing certain things. I understand. But you have to go into it knowing that you are basically "renting an apartment" for the week, with a kitchen and washer/dryer. All of the comforts (and chores) of home. Happy traveling!

Room Tip: Request a room closer to the office/pool. They seem to have been updated more recently.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Northglenn, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

We have been going to Orlando to visit the theme parks and staying at random inexpensive hotels for years and this year we booked a few nights at Celebration World Resort. It was an excellent inexpensive experience. No hidden charges. We stayed in a one bedroom apartment and our teenage son slept on a sofa bed. The apartment was nicely decorated, had a full kitchen, cable, and a balcony facing a pond. It was beautiful and quiet. The pool was heated and the hot tub was nice on a cold March Florida evening. The staff were very friendly and nice. They gave us extra pillows with no problems. There was complimentary Wifi and computers to use in the front office. I would definitely stay here again, but would book an extra day to just hang out at the beautiful pool and relax.

Room Tip: I know their space is limited but I really enjoyed having a balcony facing the pond.
orlando
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Timeshare owner for more than 15 years. Avoid this resort!!! From the time we we checked in, you do not get a feeling you are welcomed at this place. I didn't care then because I thought I would only deal with them during checking in and checking out. Disrespectful staff. Inflexible to family emergencies. Poor infrastructure. Total experience in this resort is below par.

Don't expect any cleaning service to clean your room during mid-stay. You'll have to pay $30 something dollars. My daughter got sick during this trip and needed fresh linens. Staff would not send new sheets unless you pay for it because we were told "you wash your own sheets and towels". I don't have time to wait and wash sheets when my daughter needs to rest in bed. Finally got the sheets after much labor with the staff. Guess what, sent me one flat sheet and one mattress sheet. Charged my card for $32, for 2 pieces of sheets.

Speaking of towels, they do not even provide you with pool towels. You use your bathroom towels and you also wash them yourself. If you have smaller kids, their pool is okay. Otherwise, it is not something to brag about if you are adults.

Room furnishings not even updated. Still had CRT TV in room. Had 2 TVs in unit with only 1 remote. Towels are scratchy and old. They are stingy in giving out supplies. For a family of 4 with 2 kids below 7 yrs old. They gave us 2 rolls of toilet paper. Asked for extra during our mid stay, they gave us just 1. They give you 2 trash liners during your stay. Giving birth is easier than asking for extra supplies at this place.

Having said all these, I know not all families experience some sort of medical situation like we did. But this resort's inflexibility to provide you with things that you needed without charging you S#@t is beyond me. We told the staff why we needed new sheets, or our room cleaned and all. The first words out of their mouths, we need to charge you this amount or that amount, etc. Our daughter's condition did not warrant us checking in to a hospital. She just needed to be treated palliatively for her symptoms.

Virginia Beach, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

What can I say, after reading the glowing reviews the hotel received under new management I had to go see for myself. It's Festiva now, (love the new name) the place has really changed, with renovated furnishings, fresh paint and an extremely helpful staff. I was impressed and would like to give them a second chance. It was obvious to me and my family that a monumental effort was made to improve the property and it shows. How great is it that it's just around the corner from Disney? It is not on a main drag, so it's nice and quiet. The pool is still one of the best features and they've cleaned up the playground. Go ahead and give it a try. I couldn't resist the sales pitch and bought in...but the next trip is to Europe!

Room Tip: Ask for one near the pool...
Madison, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

The place is very quiet and has a remote feeling, yet it is close to stores and attractions. It was clean and roomy. The pool was very nice, it was big but not deep. The staff was very friendly. Would highly recommend.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
South Berwick, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

Our "room" was a 1 BR condo - large BR, huge bath and decent size living/dining/kitchen combined and we paid the same as we would a moderate hotel. The room was dated but for the price paid, who cares? The property is close to everything including many restaurants, Disney and SeaWorld. I would stay here again for sure.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Charlotte, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

We stayed in the Executive one bedroom and were very pleased. The bed was comfortable and location was a few blocks off from highway 192 so it was quiet yet close to all the restaurants. The Disney property was only a couple minutes away so it was about as convenient as it gets staying outside of the Disney resorts. We really enjoyed the jetted tub and the water heater was more than adequate to accommodate showers and fill the tub. We did have wifi but signal was a little weak at times however that really was not much of an issue for us. Would recommend and stay again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Celebration World Resort? Share your experiences!