“Very Nice!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #36 of 158 hotels in Kissimmee
Northglenn, Colorado
“Very Nice!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

We have been going to Orlando to visit the theme parks and staying at random inexpensive hotels for years and this year we booked a few nights at Celebration World Resort. It was an excellent inexpensive experience. No hidden charges. We stayed in a one bedroom apartment and our teenage son slept on a sofa bed. The apartment was nicely decorated, had a full kitchen, cable, and a balcony facing a pond. It was beautiful and quiet. The pool was heated and the hot tub was nice on a cold March Florida evening. The staff were very friendly and nice. They gave us extra pillows with no problems. There was complimentary Wifi and computers to use in the front office. I would definitely stay here again, but would book an extra day to just hang out at the beautiful pool and relax.

Room Tip: I know their space is limited but I really enjoyed having a balcony facing the pond.

233 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
orlando
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Timeshare owner for more than 15 years. Avoid this resort!!! From the time we we checked in, you do not get a feeling you are welcomed at this place. I didn't care then because I thought I would only deal with them during checking in and checking out. Disrespectful staff. Inflexible to family emergencies. Poor infrastructure. Total experience in this resort is below par.

Don't expect any cleaning service to clean your room during mid-stay. You'll have to pay $30 something dollars. My daughter got sick during this trip and needed fresh linens. Staff would not send new sheets unless you pay for it because we were told "you wash your own sheets and towels". I don't have time to wait and wash sheets when my daughter needs to rest in bed. Finally got the sheets after much labor with the staff. Guess what, sent me one flat sheet and one mattress sheet. Charged my card for $32, for 2 pieces of sheets.

Speaking of towels, they do not even provide you with pool towels. You use your bathroom towels and you also wash them yourself. If you have smaller kids, their pool is okay. Otherwise, it is not something to brag about if you are adults.

Room furnishings not even updated. Still had CRT TV in room. Had 2 TVs in unit with only 1 remote. Towels are scratchy and old. They are stingy in giving out supplies. For a family of 4 with 2 kids below 7 yrs old. They gave us 2 rolls of toilet paper. Asked for extra during our mid stay, they gave us just 1. They give you 2 trash liners during your stay. Giving birth is easier than asking for extra supplies at this place.

Having said all these, I know not all families experience some sort of medical situation like we did. But this resort's inflexibility to provide you with things that you needed without charging you S#@t is beyond me. We told the staff why we needed new sheets, or our room cleaned and all. The first words out of their mouths, we need to charge you this amount or that amount, etc. Our daughter's condition did not warrant us checking in to a hospital. She just needed to be treated palliatively for her symptoms.

Virginia Beach, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

What can I say, after reading the glowing reviews the hotel received under new management I had to go see for myself. It's Festiva now, (love the new name) the place has really changed, with renovated furnishings, fresh paint and an extremely helpful staff. I was impressed and would like to give them a second chance. It was obvious to me and my family that a monumental effort was made to improve the property and it shows. How great is it that it's just around the corner from Disney? It is not on a main drag, so it's nice and quiet. The pool is still one of the best features and they've cleaned up the playground. Go ahead and give it a try. I couldn't resist the sales pitch and bought in...but the next trip is to Europe!

Room Tip: Ask for one near the pool...
Madison, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

The place is very quiet and has a remote feeling, yet it is close to stores and attractions. It was clean and roomy. The pool was very nice, it was big but not deep. The staff was very friendly. Would highly recommend.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
South Berwick, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

Our "room" was a 1 BR condo - large BR, huge bath and decent size living/dining/kitchen combined and we paid the same as we would a moderate hotel. The room was dated but for the price paid, who cares? The property is close to everything including many restaurants, Disney and SeaWorld. I would stay here again for sure.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Charlotte, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

We stayed in the Executive one bedroom and were very pleased. The bed was comfortable and location was a few blocks off from highway 192 so it was quiet yet close to all the restaurants. The Disney property was only a couple minutes away so it was about as convenient as it gets staying outside of the Disney resorts. We really enjoyed the jetted tub and the water heater was more than adequate to accommodate showers and fill the tub. We did have wifi but signal was a little weak at times however that really was not much of an issue for us. Would recommend and stay again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Valrico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

I had to take a group of students to Disney, so I was looking for a cheap hotel for my husband and I . Festiva was a wonderful surprise! The hotel is located off the main road. We loved that because we felt away from the craziness. If you didn't have a car then you would have an issue. We stayed in room L21 and it was so beautiful. The kitchen and bath had granite counters, there were all new appliances in the kitchen and flat screens in the living and bedrooms. The room looked fresly painted with clean tile throughout. We loved having a place to relax and a separate place to sleep. We loved it so much we decided to come back with our young kids in March. We didn't swim in the pool but we did walk by and it was clean and seemed large enough. We were also right near a basketball court that will be fun when we return. I didn't mention that the room also has a nice screened porch. We sat in the morning and evening just to enjoy the weather.

Negatives (very minor): When you check in, you have to go to a separate counter to get your parking pass. This is where they try to sell you a free breakfast at the other resort. We had to wait about 10 minutes to get a parking pass. It wasn't a huge deal, but we had just been stuck in traffic for over an hour and we just wanted to check in so we could go eat. Once it was our turn she moved pretty quickly. Another negative was that there wasn't enough hot water. Once we figured this out the first time we just staggered our showers. I will have to be more careful when we come back with 4 people in March. There was also difficulty parking. We came back late from a park and had to park pretty far from the building. Again, not a huge deal, but something to know. Finally, the toilets are really loud when you flush. REALLY loud. Only an issue at night when rooms around you are flushing.
Overall, a very good experience. As I said, we will be back next month because we enjoyed our time at Festiva. Both trips we are only staying in the small one bedroom. I would like to compare to the larger one bedroom, but that was all that had available.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Celebration World Resort? Share your experiences!