“Avoid this place like the plague!” 1 of 5 stars

Celebration World Resort
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   7503 Atlantis Way, Kissimmee, FL 34747   |
Ranked #40 of 157 hotels in Kissimmee
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Avoid this place like the plague!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2011

Dirty, smelly, no amenities and poor service. They give you a checklist when you get there and when you show them how much is missing they thank you for helping them inventory!
The tv is ancient and there was furniture MISSING from our room when they finally gave us one that did not stink of smoke.
The sliding doors on the ground floor do not have safety bars...the kiddie play area was dingy and unsafe. The water from their cascade umbrella had to be 30 degrees if not colder.
No towels, no amenities, dishes not microwave safe, resort in sad state of disrepair, with torn and dingy awnings.
We were told they are between owners when in fact they should be between bulldozers.
Worst resort we have ever visited!

Room Tip: Stay at Summer Bay or the Wyndham!
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family

232 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Omaha, Nebraska
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2011

I will never stay at this resort again. Our suite was crawling with roaches. I was terrified to cook on the stove because roaches had taken up residence in the space saver microwave above it. I had to wear my shoes into the bathroom at night because I could see them scurrying along the baseboards in there. I couldn't sleep at night because of them. The carpets were stained, the furniture was stained, torn, scratched or broken. This was THE WORST place I have EVER stayed at.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Chesapeake, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2011

I was nervous about staying at the resort after reading the mixed reviews. We went for a week during the height of Spring Break (the week leading up to Easter) and I was pleasantly surprised when we arrived. There were five adults and three children (ages 3 yrs thru 11 yrs) in our party. The two room suite was plenty spacious enough for everyone and there was also a screened in balcony. The place was very clean and equipped with just about everything one might want: iron/ironing board, pots & pans, dishes, coffee machine, stove, dishwasher, fridge, washer and dryer. Was it a 5 star resort, no. However, if you are looking for a homey place that is good to relax while you park hop everyday then this is the place for you.

The resort was minutes from all of the major attractions. Disney was the closest and Universal was the farthest with Sea World and Discovery Cove in between. The resort is located very close to many restaurants and shops where you can find anything that you may want or need. The staff was friendly and the pool area was well-maintained. The only negative thing that I have to say is that the water temperature was quite warm and therefore was not refreshing considering the Florida heat.

Bottom line is that this place was ideal for our situation. If you want a place that is like home and very close to the parks, you are travelling with a large group, or with children, then this is the place for you. If you want onsite dining or a luxury experience then you should look elsewhere. We came to Florida for the sites; not a hotel and all of our expectations were met by Celebration World.

Spartanburg, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2011

We have been staying at Celebration resort for a few years because we have a small dog. It is not gold crown but it is comfortable, and we can bring our pet. In fact we are going back in a few days. We normally end up with a small one bedroom with a partial kitchen. I am a cook so, i have not been to happy with just a partial kitchen but this time we have a two bedroom full kitchen. I do enjoy the pool area on our last trip minus the dog we stayed elsewhere and the pool area was not as nice as Celebration's pool.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Ithaca, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2011

It was laid back which was good. Poolside entertainment was ping pong, was expecting a little more than that. Poolside towel service would have been nice. The staff was very professional and nice, kudos. The pictures online do not represent the actual resort, no frills in the rooms as pictured. I just don't think they clean as well as they could. Hair in clothes drawer (vac it out), 2 keycard envelopes left by previous occupants, stuff like that.

Honea Path, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2011

Had two of us, two adult kids and 3 teenagers, 2 kids. The only complaint was about the lack of internet service. I have stayed here several times since I bought here before the buildings were built. I am concerned about the lack of progression in the plans we have been showed over the years. Seems to me not enough is being put back into maintenance and progression.
I was treated well by all and had no problems. I would like to know how they keep the glass shower doors clean, I have never been able to keep mine that clear.

Room Tip: good place to sleep while seeing the sites
Carlstadt, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2011

I will not consider celebration world resort as a resort. It is low grade motel. Its need major renovation. Room and hallway was dirty. Inside the room carpet was so dirty that you will lose your appetite. I will not go back again. However, staff was very friendly and helpful. Otherwise, I will checkout 2 days earlier. Security guard consider them as a NYPD or LAPD-dude you guys are resort security guard--just be cool with guests-

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family

Been to Celebration World Resort? Share your experiences!