“One of the Nicer Hotels in the Area” 4 of 5 stars

Save up to 25%
Ranked #26 of 159 hotels in Kissimmee
GreenLeadersSilver level
Largo, FL
“One of the Nicer Hotels in the Area”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

It is getting harder and harder to find a decent hotel in the Kissimmee area these days. Seems like they are just getting more run down and moldy, with dirty carpets, insect infestations, and poorly maintained. The Holiday Inn Express is one of the few chains that seems to be willing to keep up their standards and not take for granted that just because Disney and Universal are the big attractions nearby that people will tolerate nasty hotel rooms. Holiday Inn Express are reasonably priced. The mattresses are comfortable. They don't use those disgusting heavyweight bedspreads that we all know aren't being cleaned between guests. They are consistent in what they offer nationwide, no matter what part of the country you are in. For that I commend them and wish other hotel chains could follow suit. They offer free Internet/WiFi, cable TV with HBO, rooms equipped with mini fridge and a microwave. The rooms are large, nicely decorated, always clean. The bathrooms are nicely maintained and clean. The air conditioners are modern and work. Breakfast was nicely displayed with a decent variety of food choices to suit everyone. The dining area is large so there is plenty of room without feeling crowded. They have a nice outdoor pool as well. Parking is free and the hotel is located close to Disney property but out of some of the heavier traffic areas you find off of International Drive. My only complaint would be the walls are not well insulated, nor are the ceilings. There can be a bit of noise that I imagine would be increased in really busy seasons, but the overall comfort more than makes up for it. The staff were very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Top floors prevent noise above your head!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
HIELBV, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Orlando-Lake Buena Vista East, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Dearl tcquilter,
Thank you for the wonderful comments about our hotel during your recent stay with us; we are thrilled you enjoyed the amenities of our hotel. I'm glad you enjoyed the breakfast and hope you were able to enjoy my favorite; the signature cinnamon rolls. We look forward to serving you again on your next trip to the Disney area.

284 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Puerto Rico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Overall the hotel looking is good. Customer service is good as well. Free Parking, internet and breakfast. The room size is OK, have a mini fridge and microwave. The rooms and the bathroom were always clean. The location is great, especially if you are going to Disney; if you make a right you reach the 192 and if you make a left you will be facing Lake Buena Vista Outlet. ;)
The bad things: The smell in the bathroom was awful, hideous. My husband later realized that the smell comes from the pipes. I told housekeeping and ask for an odor candle or something to “hide” the reek, but they didn’t do anything. Some of the towels were ragged, and I didn’t expect that at any Hotel. The acoustic is nonexistent; the noises of footsteps are very loud. At first I didn’t care until the guest(s) upstairs woke up at 7:00am… it sounded like was doing jumping jax!!! Ask for a room on the top floor, so you will not have that problem.

I got a very good discounted price for this hotel, that’s why I stay there, and if they improve the bad things it can be an excellent hotel. Would I want to stay here again??? I would rather stay in other hotels. I’m not looking for five stars or luxury, but I can’t deal with disgusting smell.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the top floor, you make sure not to wake up because of the noisy footsteps or lugg...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Orlando-Lake Buena Vista East, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Dear IOrtiz,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit at our hotel. It is good to know that you found our rooms to be comfortable and the breakfast served was to your liking. However, please accept my sincerest apologies that the smell in the bathroom facility impacted your stay. Your comments will be forwarded to the ownership of the hotel to take into consideration for future upgrades.

Despite your disappointment, I do hope you will return to stay with us again at some future date when you can be assured of our very best attention.

Pam G.
ontheroadagn7
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

As mentioned in some of the other reviews, the fixtures in the room seem dated or in our case broken (see photo of light fixture.) Breakfast was crowded and some of the items I was still eating/drinking were cleaned up while I was in line getting other food. Very crowded breakfast area. Several teams of kids in the hotel.

As a Platinum Priority Club member I enjoy a free USA Today under the door in the morning. No paper was left and when we went down to the front desk I was told they ran out and I could go over to a machine and buy one. Well why doesn't the hotel go over and get me one?

It's not terribly convenient to get back out on I-4 as you can't turn left out of the parking lot. And if you are headed out to the right be aware that you should have at least $5 in change/coins as there are these unattended toll booths where you have to pay in coins or get a ticket with service charge from your car rental company.

All in all I expected better from this Holiday Inn Express, but I guess it's Orlando/Kissimmee and the hotels are full of tourists who don't care about some of the basics or regular upkeep.

Room Tip: Stay at a different hotel.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear ontheroadagn7,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding room amenities and breakfast experience. We will look into this point. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Alpharetta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

My family of 4- 2 adults, 2 kids- stayed 2 nights before we checked into our Disney resort hotel. It was clean and had everything we needed. Room had 2 queen beds and was large with a frig and freezer area. The hotel had 4 floors so it wasn't too big. The free hot buffet breakfast offered: muffins, bagels, eggs, bacon or sausage, biscuits and gravy, hard boiled eggs, yogurt, toast, pancakes. Coffee, OJ, milk. We were very happy with the options and it saved our family $28 and 30 minutes every morning. I was initially concerned about the location to Disney, but then I found Osceola Parkway(toll road for $0.75) . I purchased a SunPass at AAA before the trip- or you can buy one at a Service Center along the toll road. It was one block north of the hotel and saved us lots of time and avoided the traffic. Also, the hotel is across the street from the closest Walmart. Score! I bought snacks and fruit to take into the park. Get your Disney merchandise/tshirts here for $12! The front desk of the hotel sells tickets to Disney and has bus, but we didn't use the service. My husband wishes we had stayed at this hotel during our weeklong stay since we weren't in our room much and the breakfast was included. It would have saved us a bunch of money. The hotel is rated a 3 star. If you want Hilton, Marriott, etc. then go pay more. This is perfect if you are on a budget. We wanted queen beds, not doubles like some of the Downtown Disney high-rise hotels. We also wanted a smaller property with easy parking and loading/unloading after a long day.

Room Tip: We asked for a higher room and away from elevator. No vending on 3rd floor.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
HIELBV, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Orlando-Lake Buena Vista East, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Dear SungoddessMom,
We appreciate your recent stay with us and the wonderful comments about our hotel and the amenities. We are thrilled you enjoyed our complimentary hot breakfast buffet, I hope you were able to make fresh pancakes, they’re my favorite. We look forward to serving you and your family again on your next trip to the Disney area.
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

I expected more from a Holiday Inn Express.
The good: relatively clean, nice staff, amazing free hot breakfast
The bad: 1. The mattresses were TERRIBLE. The sound alone when sitting on them was scary. Both beds in the room had extremely poor mattresses. 2. The walls were extremely thin. I could hear next door's conversations.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Orlando-Lake Buena Vista East, responded to this review, April 28, 2013
Dear Ursula S,

Thank you for your review. It's pleasant to know that you found our breakfast and friendly staff commendable. I am sorry to hear that we failed to meet your expectations on this day and apologize for any discomfort you experienced particularly with the condition of the mattress and level of noise encountered. We have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Thank you again for your comments. We hope to see you soon.

Zelyn N
Marietta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

The rooms are as you should expect for a hix. Comfortable beds. Soundproofing is non existent, however. Clearly understand conversations, gaming, tv, & alarm clocks next door. Breakfast provided & is exactly what all hix have. Staff opened the conference room next to the dining area to relieve overcrowding. Front desk was perfect in their service.

• Stayed April 2013
Dearl ilikelocaleatz,
Thank you for your recent stay with us and the feedback provided; we appreciate your comments. We do our best to make sure all guests are comfortable during their vacation, please feel free to notify the front desk if the noise level bothers you and we will be glad to address the issue. We hope to see you again in the near future.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

Booked this room for a one night stay with the family. The value was good, and most trip advisor reviews were decent. We have stayed at Holiday Inn hotels before and always had quality rooms. This hotel was upgraded with flat screen televisions, microwave, and mini fridge and upgraded linens.We put drinks in the fridge and they never got cold. The room looked clean and well put together. Took a shower and grabbed a clean towel. ..to my suprise it had 3 black stains on it. Also the sink was leaking and had stained the floor under the vanity. This is not the quality I expect from Holiday Inn...next time I will stay at a value motel down the street where these issues would not supris

• Stayed April 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Orlando-Lake Buena Vista East, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Dear Honeybadger100,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments online. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. I am sorry that your most recent visit was a disappointment due to the condition of the room that you were given and maintenance level being sub par. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and my apologies for the inconvenience. I hope the next time you are in the area, you give our hotel another try.

Pam G.
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Orlando-Lake Buena Vista East? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Orlando-Lake Buena Vista East

Holiday Inn Express Kissimmee
#2 Green Hotel in Kissimmee
#24 Family Hotel in Kissimmee
#26 Luxury Hotel in Kissimmee
#26 Top resorts Hotel in Kissimmee
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Orlando-Lake Buena Vista East 2.5*
Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Hotel Orlando Lake Buena Vista East. Our hotel offers free hot breakfast, a free scheduled shuttle to area theme parks, free high-speed Internet, and a free business & fitness center. We are also an official Walt Disney World Good Neighbor hotel located only 2.5 miles from the main entrance to 'Walt Disney World Resort area.' Our hotel provides a free scheduled shuttle to Epcot . From Epcot , transportation is available to Magic Kingdom Park, Disney s Animal Kingdom Theme Park and Disney's Hollywood Studios, Downtown Disney . We also have a free scheduled shuttle to Universal Studios, Sea World & Lake Buena Vista Outlet Mall. With our convenient location you'll find numerous restaurants, shops, and small attractions are either within walking distance or just a short drive away. In addition to our comfortable deluxe rooms, we offer a choice of specialty suites, like KidSuites with private sleeping area and special kids' beds & TV. All rooms feature the new Express Bedding Package and refrigerator/microwave. For a real treat, our two-room Executive Suites offer a king sized bed, separate living area with sofa bed, and wet bar with refrigerator & microwave. Enjoy many hotel amenities including a heated outdoor pool & Jacuzzi, kid s playground and game room. Our hotel meeting rooms total 1100 sq ft-complete with free high-speed Internet access. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Venere and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Orlando-Lake Buena Vista East reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Orlando-Lake Buena Vista East, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.

Bookmark for later
Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Orlando-Lake Buena Vista East to your Saves list