“Unimpressed, resort has changed since last year.” 2 of 5 stars

You added Runaway Beach Club to your Saves list
Runaway Beach Club
3.5 of 5 Condominium   |   3000 Bonfire Beach Drive, Kissimmee, FL 34746   |
Miami, Florida
“Unimpressed, resort has changed since last year.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

I had taken a trip from Miami to Kissimmee last year and stayed at the Runaway Beach Club, while it was still owned by Mike Ditka. The resort last year was pretty great, and customer service was accommodating. This year, I can't say the same. We had a major issue with the reservations. Our total fee was held on our credit card for two months after we made the reservation, and when we came to check in, they said they had no such record of any credit card, so we had to be charged again. It made absolutely no sense. The front desk girl (Ashley) was very understanding and nice about it, but there should have been some record that we already paid. Anyway, when we FINALLY got to our room, the air conditioning was not working in one of the bedrooms. Maintenance guy came, fixed it temporarily, but it went back to being hot at night, that person had to sleep in the living room couch. There were stains on the night stands, the coffeemaker had mold, and there were weird stains on the sheets. Now...on to the theme park shuttles. They were 20 minutes late when picking us up. Disney opens at 9 and we got there around 11, it was pretty disappointing. The good things about the resort include the pool, which was clean and appeared well kept. The kiddie pool is cold, the adult pool is warm, and the spa is great. However, the tiki bar was not opened. The spaciousness of our deluxe villa was great. Other than those two things I can't think of anything spectacular about our stay. I don't think I will be returning unless things change.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask about their reservation policies before they charge you twice. Check all the appli...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Miami Gardens, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

We were there this past weekend and i have to start by saying for the past 12 years we have been staying inside disney at their resort but since this year we were doing Disney one day and driving to Itchtuknee Springs for the other day we decided to change and stay here. WE WERE TOTALLY BLOWN AWAY We Loved your resort and the employees were all so helpful and nice , the place was super clean which is a bigger then big deal for me. The 2 cleaning ladies were so accommadating i wish i had their names. over all we will defenitely be back we totally loved it. it was spacious and had all the amenities imaginable.
LOVED RUN AWAY BEACH CLUD ... THE GODOY,S

Room Tip: OUR ROOM WAS AWESOME 1203 POOL AND LAKE VIEW Next to Gym, Pool & Basketball court, corner 2 bedr...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Indianapolis, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

This was by far one of the worst stays I have had. I have been coming to this hotel For at least nine years. I didn't have any pans, there were bed bugs and the front desk didn't care. The night shift was very rude, I didn't have enough towels and that was an issue. Two years ago I had a small problem there, a guy by the name of art was working there, he handled it so great I actually sent him a card. He was so professional and made sure we were ok until the end of our stay. Because of him, i believe i came back over twenty more times. My daughter and i looked forward to seeing him and knowing we would be taken care of, just like long time guest should. Because I have come so frequently, I would think they would care about long time guest. I was promised a room and when I got there I couldn't get it for whatever reason. The room was old and things didn't work, when I called or came down to the office they were either too busy eating in the office or they simply just didn't care. This place has changed so much for the worse. I would never recommend this place. I will say, Tracey in house keeping made sure we got towels everyday and that is because she knows us from coming and took care of us like they should. I was always happy to see her and art, I wish I knew what hotel he was at now, that would be our new place to go. I usually go to runaway at least 6 times a year, they will never see us again and I suggest no one go here unless you want a horrible stay and want bed bugs to go home with. There is absolutely no customer service here at all!! I must add, the beds are old and feel horrible too!!!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Joel I, General Manager at Runaway Beach Club, responded to this review, April 19, 2014
I would like to start off by apologizing for your less than perfect stay. It is never our intent to have our guests have an unpleasant experience in any way while staying with us at Runaway Beach Club. I agree that their is absolutely no excuse for poor customer service so please rest assured that this issue has since been addressed and handled. In reference to Tracy, she is definitely a great asset to our team and I will pass on your kind words about her. We have also put a team in place to focus on all your concerns from cleanliness to comfort and to assure that this does not happen again. In addition I have met with all my department heads and I can assure you that we are moving forward with these areas to improve in quality and value. I again sincerely apologize and hope to get a second chance to earn your business.
Chester, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

My family and I were looking forward to staying at this resort. Upon our arrival we were impressed. The Pool/lobby and Lake area were beautiful. However almost right away we were unhappy.

We made our reservation in May of 2013 and arrived in Flordia of the end of January of 2014. We called 3 times to make sure our accommodations were met. We wanted to be by the lake and have a patio so my family members could step outside for a smoke. We were not given this after we were told 3 times we would have it. We were told that a person who arrives on Friday without a reservation could take our room with our accommodations. So what is the point in making a reservation? We went back up front and asked for our accommodations and were met with an attitude for the office staff. She was rude, did not care what we wanted and did'nt try to help. We asked if we would get our money back if we left and she just said yes without an apology or anything to fix the problem. So we went back to our room, used their wifi and found another hotel in 10 minutes that we were pleased with. I will never return to this resort and I recommend this place to no one.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
I would like to start off by apologizing for your less than perfect experience. It is never our intent to have our guests have an unpleasant experience in any way while staying with us at Runaway Beach Club. Customer service is an area in which we try to focus on daily. This is why it was extremely upsetting to me to read that this was the reason your vacation was less than perfect. Please note that I have addressed the issue personally about customer service and your reservation request to assure that this does not happen again. In addition I have met with all my department heads and we are moving forward with these areas to improve in quality and value. I again sincerely apologize and hope to get a second chance to earn your business.
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

We went with a group of 5 for 4 days and 3 nights. I found this on groupon and decided to give it a shot. It was very easy to redeem and check-in. The facility seems to be going through some major appearance changes/repairs. Mostly all of the buildings have some sort of repair going on to them, and there was a huge dumpster in front of our unit for building material. The unit itself was nice and pretty much clean. It comes with a full kitchen, a living room with tv and 2 pull out sofas, and ours was a 2 bedroom with 2 bathrooms. The beds are terribly uncomfortable. The mattresses are like sleeping on bricks. My husband and I chose to sleep on the pull out sofa over the bed, and even that was not comfortable. The shower would not drain completely so you were constantly standing in at least 2 inches of water while bathing. The shower curtain leaks all over the bathroom floor because they don't put a liner in as well. They do not give you nearly enough towels or washcloths for you party. The pools were nice, one was supposed to be a kids pool but only one of the 2 pools was heated (even though they are both supposed to be heated) so all the kids were playing in the adult-like area. The tiki bar was NEVER open the whole time we were there (Fri-Mon). The only good part was that we were able to bring in our own beverages, which probably saved us money in the long run. The kitchen was nice, but they do not give you dish soap, sponge, or dish towels so we ended up going to target and buying our own. We were able to make breakfast and lunch there everyday and chose to go out for dinner. It comes fully stocked with all dishes, utensils, and cookware. The shuttle does not go to the outlets like they say on the website. And you have to make reservations ahead of time, you can't just go. The resort fee that they charge you is ridiculous because when staying here it does not feel like you are at a resort at all. We rented a car, which I highly recommend. The location of this resort is perfect, but nothing great in walking distance. I would only stay here again if I got a great deal on groupon again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
I would like to start off by apologizing for your less than perfect stay. It is never our intent to have our guests have an unpleasant experience in any way while staying with us at Runaway Beach Club. Although your reservation process and check in experience were pleasant ones I apologize that you don't feel the same way about the rest of your stay. That said we have put a team in place to focus on all your concerns to assure that this does not happen again. I have also met with all my department heads and I can assure you that we are moving forward with cleanliness, quality and value. I again sincerely apologize and hope to get a second chance to earn your business
Brunswick, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

After seeing this place on Groupon, I wasnt sure if I wanted to cancel my Marriott reservation but after seeing the great response by the general manager, I gave it a shot. Not only was it $150 less than my first hotel reservation but the customer service was great as well as the condo. It was two bedrooms, a full kitchen, washer/dryer, close to pool, etc. The kids wanted to leave Sea World to return to the condo. The pool area was great and the complex was close to everything. Im a picky person when it comes to hotels and where I sleep and my children play and this place was great. Our unit was nice and clean and very spacious. If you have any doubts, contact their manager, Joel. He kept his word and made our stay excellent.

Room Tip: be specific with what youre expecting from a unit. Ours was great. Close to pool.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Thank you so much for staying with us. We are glad to hear that you and your kids enjoyed your stay with us here at Runaway Beach Club and we cant wait to welcome you back. We are always finding new ways to better our resort and appreciate positive feedback from our guests. Please feel free to contact me if I can ever be of any further assistance and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future.
Columbia, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

We stayed for 7 days and repeatedly requested towels and washcloths. We finally received some additional towels and began washing the towels ourselves. We never got the added washcloths, despite repeated requests. The staff is friendly and nice, but they seem overwhelmed. Things are not followed-through at all. The place is in disrepair, and is frankly dirty. We will never stay at Runaway Beach Club again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
I would like to first start off by apologizing on behalf of my staff and myself. Our goal is to be your home away from home and we obviously fell short of that. That said I have taken your input and made the necessary changes to prevent this from happening again. I have met with my housekeeping supervisors and I can assure you that we are moving forward with customer service, cleanliness, quality and value. Thank you again for your input and we hope to get a second chance to earn your business

Been to Runaway Beach Club? Share your experiences!