“Problem with booking agent” 5 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Condominium   |   3000 Bonfire Beach Drive, Kissimmee, FL 34746   |
Special Offer
Reserve Directly and Save
Miami Gardens, Florida
“Problem with booking agent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

I have tried for two weeks to get my Arabian night tickets . We traveled to the Runaway beach club from Miami and we met Art and Stacy front desk, they checked us in and I told Art about our situation on our tickets and right away he called and he spoke to a person and right away we got some favorable answers .Later a fax came to the front desk for us .The desk clerk called us to say a ticket voucher was sent for us. What a relief..Our room was nice and clean .the kitchen was also very tidy,we have no complaint.We are home now . We now recommend the runaway beach club to our neighbor. Thank you Art and Stacy. P.S The Arabian Night show was really good..Thanks from Edward and Milo...

Room Tip: If you are on the lower floor find out if the guest above you has children .their little feet do mak...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
art m, Front Office Manager at Runaway Beach Club, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with Runaway Beach Club. I am pleased you took the time to write about Staci and myself in your review and that I was able to sovle your issues with your tickets to Arabian nights. You are kind to note these things and I hope we can be a part of your next trip to Orlando again, Thank you !

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Miami,Fl
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

We arrived to our hotel room to find the toilet was not flushed and there was urine inside (obviously means not cleaned...) There were long black hairs in the towel by the sink (luckily we brought our own towels). There was a coffee wrapper torn open on the kitchen counter, and it wasn't until night time when we turned off all the lights that I noticed a red light on the coffee maker, so I touched the pot and it was hot and there was burned coffee crusted on the bottom of the pot...
Good think we packed Lysol disinfecting wipes!
I guess to not bash this hotel completely, the gentleman who checked me in was courteous, the living space is substantially big, and it's in a good location.
I would not go here again, I am just glad I got an "ok" deal and didn't spend $100+ that the website apparently claims costs for a night here...

• Stayed December 2012
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

We stayed at one of the three bedroom units at Mike Ditka. We came with two teens and two young `uns so there was six of us. It was a great layout for us, spacious and clean with two bathrooms and a full kitchen although we didn't really use the kitchen.

The grounds are very nice and the entrance is secured with an automated gate. We were able to park right in front of our unit to unload and then move to close by general parking, which there seemed to be plenty. We had french doors opening to a small patio out front. The wifi was a bit touch and go at our unit, it was better out in the parking lot then inside our place. I'm not sure where they put the access points.

The supplies were a bit thin, it was good that we brought our own soap. The resort can be tricky to find at first but once you found it its not so bad.

Looking at the other comments it looks like you need to know for sure where you are getting your key from. If you're getting it from the resort office that's great but looks like I'm one of the ones that got directed to the company off site. The address they gave me to pickup the key was actually the mall across the street where there was a small one man office.

For how much we got and the price we paid for it I'd say we got a really good deal. This would be my first pick going to Orlando area with the family because we got a large nice space at a great value.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share such a positive review with you trip to Kissimmee. I hope with your future trip to Runaway Beach club you will allow us with Charlestowne Runaway Beach club to have a chance to welcome you as guest. again, thanks again for sharing this review.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

My family of four (parents + two adult children) stayed here the week between Christmas and New Year's. We had a two-bedroom, two-bath condo and found it was spacious, contemporary, and clean. There is ample parking close to your front door, and the resort is quiet and well-kept.

A few things were issues for us (hence the four out of five stars). The first is the free wireless. While it is free, we could get a signal in only one room of the condo, and it was such a weak signal that it was useless. When I asked about it at the front desk, their advice was to use wireless while in the lobby (not at all what we had in mind). We travel with an array of smart phones and tablets, and could not use wireless with any of them.

The second is that the web site advertises shuttle service to the factory stores. The front desk told us there is no such service. We were counting on this one of the days when our group was splitting up to get to two separate locations. We had to readjust our schedules to accommodate this gap.

The third is the lack of basic supplies. One roll of toilet paper for five days, no laundry supplies, no paper towels or napkins, no foil, no dishwashing soap, and a small sample bar of soap that melted with one use in the shower. Also, if you plan on cooking, there are no condiments of any kind (I've stayed in other resorts that had packets of salt, ketchup, etc.) so you'll have to buy or bring those.

Outside of these issues, we found the condo to be well-located and a relatively good value. Note that if you use GPS like we did, we often found ourselves on toll roads (including to and from the airport). This wasn't an issue for us, but others should know to carry cash to pay the tolls. Also, we used our smart phones to see areas of traffic and navigated around it when we could. The I-4 and International Drive were extremely congested, even midday.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Naples, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Stayed at Runaway Beach Club for a long Holiday weekend and was very impressed. I do a lot of travelling for both business and realaxation and have to say this is one of the better place I have found in the Orlando area. Check in was quick ( right on property) and a gentleman by the name of Art was one of the most cordial and efficient front desk agents I have run across in a long time. We had a 1 bedroom unt and it was a great size for 4. Great location would recommend it highly

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
John L, General Manager at Runaway Beach Club, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
I am pleased to note that our services and facilities were to your satisfaction. Your positive feedback about our hotel is deeply appreciated and has been communicated to all the members of my team. I once again thank you for your valuable comments and look forward to the pleasure of your continued visits and assure you of the best in service and hospitality at Runaway Beach Club. Art was more than pleased you mentioning him in your response. As he put it, With John Cusack commenting on him and our resort, what more could you ask for ?
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the resort Dec. 26th through Jan. 1, 2013. When we arrived we were put into single units instead of the family condo as we had originally reserved. I have a family of four, and we were forced to sleep in the same bed for 7 days due to the fact that there were no pillows or covers available to us. Our room was filthy, I was so grossed out by the slime that was left on the bathroom and on the kitchen counter that I went to the local Walmart and purchased cleaning supplies. There were no pot holders to cook with and dishes were dirty. We were only given two towels for the entire week that we stayed. Our microwave was shooting sparks as soon as we turned it on, the DVD player was also broken and missing wires, the hair dryer was also broken. When I brought these matters to the attention of the employees they didn't seem to care in the least. I will NEVER stay here again and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone that likes to stay in a clean room.

• Stayed December 2012
Firstly we would like to thank you for putting up a review for our hotel and I hope you have enjoyed your overall stay in Kissimmee/Orlando. Our sincerest apologies for the negative experience on your first visit to Runaway Beach Club and we hope you will afford us the opportunity to make it up to you in the future. Constructive criticism is always appreciated and it is only through this that we can ensure we keep improving in order to up the quality of our services.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

We recently stayed at Runaway beach for 4 days after a 3 day trip there last year. It was beautiful! We enjoyed the two pools with a pond a waterfall, excellent workout room and very close to all Disney locations. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND asking for a room on the first floor WITH A PORCH (only some first floor units have an outdoor porch) -its wonderfu sipping a glass of wine after a fun filled day outside on the porch. Pleacefull and quiet at night. Tiki bar at the pool got its use from us!. The units were recently renovated. New management has upgraded the rooms. Carpet, etc. in excellent condition, granite countertops, full kitchen supplies, etc. We WILL DEFINITELY BE BACK!!!

Room Tip: We stayed in unit 19-103. Flat screens, granite counters, new shower heads, exceptionally clean and...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
art m, Front Office Manager at Runaway Beach Club, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience wth our resort. I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us, and pointing out a few secrets to future guest with information about patios and downstair/ upstair units. I look forward to welcoming you back to Runaway Beach Club Resort !

Been to Runaway Beach Club? Share your experiences!