“A few things would make this an excellent value” 4 of 5 stars

Runaway Beach Club
3.0 of 5 Condominium   |   3000 Bonfire Beach Drive, Kissimmee, FL 34746   |
Special Offer
Reserve Directly and Save
“A few things would make this an excellent value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

My family of four (parents + two adult children) stayed here the week between Christmas and New Year's. We had a two-bedroom, two-bath condo and found it was spacious, contemporary, and clean. There is ample parking close to your front door, and the resort is quiet and well-kept.

A few things were issues for us (hence the four out of five stars). The first is the free wireless. While it is free, we could get a signal in only one room of the condo, and it was such a weak signal that it was useless. When I asked about it at the front desk, their advice was to use wireless while in the lobby (not at all what we had in mind). We travel with an array of smart phones and tablets, and could not use wireless with any of them.

The second is that the web site advertises shuttle service to the factory stores. The front desk told us there is no such service. We were counting on this one of the days when our group was splitting up to get to two separate locations. We had to readjust our schedules to accommodate this gap.

The third is the lack of basic supplies. One roll of toilet paper for five days, no laundry supplies, no paper towels or napkins, no foil, no dishwashing soap, and a small sample bar of soap that melted with one use in the shower. Also, if you plan on cooking, there are no condiments of any kind (I've stayed in other resorts that had packets of salt, ketchup, etc.) so you'll have to buy or bring those.

Outside of these issues, we found the condo to be well-located and a relatively good value. Note that if you use GPS like we did, we often found ourselves on toll roads (including to and from the airport). This wasn't an issue for us, but others should know to carry cash to pay the tolls. Also, we used our smart phones to see areas of traffic and navigated around it when we could. The I-4 and International Drive were extremely congested, even midday.

575 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Naples, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Stayed at Runaway Beach Club for a long Holiday weekend and was very impressed. I do a lot of travelling for both business and realaxation and have to say this is one of the better place I have found in the Orlando area. Check in was quick ( right on property) and a gentleman by the name of Art was one of the most cordial and efficient front desk agents I have run across in a long time. We had a 1 bedroom unt and it was a great size for 4. Great location would recommend it highly

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
John L, General Manager at Runaway Beach Club, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
I am pleased to note that our services and facilities were to your satisfaction. Your positive feedback about our hotel is deeply appreciated and has been communicated to all the members of my team. I once again thank you for your valuable comments and look forward to the pleasure of your continued visits and assure you of the best in service and hospitality at Runaway Beach Club. Art was more than pleased you mentioning him in your response. As he put it, With John Cusack commenting on him and our resort, what more could you ask for ?
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the resort Dec. 26th through Jan. 1, 2013. When we arrived we were put into single units instead of the family condo as we had originally reserved. I have a family of four, and we were forced to sleep in the same bed for 7 days due to the fact that there were no pillows or covers available to us. Our room was filthy, I was so grossed out by the slime that was left on the bathroom and on the kitchen counter that I went to the local Walmart and purchased cleaning supplies. There were no pot holders to cook with and dishes were dirty. We were only given two towels for the entire week that we stayed. Our microwave was shooting sparks as soon as we turned it on, the DVD player was also broken and missing wires, the hair dryer was also broken. When I brought these matters to the attention of the employees they didn't seem to care in the least. I will NEVER stay here again and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone that likes to stay in a clean room.

• Stayed December 2012
Firstly we would like to thank you for putting up a review for our hotel and I hope you have enjoyed your overall stay in Kissimmee/Orlando. Our sincerest apologies for the negative experience on your first visit to Runaway Beach Club and we hope you will afford us the opportunity to make it up to you in the future. Constructive criticism is always appreciated and it is only through this that we can ensure we keep improving in order to up the quality of our services.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

We recently stayed at Runaway beach for 4 days after a 3 day trip there last year. It was beautiful! We enjoyed the two pools with a pond a waterfall, excellent workout room and very close to all Disney locations. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND asking for a room on the first floor WITH A PORCH (only some first floor units have an outdoor porch) -its wonderfu sipping a glass of wine after a fun filled day outside on the porch. Pleacefull and quiet at night. Tiki bar at the pool got its use from us!. The units were recently renovated. New management has upgraded the rooms. Carpet, etc. in excellent condition, granite countertops, full kitchen supplies, etc. We WILL DEFINITELY BE BACK!!!

Room Tip: We stayed in unit 19-103. Flat screens, granite counters, new shower heads, exceptionally clean and...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
art m, Front Office Manager at Runaway Beach Club, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience wth our resort. I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us, and pointing out a few secrets to future guest with information about patios and downstair/ upstair units. I look forward to welcoming you back to Runaway Beach Club Resort !
miami
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

this hotel realy is the best place to stay if you are taking your family to the nearby fun. it is realy close to the disney parks, it is walking distance to a walmart, super clean and the staff is very helpful, Denice and Marianne were very helpful and took care of us with a warm smile on their face. i will defebetly be returning to this hotel
not to mention that the price is perfect the 6 people in our family slept happy and all in their own bed ( 2 bedroom villa)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
art m, Front Office Manager at Runaway Beach Club, responded to this review, April 20, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review. I am very pround when I hear such amazing things about the front desk agents, and I am pleased you took the time to include them in your review. I look forward to your return to Runaway Beach Club, and again, Thank you
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

We stayed for 2 nights recently, and though we had stayed here in the past, this was the most run down unit we've stayed at. Old carpetting, ceiling fans wobbling, sofa not in great condition, no dish soap, etc. Also, we found out that the other management company on this site has cheaper rooms. If we stay here again, we will go through the other company. Also, you have to check in off-site which is quite inconvenient.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
it seems to me that you booked with the previous management company and I apoligize that your trip to Runaway Beach Club was less than favorable. I invite you back real soon, and please, allow the new management company to impress you and perhaps become your number one hotel in the kissimmee/ Orlando area. Thank you for taking the time to write this review.
Oslo, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I recently went on a trip to Florida for four weeks where, after doing extensive research online, I figured I'd take my chances with the Runaway Beach Club.

I'll admit I was a bit nervous, since I decided to make this place my home for almost an entire month, but online they claimed it was "a home away from home," and it looked really nice and cute with the colorful houses surrounding the little lake. A few reviews seemed to be negative, but to be honestly the tone in those remined me of a pissy old aunt I have who makes it a hobby to go to great lengths to find faults with everyone and everything, also the clear majority of reviews were highly positive, and a lot of them were regular guests so THAT tells me plenty.

But the regular guests weren't lying. It really was a home away from home. For a great affordable price, considering I was there for so long, I actually got what can be described as a small house all for my own. With a good, clean kitchen with everything you needed (a big fridge, an oven, a microwave etc), a big living room with TWO couches, a nice big bedroom, a nice bathroom, a lot of space, including a walk-in closet, and the best of all: a big and very effective washer and dryer!

I only live in a one bedroom apartment back home, so it was luxury to have all this by myself. The resort area is also nice with the pools and a gym, even a basketball court and the adorable "neighbourhood" of colorful houses made for a wonderful place to take your evening strolls :)

Also it is less then a five minute walk from a SuperWalMart which is open 24/7. If Walmart isn't your thing you'll find a Publix and several dining places and restaurants a 7-8 minute walk in the opposite direction (personally I got addicted to the Bob Evans restaurant in the area, LOVED their food:).

The staff members I encountered were also very friendly, but I have to give a special big shout-out to their star, the wonderful and funny Deniece! If you're, lucky her smile will be the first thing that will greet you when you check in, just like it was the first night I arrived. Didn't take but a minute and it already felt like we were old friends! I've stayed in hotels in London, Paris, Berlin, Copenhagen, Stockholm and other places, but nothing beats Deniece at the Runaway :D

If I return to the Orlando-area again I hope they find room for me again at the Runaway Beach Club!

G. Olsen - Oslo, Norway

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
John L, General Manager at Runaway Beach Club, responded to this review, January 5, 2013
I thank you for sparing time for providing your valuable feedback on Trip Advisor.
Deniece was more than thrilled you mentioned her on Trip Advisor, and wanted me to say hello and thank you to her new found friend from Norway!

Been to Runaway Beach Club? Share your experiences!