“The rooms were dirty and needed a lot of repairs.” 2 of 5 stars

Runaway Beach Club
3.0 of 5 Condominium   |   3000 Bonfire Beach Drive, Kissimmee, FL 34746   |
Special Offer
Reserve Directly and Save
“The rooms were dirty and needed a lot of repairs.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the resort Dec. 26th through Jan. 1, 2013. When we arrived we were put into single units instead of the family condo as we had originally reserved. I have a family of four, and we were forced to sleep in the same bed for 7 days due to the fact that there were no pillows or covers available to us. Our room was filthy, I was so grossed out by the slime that was left on the bathroom and on the kitchen counter that I went to the local Walmart and purchased cleaning supplies. There were no pot holders to cook with and dishes were dirty. We were only given two towels for the entire week that we stayed. Our microwave was shooting sparks as soon as we turned it on, the DVD player was also broken and missing wires, the hair dryer was also broken. When I brought these matters to the attention of the employees they didn't seem to care in the least. I will NEVER stay here again and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone that likes to stay in a clean room.

• Stayed December 2012
John L, General Manager at Runaway Beach Club, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Firstly we would like to thank you for putting up a review for our hotel and I hope you have enjoyed your overall stay in Kissimmee/Orlando. Our sincerest apologies for the negative experience on your first visit to Runaway Beach Club and we hope you will afford us the opportunity to make it up to you in the future. Constructive criticism is always appreciated and it is only through this that we can ensure we keep improving in order to up the quality of our services.

575 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

We recently stayed at Runaway beach for 4 days after a 3 day trip there last year. It was beautiful! We enjoyed the two pools with a pond a waterfall, excellent workout room and very close to all Disney locations. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND asking for a room on the first floor WITH A PORCH (only some first floor units have an outdoor porch) -its wonderfu sipping a glass of wine after a fun filled day outside on the porch. Pleacefull and quiet at night. Tiki bar at the pool got its use from us!. The units were recently renovated. New management has upgraded the rooms. Carpet, etc. in excellent condition, granite countertops, full kitchen supplies, etc. We WILL DEFINITELY BE BACK!!!

Room Tip: We stayed in unit 19-103. Flat screens, granite counters, new shower heads, exceptionally clean and...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
art m, Front Office Manager at Runaway Beach Club, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience wth our resort. I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us, and pointing out a few secrets to future guest with information about patios and downstair/ upstair units. I look forward to welcoming you back to Runaway Beach Club Resort !
miami
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

this hotel realy is the best place to stay if you are taking your family to the nearby fun. it is realy close to the disney parks, it is walking distance to a walmart, super clean and the staff is very helpful, Denice and Marianne were very helpful and took care of us with a warm smile on their face. i will defebetly be returning to this hotel
not to mention that the price is perfect the 6 people in our family slept happy and all in their own bed ( 2 bedroom villa)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
art m, Front Office Manager at Runaway Beach Club, responded to this review, April 20, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review. I am very pround when I hear such amazing things about the front desk agents, and I am pleased you took the time to include them in your review. I look forward to your return to Runaway Beach Club, and again, Thank you
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

We stayed for 2 nights recently, and though we had stayed here in the past, this was the most run down unit we've stayed at. Old carpetting, ceiling fans wobbling, sofa not in great condition, no dish soap, etc. Also, we found out that the other management company on this site has cheaper rooms. If we stay here again, we will go through the other company. Also, you have to check in off-site which is quite inconvenient.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
it seems to me that you booked with the previous management company and I apoligize that your trip to Runaway Beach Club was less than favorable. I invite you back real soon, and please, allow the new management company to impress you and perhaps become your number one hotel in the kissimmee/ Orlando area. Thank you for taking the time to write this review.
Oslo, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I recently went on a trip to Florida for four weeks where, after doing extensive research online, I figured I'd take my chances with the Runaway Beach Club.

I'll admit I was a bit nervous, since I decided to make this place my home for almost an entire month, but online they claimed it was "a home away from home," and it looked really nice and cute with the colorful houses surrounding the little lake. A few reviews seemed to be negative, but to be honestly the tone in those remined me of a pissy old aunt I have who makes it a hobby to go to great lengths to find faults with everyone and everything, also the clear majority of reviews were highly positive, and a lot of them were regular guests so THAT tells me plenty.

But the regular guests weren't lying. It really was a home away from home. For a great affordable price, considering I was there for so long, I actually got what can be described as a small house all for my own. With a good, clean kitchen with everything you needed (a big fridge, an oven, a microwave etc), a big living room with TWO couches, a nice big bedroom, a nice bathroom, a lot of space, including a walk-in closet, and the best of all: a big and very effective washer and dryer!

I only live in a one bedroom apartment back home, so it was luxury to have all this by myself. The resort area is also nice with the pools and a gym, even a basketball court and the adorable "neighbourhood" of colorful houses made for a wonderful place to take your evening strolls :)

Also it is less then a five minute walk from a SuperWalMart which is open 24/7. If Walmart isn't your thing you'll find a Publix and several dining places and restaurants a 7-8 minute walk in the opposite direction (personally I got addicted to the Bob Evans restaurant in the area, LOVED their food:).

The staff members I encountered were also very friendly, but I have to give a special big shout-out to their star, the wonderful and funny Deniece! If you're, lucky her smile will be the first thing that will greet you when you check in, just like it was the first night I arrived. Didn't take but a minute and it already felt like we were old friends! I've stayed in hotels in London, Paris, Berlin, Copenhagen, Stockholm and other places, but nothing beats Deniece at the Runaway :D

If I return to the Orlando-area again I hope they find room for me again at the Runaway Beach Club!

G. Olsen - Oslo, Norway

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
John L, General Manager at Runaway Beach Club, responded to this review, January 5, 2013
I am pleased to note that our services and facilities were to your satisfaction. Your positive feedback about our hotel is deeply appreciated and has been communicated to all the members of my team. I once again thank you for your valuable comments and look forward to the pleasure of your continued visits and assure you of the best in service and hospitality at Runaway Beach Club
I thank you for sparing time for providing your valuable feedback on Trip Advisor.
Deniece was more than thrilled you mentioned her on Trip Advisor, and wanted me to say hello and thank you to her new found friend from Norway!
Waycross, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

We have come to Orlando 5 times in the last 2 years and we always come back to the Runaway Beach Club. It is perfect for our family and helps us save money by letting us cook and eat here. We are close to Disney and tons of restaurants. I recommend getting a downstairs without stairs if you are bringing small children.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for the feedback! It is wonderful to hear from our valued repeat customers and appreciate your continued patronage. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
kc
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Part of mike Ditka Resorts this place is bad. Cockroaches on kitchen counter, Faucet in bath falling apart, dirty carpet, and bad odor. Stay away from this place.

This is what the website has on it.......

Mike Ditka Resorts incorporates several elements into hotel and resort management to provide for success in both comfort and elegance, bringing together the winning determination of the famous Super Bowl coach and the hotel expertise of over 35 combined years of hotel experience across the United States of Geneva Hospitality. Started in 2006, Mike Ditka Resorts currently has two resorts under it's flag, Mike Ditka Resorts - Runaway Beach Club and Mike Ditka Resorts - Lighthouse Key Resort and Spa. Each property is very unique and different in its own way, but they also have many similar qualities and features that make them recognizable as part of Mike Ditka Resorts. Both properties are Condo/Hotel Resorts which means that each individual villa you rent was designed as an actual condo with sizes ranging from a 1 bedroom villa at 600 sq ft, to a 3 bedroom villa at almost 2,000 sq ft! Each of these large and luxurious villas features a full-size/fully-equipped kitchen, a dinning room, living room, and a full-size washer/dryer. While staying at either resort, you will enjoy such amenities as free shuttle service to and from Walt Disney World, as well as free Wi-Fi throughout each of the properties. Mike Ditka Resorts are designed to provide all the comforts of home, while still providing all the amenities and advantages possible of an Orlando, FL vacation.

But trust me stay away..

Room Tip: Do not go there.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
John L, General Manager at Runaway Beach Club, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
On June 22nd 2012 our Trip Advisor reviews grew by 400 guest comments due to a rollover from the previous on-site management. Unfortunately, when there is more than one management company for a resort, Trip Advisor; must merge all previous reviews, good and bad, into one account. We have been facing; many calls from future guests that were very concerned by the negative comments that have appeared on Runaway Beach Club’s Trip Advisor listing since the June 22nd when the reviews were all merged into one listing. It may be helpful to explain what has occurred at Runaway Beach Club since March 16th, 2012.
Charlestowne Hotels became the new onsite management company on March 16th, 2012, when the previous management company was removed from the resort. The previous company relocated to an offsite location and still rents units to some customers. Unfortunately, when a company is no longer operating the services of the resort, is not able to fulfill all the promises and services as advertised. This has caused a lot of confusion not only for their guests but our future guests as well. Perhaps most distressing of all are the guests of the older company who have bad experiences.
We empathize with those guests and hope that when they return, that they will stay at Runaway Beach Club through the new onsite management and be able to enjoy a much better stay.
Since Charlestowne Hotels began in March, we have been constantly working to create an outstanding experience for our guests; and would love to have an opportunity to show you the results that can come from good rental management.
We are close to rolling out an indoor Café Azul, where guests and owners can enjoy their favorite beverage, and order a meal while enjoying a day at the pool. There are attendants at the pool area that offer a complimentary towel service, and a new kids and guest program is beginning, and these are just some of the new amenities that are planned: Movie Night, Arts & Crafts, Hip Hop dance classes, yoga classes, aqua aerobics etc. These will be based on availability and demand.
Again we are terribly distressed, that anyone’s first impression of Runaway Beach Club may not be a good one; but we would like to extend a personal invitation to you to return and experience the new changes being implemented and to assure you of the best in service and hospitality at the new Runaway Beach Club.
Please feel free to contact me directly; should you have any questions.
Yours Truly,
John Leite
407-997-3656 x 71108

Been to Runaway Beach Club? Share your experiences!